Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,993 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2021 - 02:59 PM

W1000 definitely long snout for late model cars. 

#28 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 03:19 PM

Unless you have to be 100% authentic, I’d always use the long pump. Just need a water pump pulley off any off the last 2/3 or so of Holden V8 production years. Will need ram spacer adjustment or may cause issues with viscous clutch fan to shroud clearance though.

#29 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,811 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 23 July 2021 - 09:52 AM

This is an image I’ve found somewhere about these GMB cast impellers. Just looking at the fin direction…. It’s opposite to my original one???

Bottom image is my original one.

Attached Files

Edited by hanra, 23 July 2021 - 09:52 AM.

#30 MustardGTR

MustardGTR

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Car:72 GTR, 73 GTR

Posted 02 October 2023 - 10:12 PM

This is an image I’ve found somewhere about these GMB cast impellers. Just looking at the fin direction…. It’s opposite to my original one???

Bottom image is my original one.

I checked another GMB water pump with a cast impeller and made note of the vane orientation - See first photo 

From the small sample of GMB pumps I have seen (including Gene's) it seems cast impellers these days all have this style of impeller, which is the different to the OEM "backward curving" impeller.

I did write to GMB some time ago on this change from from OEM but never got a response..... 
And FYI - in the discussion above, the photo of the impeller with 8 blades is mine and has been installed in my car for some years now. No issues to date and I would go as far to say the 8 vane impeller is actually superior in keeping the engine temp down compared to the previously installed 6 vane.

The last photo shows some of the impellors available for BBMopars and something I researched when purchasing a replacement. These were all tested back to back (by others) and to no surprise there was a big difference in performance!.  

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users