1 reply to this topic

#1 Balfizar

Balfizar

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 December 2021 - 01:23 PM

Had a car of mine on sold (not by me)through an auction house. (a month after I sold it privately)

description  of the car. (By the Auction House)

Options - wrong (missing options).

Inclusions - wrong.

Modifications - not included.

Paper work - not included.

Items that need attention - not included.

Missing items - not included.

If the buyer was not an expert in this vehicle he would not know exactly what he was buying, 

I thought naively that was what the auction house was for, to correctly describe the car. (with expertise in this vehicle)

If the buyer is going to pay $10k as a buyers premium to the auction house what is he getting for the fee?

The seller pays about the same fee.

The question is would the correct description make more money for the seller/auction house and the buyer happier with what he bought?

If you don't physically inspect (on a hoist) the car and have the knowledge or an expert (a real one) with you then you are gambling, and in this case with $140k.  

If I can trace the new owner I have a lot of paperwork/receipts/knowledge on this car (10 years of ownership and work on the car)Attached File  SMSP 16_4_2015 008 A.jpg   152.72K   6 downloads

Edited by Balfizar, 28 December 2021 - 01:25 PM.

#2 skap

skap

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Name:Skap
  • Car:Mighty VN

Posted 28 December 2021 - 03:16 PM

Auction houses care little for the details, other than the percentage they receive.  They have zero expertise in any vehicles, basically trumped up used car salesman, thanks to some clever advertising and marketing campaigns. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users