Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:1973 GTRXU1

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:28 PM

Hi,
Could anyone recommend any enclosed car transport carrier's ,I've got a car coming from Sydney to North Queensland .Thanks

#2 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:29 PM

I can't recommend one but will offer a couple of things to think about. The long haul truck may be enclosed but the little one that services the suburbs may not be. And they may unload it in their depot leaving it in the open. Leaving vehicle transport to others is a risk. They're truck drivers and don't give fcuk unfortunately. I've not had a bad experience but when they say they'll look after your vehicle, they won't, they'll do what suits them.

#3 RallyRed

RallyRed

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,804 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 15 April 2021 - 08:14 PM

I reckon this is a common conundrum.
You can -
1. get a quote and go with internet Mr X. He may pick it up, subby out the line haul to the next big city, then they subby out the next leg etc etc. Your car may end up sitting out in the open in some storage yard between legs. It may sit there until the next backload becomes available that is heading your way..

2. Pay a premium and get Mr Y to do a premium guaranteed service door to door, no drop offs. This being the case, expect to pay big time, but also expect it to leave "there" and be "here" within say 72 hours. If no? , why not?

3. Ponder all the above, and just get a trailer and get it yourself.
Time consuming.

About 4 weeks ago, did #3 with a mate, to pick up his purchase from country Vic, to Newcastle NSW.
Trailer hire, time, meals, drinks, motel, fuel etc all came in just a bit under what it would have cost to truck it with a random cheapy transport co.

Piece of mind to do it yourself, vs. time you have to give up?.

#4 Liz Clare

Liz Clare

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Car:LJ GTR XU1 and LX SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 April 2021 - 06:37 PM

Hi,
Could anyone recommend any enclosed car transport carrier's ,I've got a car coming from Sydney to North Queensland .Thanks

Alan’s Unique Car Transport

I’ve used them and know others who do also. One enclosed truck picks up and delivers to your address. There’s no transfer depots and no subbing out.

https://www.uniquecarcarriers.com.au

Hope that link works for you.

Cheers,

Liz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 V-SLR5000-P

V-SLR5000-P

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  • Car:L34 x 2
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 April 2021 - 07:47 PM

Another vote for Alans. My HK Monaro Sydney to Melbourne in about 12 hours door to door.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users