[SA] Murray Bridge Autofest 2007

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:47 PM

Press Release
The Murray City of Murray Bridge Mayor, Allan Arbon, was excited to announce today that the organisers of the SpringNat Car Show have selected Murray Bridge as their venue of choice to hold their summer event at Sturt Reserve during the Australia Day 2007 long weekend to be known as the Murray Bridge Auto Fest.
Murray Bridge, Tuesday 12th September 2006: The promoters have a very successful format which attracts over 50,000 people to a similar event held in Shepparton, Victoria, with another successful event at Albury Wodonga.
In preliminary talks, it was stressed to Mayor Arbon that the SpringNat event is �alcohol free� and the target audience is families. Close co-operation with the local Victorian Police has ensured that the Shepparton event attracts a well-behaved crowd. The award-winning Sturt Reserve offers an ideal location with its unique, ready-made track and show area. The external fencing and other infrastructure requirements have already been purchased by Council to stage the annual Australian International Pedal Prix event.
Mayor Arbon briefed Council at last night�s Council meeting held at the Monarto War Memorial Hall regarding the plan. Council staff, along with Elected Members, will now undertake a comprehensive review of the proposed Murray Bridge Auto Fest prior to committing to a long term agreement. However, preliminary discussions with the Mayor of Shepparton, Cr Jenny Houlihan, and the local Shepparton Police have indicated that the local community has nothing but praise for the way the event is conducted. Indicative reports show that the economic benefit wielded by the SpringNat Car Show to Shepparton is in the realm of $14 million.
To the uninitiated, the event is a display of high performance cars as well as controlled burn outs and demonstrations of horsepower. Visit Spring Car Nationals for a taste of what is to come!

Photo opportunity: Friday 15th September, 2006, meet organiser Les Adams at the Civic Reception for the Australian International Pedal Prix from 4.30 pm at Sturt Reserve, Murray Bridge.

#2 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:39 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

#3 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:49 PM

B)

Fond memories if pedal prix during highschool

#4 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:50 PM

Les, are you going to be there any other days of the AIPP? I am heading over with some teams from Bendigo, but I wont be there till satdy

#5 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:58 PM

i will be in in murray bridge only on friday and in adelaide on saturday and sunday for talks with sponsors
regards les

#6 makka

makka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:15 PM

fair enough then, have a good one

#7 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:21 PM

Sorry makka maybe next time but ha if you or anyone want to know anything about whats planned ask and i will do my best to give you the anwsers
Regards les

#8 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:01 PM

Great venue as well,cruise circut,on the water edge of the mighty murray,go to whoa and burnout erea,grassed erea for show n shine,hugh kids playground,2 resturants plus plus plus

#9 makka

makka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:41 PM

it is a very good spot there, I was walking around envisioning what would go where.
and I am stoked that we won! Bendigo teams won outright and every division!

#10 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

What events do you want to see at Murray Bridge

#11 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:32 PM

id like to see an event where the police arent waiting up the road to defect any body that looks likely to enter such event, sorry les its sounds great but i dont trust coppers when it comes to an event aimed at hotted up car enthusiasts

#12 barny_lx

barny_lx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:07 PM

cant wait, this is gonan be awesome! i work just down the road from sturts :)

#13 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:08 PM

we agree and are having talks with all police involved to be pro active towards entrants and visitors to murray bridge

#14 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:04 AM

Well done Les, outstanding work.

It's people like you that raise the profile of the street machine enthusiasts. Put in the hard work and invest lots of personal time for others to enjoy.

The cops have a job to do. If you are a fu** head and drive like a moron spoiling the day for others you deserve to have your car shoved up you arse.

If the cops spot a real issue with a car belonging to a responsible entrant then a warning would be appreciated instead of a trip to the pits. (canary)

As car enthusiasts we have an opportunity here to do ourselves a favour and make the best of this.

Cheers

#15 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:17 PM

Thanks and your comments are what we all should strive for,show the public and authorities we are a sport /hobby the are well behaved and not all hoons

Edited by lesadams, 20 September 2006 - 12:19 PM.

#16 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:18 PM

baron whilst what you are saying is true, as anyone that has had to work with the law will testify, the law and common sense dont work hand in hand

#17 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:34 PM

Point taken.

Les has been involving the police from the start so it may start off with good will, but it will only take one DH to set them off with the canary book.

Especially a rookie with a need to prove himself.

I found it easier to talk to an old hand than a kid with a gun on his hip and a need to prove him/her self.

Unfortunately the old hands are rare on the street these days.

cheers

#18 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:37 PM

should still be a good show none the less, at least hes taking note from chic henrys major mistake, im pretty keen to go have a look

#19 _Feigz_

_Feigz_
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:57 PM

Looking forward to having a look around at this event next year. :spoton:

#20 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:12 AM

I cant wait, I especially want the Show & Shine so I can show off Rubys new clothes :rockon:

Feigz we will have to catch up on a cruise when u come back 2 adel :spoton:

#21 _Feigz_

_Feigz_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:26 PM

Kaz,

Will be more than happy to attend a cruise :spoton:

#22 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:55 PM

Talking about cruises we are working with smasa who are putting together a Supercruise taking place on Australia Day from Adelaide to Murray Bridge,how good will that be!

#23 TORLX8

TORLX8

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Name:Campbell

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:08 PM

AWESOME!!! :spoton:

Love your work Les. :spoton:

#24 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:09 PM

FINALLY its OFFICIAL (Y) Murray Bridge Autofest has been given the GREEN Light at last nights Council meeting it was voted to give 100% Suport for the new event (Y)
Sturt Reserve will be a fantastic venue with plenty of grassed areas, huge kids playground and sealed roadways for both cruising and driving events The Murray Bridge Autofest is going to be the best thing to hit South OZ EVER.So if its Horsepower you crave or for that matter anything to do with Street Machines, Fast 4s, HiTeck ,Rotary ,Blown or Turboed, Restored, Authentic,Street Rods or Kustoms the Murray Bridge Autofest will have something for YOU.Also on display will be Trade Displays from most of the Automotive industry and DB Drag Racing will also feature.The reason this has taken a while to announce is that we have been working on a Multi Year deal with Council and not just a ONE off (Y) and now this is in place people will be able to plan their holidays etc around the event.

ENTRY FORMS will be ready by the time you read this and will be posted at
www.springnationals.com Wonder who will have entry number 1
So if you want to part of South Australian history get your entry in and prepare yourself and your ride for best thing that has ever happened in your backyard.
We know this is a BIG Statement but we plan to DELIVER.

Regards Les Adams

#25 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:37 PM

les u r constantly teasin me, when i finally get to meet u i am gunna slap u :tease:

your link above goes to 'The future site for springnationals.com is coming soon.' blah to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users