#1 champagne_metallic

champagne_metallic

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Car:UC Torana

Posted 22 May 2021 - 05:41 PM

I have an LC and the Tag up near the window wiper motor says its an 01/70 build, but the digits (example, LC ***** A) dont match the digits stamped into the right hand inner guard

The car was purchased from a classic car Licensed motor vehicle Dealer, is registered with the plates that are on the car, they match the rego papers and has the correct engine number on the rego papers, paint is the same color as is on the Body Identification tag and the long skinny tags first 5 numbers match the Body Identifications Model no. (Example, LC*****)

Buying from a Dealer i thought they are obliged to ensure the title is clean and must check PPSR etc.

#2 champagne_metallic

champagne_metallic

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 05:54 PM

*Passenger side inner guard sorry

#3 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,536 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 22 May 2021 - 06:54 PM

Are you looking for assistance with the validity of the unique identifiers on the car or the dealers liability to guarantee the vehicle, offer you a refund or some other remedy?

#4 champagne_metallic

champagne_metallic

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 07:22 PM

Peace of mind, I love the car and want to keep it, but want to know what happens if i get pulled over and a cop spots this, I have all the documentation proving I purchased this car from a licensed vehicle dealer, who I thought must sell cars with clean title's, and the appropriate checks PPSR etc

#5 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 07:36 PM

Is it registered with the chassis number or the number on the compliance plate? If it is registered with the number on the plate you might have a case, but it’s registered with the chassis number on the body then probably not.

#6 champagne_metallic

champagne_metallic

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:03 PM

Is it registered with the chassis number or the number on the compliance plate? If it is registered with the number on the plate you might have a case, but it’s registered with the chassis number on the body then probably not.

How do i find that out, rego papers say VIN/Chassis - Not Recorded

But every LC/LJ Ive ever owned said the same

#7 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,536 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:22 PM

Did the dealer give you a copy of the PPSR or have you done your own PPSR on the car?

#8 champagne_metallic

champagne_metallic

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:49 PM

No he didnt give me a copy, but im fairly certain dealers must do one, its the law...I havent done one myself, i tried but it wants 17 digits and the long skinny tag only has 13 digits, what are the 4 other digits i need to add?

#9 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:51 PM

The identity of the car is the chassis number, not the VIN. It is stamped into the body, LCxxxxxA. If it’s registered that has to be on the registration.

#10 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,536 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 09:08 PM

No he didnt give me a copy, but im fairly certain dealers must do one, its the law...I havent done one myself, i tried but it wants 17 digits and the long skinny tag only has 13 digits, what are the 4 other digits i need to add?

What is the chassis number stamped into the left hand wheelhouse panel and what is the chassis number stamped into the compliance plate?

PM me with the numbers if you want to maintain privacy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users