Ddstoys

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Car:Lx

Posted 02 March 2021 - 08:43 PM

I’m sure we all have other interests and when I’m not messing with cars I’m messing with old coin operated games.

What are others into?

Here’s my latest addition it’s a 1951 Chicago coin Twin hockey machine hopefully the video works

https://youtu.be/LrrH5eTnQgw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 73SUNBURSTEXYOUWON

73SUNBURSTEXYOUWON

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Name:JASO
  • Car:4/73 LJ XU-1. Adelaide build, Sunburst. 1963 EH Premier. Brisbane build, Portsea Blue.
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:54 AM

Bundaberg Rum. Not just drinkin, but began collecting bottles. Started back in 1990. So have an array of full, empty, discontinued, old and new labels.

#3 axistr

axistr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:18 AM

Karting, Collecting and racing karts. Trying to keep up with the younger generation.

#4 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 March 2021 - 08:45 AM

I love that arcade game. What a ripper.

For many years I was into anything to do with dirt bikes. Motocross, enduro, and even speedway. But once the broken bone count got into the double digits and my sons started racing, I slowed down a fair bit. It has nearly been two years since I broke my back and I am just starting to do a bit of trail riding, but I think my hobby may lean more towards fishing from now on.

A long time ago, on a farm far far away...........

Attached File  032.1.2.jpg   65.97K   14 downloads

#5 Ddstoys

Ddstoys

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 09:36 AM

Bundaberg Rum. Not just drinkin, but began collecting bottles. Started back in 1990. So have an array of full, empty, discontinued, old and new labels.

I tried collecting booze once but not enough self control for that

Karting, Collecting and racing karts. Trying to keep up with the younger generation.

I never realised karting was such a big thing there’s a racetrack close to my house and didn’t even know

For many years I was into anything to do with dirt bikes. Motocross, enduro, and even speedway. But once the broken bone count got into the double digits and my sons started racing, I slowed down a fair bit. It has nearly been two years since I broke my back and I am just starting to do a bit of trail riding, but I think my hobby may lean more towards fishing from now on.
attachicon.gif 032.1.2.jpg

Yeah broken back sounds like a fair reason to take a step back

#6 axistr

axistr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 March 2021 - 01:35 PM

attachicon.gif032.1.2.jpg

Cool Laurie, I'm with you on that one. I still get my dirt bike out on the rear occasion. Used to race A grade back in the day but after a few bone breakages in one season I had to revert back to just getting out on the trails with the mates again. Still haven't grown up enough to get a four stroke yet. Have a Yamaha YZ WR 250R registered (rare bike), had it since new and its just turned 20 years old. The big same on me is it's only got 800km on it. My son in law and I come third in a 7 hour kart endurance race recently and the whole 7 hour race was in the rain. Still much easier on the body than a 40 minute moto. You should try doing four wheels close to the ground Laurie,  and your brain still thinks your 18 again, and there isn't enough time to think if the body is hurting or not.     

#7 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 02:23 PM

I used to be right into Honda ATC’s, built a fair few back in the day. Haven’t had one for a while but still have the bones of a first gen ATC250R (frame, rear end, seat, triple clamps, forks, front wheel) ready to build another. Will probably try and find a Stat Writeoff late model DZR400 or DR650 to convert when time permits. Would love to build one from an old IT490 or the like but they are far too valuable today.

I love karting too, had a few fun days at Cameron Park on the hire carts. I’m no good on a little 2 stroke though as I’m 6’5” and 115-120kg, so even if I do a 15 lap race flawlessly I can’t compete with 60kg blokes! Even if I was skin and bone I’d be around 100kg.

Always wanted an old 8-ball Deluxe pinball machine, but never been able to justify the cost and the space. Been thinking about buying a wine barrel converted to an arcade machine though.

#8 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 March 2021 - 02:41 PM

Have a Yamaha YZ WR 250R registered (rare bike), had it since new and its just turned 20 years old. The big same on me is it's only got 800km on it. My son in law and I come third in a 7 hour kart endurance race recently .     

A mate I still ride with has a WR 250R as well. Great bike, but I like the torque from the KTM.  There is a dirt cart track in the town where I am planning on retiring to, so that is something I might have a crack at.

First motorcycle accident I ever had was on a Honda 3 wheeler. When I stopped cartwheeling, I was caught up in an electric fence. It is amazing how fast you can get yourself out from under a bike when you have 30,000 volts belting you in the ribs.

#9 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,122 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 03 March 2021 - 04:58 PM

Yes i used to ride off road bikes as well but my last 3 wheeler ride175 trimoto didn’t go to plan i went over a 3 metre embankment then landed in the ocean on reef cost me 6 weeks off work and wrote the bike off 

Worst was it wasn’t my bike quite an expensive easter Sunday 

but lived to tell the tale 

#10 claysummers

claysummers

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts
  • Name:Clay
  • Car:186 FB Ute, 3.3 EK sedan

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:02 PM

Skurfna46c7c66c18c20c5b88e388c6073dd16.jpg

early Holden nut

#11 dascind

dascind

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Car:71 LC GTR

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:05 PM

Railways. From toys to the real thing.

