IanC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Name:Ian
  • Car:LJ XU-1

Posted 09 June 2022 - 10:58 AM

Yes mate. Big hammer and dolly. Got it close enough for me. Metal moved pretty easy really.

#27 madtoranajzedded

madtoranajzedded

Sir ask alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Name:Maz
  • Car:72 LJ SL SEDAN.

Posted 15 June 2022 - 05:40 PM

Hi Ian..a little off topic but could you show me a pic of your lower control arms side on.and from above looking directly down at them. i had a little go trying to straighten them.block,of wood and hammer lol..they are better than what they were but to me if i keep going i think they will tear from the sides or pull in from where the strengthening plate is welded at the .i cant show a pic as i sent the kframe to blasters yesterday.when i pick them up they are going to the fabricator and he going to weld the plates on..im showing him the diagram Dave gave me but some real pics of yours done i can show him would b handy.wont b picking them up for a week or so though..

Cheers maz

#28 IanC

IanC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 07:08 PM

Hope this helps. https://photos.app.g...7x9mqbnA2cDRFD9 I had the left one to go off. You should be fine. The main thing is to get the same angle with the gusset plate. Which shouldn't be too hard. There is a farely wide base on the standard one. I straightened mine under a press. They moved farely easily. All the best mate.

#29 IanC

IanC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 08:41 PM

There is this as well. https://photos.app.g...zsEAvD3a3aVA8f6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users