Might run out of 'puff' one day but ….!!!!

#12 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:33 PM

Yes i used to ride off road bikes as well but my last 3 wheeler ride175 trimoto didn’t go to plan i went over a 3 metre embankment then landed in the ocean on reef cost me 6 weeks off work and wrote the bike off
Worst was it wasn’t my bike quite an expensive easter Sunday
but lived to tell the tale

If you were ever to do a series of classes on how to ride a fixed axle trike it’d go something like this:

“Hands up who rides jet bikes a lot? Hands up who has never ridden a jet bike or a motorcycle? Hands up who rides a motorcycle?
OK. Jet bike riders, you are in the advanced trike class. Those that have never ridden a jet ski or a motorcycle, you are in the intermediate class, we can teach you easily. Motorcycle riders, you are the numbties. We need to have you unlearn everything you think you know about riding.”

#13 Ddstoys

Ddstoys

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 06:57 PM

I used to be right into Honda ATC’s, built a fair few back in the day. Haven’t had one for a while but still have the bones of a first gen ATC250R (frame, rear end, seat, triple clamps, forks, front wheel) ready to build another. Will probably try and find a Stat Writeoff late model DZR400 or DR650 to convert when time permits. Would love to build one from an old IT490 or the like but they are far too valuable today.

I love karting too, had a few fun days at Cameron Park on the hire carts. I’m no good on a little 2 stroke though as I’m 6’5” and 115-120kg, so even if I do a 15 lap race flawlessly I can’t compete with 60kg blokes! Even if I was skin and bone I’d be around 100kg.

Always wanted an old 8-ball Deluxe pinball machine, but never been able to justify the cost and the space. Been thinking about buying a wine barrel converted to an arcade machine though.

Yeah pinball prices have gone mental lately my first Pinball cost me $20

#14 73SUNBURSTEXYOUWON

73SUNBURSTEXYOUWON

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Name:JASO
  • Car:4/73 LJ XU-1. Adelaide build, Sunburst. 1963 EH Premier. Brisbane build, Portsea Blue.
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:43 PM

Well, as a kid never had a motorbike, karting was a down hill soap box billy, didnt have the legs for surfin....so being a Bundy boy, Rums were the flavour of the local cane fields.

The 2litre bottle was a gift for my 21st, 31 years ago, Never Opened. And so it began.....

Yep I am pretty tolerant, not to crack open some tempting flavours.

Attached Files

#15 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Name:Garth
  • Car:UC S̶u̶n̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ 5000!

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:03 PM

I repair/restore (and play around with :D ) nitro rc cars, trucks, buggies etc. Always got a few on the go -

Attached File  20180318_152743.jpg   232.15K   13 downloads

#16 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 05:52 PM

Old blokes MX, and other things.

Attached Files

#17 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 05 March 2021 - 08:15 AM

Attached File  ibby wall 4.jpg   66.8K   8 downloads

#18 bat 53

bat 53

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Name:albert
  • Car:lc gtr

Posted 05 March 2021 - 10:37 AM

race karts fora long while got a couple of titles 

now trying to reinvent the wheel on car truck conversions 

#19 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 05 March 2021 - 02:31 PM

Played guitar in bands for years - I miss that a lot. Now into guitar and amp collecting, mainly vintage Gibsons, Fenders and Martins.

#20 lx308

lx308

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:Nuffin. Goin touring.

Posted 05 March 2021 - 08:35 PM

Professional beach bum is my other hobby. 10 days out the beach 4-5 at home then back out the beach. a7aedf89b0cb234d1e9ea5d5e24a51c2.jpg

#21 nzxu1

nzxu1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 06:47 AM

Keeping big cars honest is one of  my other  passions 

Attached Files

#22 CI 0308

CI 0308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:77 LX SS, VX SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 March 2021 - 09:09 AM

I dont mind a game of golf but find it hard to get away from anything to do with cars. Living 5 mins away from Barbagallo I just had to join the club :)

Attached Files

#23 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 March 2021 - 12:54 PM

Keeping big cars honest is one of  my other  passions 

The Mini or the Zephyr?

#24 GregD

GregD

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Name:Greg
  • Car:Lx torana

Posted 14 March 2021 - 07:52 PM

BMX racing ,was the NSW country champ at age 19 now at age 57 im the country bumpkin. But still proud of the fact I can still get on the bike and race my sons around the track ,but much more grounded these days cannot fly through the air anymore .

#25 axistr

axistr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 March 2021 - 09:00 AM

BMX racing ,was the NSW country champ at age 19 now at age 57 im the country bumpkin. But still proud of the fact I can still get on the bike and race my sons around the track ,but much more grounded these days cannot fly through the air anymore .

Time to get your pilots license Greg so you can fly for longer and higher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users