Track day???????

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 _Rally hatch_

_Rally hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:30 AM

Just woundering how many Sydney/ACT guys might be interested in having some type of track day, either at Wakefield, Eastern Creek or Oran pk?
Nothing definate as yet just an idea I had?????

#2 _BCR42Y_

_BCR42Y_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:56 AM

I would be interested :D

#3 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:35 AM

I am taking L8 out for some exercise on Wednesday 24th Jan at Wakefield Park.

#4 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:16 AM

was thinking of something like that would be a great day out. Should get something going i reckon.

#5 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:44 AM

Wakefield is possibly the cheapest and safest option - plenty of run-off area and no real high speed corners.

#6 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

No Speed Limit Track Days at Wakefield are awesome. If it was a weekend, I'd be up for it (provided you dont mind me running the VH), or if it's toranas only, i'd come to watch :-)

#7 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:02 PM

From what I have heard weekends are bad at Wakefield, way too many ricers running off the circuit with monotonous regularity.

#8 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:40 PM

I am taking L8 out for some exercise on Wednesday 24th Jan at Wakefield Park.

Would love to be there, but two days after I start my new job, so no leave up my sleeve. :(

From what I have heard weekends are bad at Wakefield, way too many ricers running off the circuit with monotonous regularity.

Gawd, ain't that the truth. We got enough of them last time. They should be running rings around our old girls, but they have problems telling the difference between the tarmac and the dirt. As it was, we were running rings around their fully sick beasts.

I'm with Litre-8, Wakefield is very technical, but can't really get yourself into any real trouble, so long as you are reasonably sensible of course. I do like Oran Park as well though.

EDIT: Damn it, Phil didn't put up the lap from last time at Wakefield on YouTube. I think you can find it on Litre-8's site.

EDIT2: Find video (5MB) on here:- Litre-8's Webpage

Edited by Yella SLuR, 02 January 2007 - 11:47 PM.

#9 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:54 PM

Just watched that vid again. As you can see, cubes make a big difference on the straight. That was just our warm up lap, and in the days of my bent back axle, which made the kink at 150ish km/h very interesting. Would love to give it a crack now, car sits so much nicer at high speed.

Mmmmmm..... Damn it, won't even have any sick days!!!! Life sucks sometimes.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 02 January 2007 - 11:54 PM.

#10 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:57 PM

Howard,

CAMS dude from Sydney at the Hillclimb was saying that the new owners bought the track as well as the management of Wakefield. He reckons that will mean higher prices and move it beyond the reach of Club/Track Days. Can you sus out what is happening while you are there, and what Gary Wilmington (Dude telling Volvo to get out of the way in his Toyota Corona on Bathurst vids) is planning to do with himself?

Cheers.

#11 _Rally hatch_

_Rally hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:27 AM

[quote name='RpM' date='Jan 2 2007, 12:22 PM'] No Speed Limit Track Days at Wakefield are awesome. If it was a weekend, I'd be up for it (provided you dont mind me running the VH), or if it's toranas only, i'd come to watch :-) [/quote]
[QUOTE]
I don't mind if you run you VH, but if you do you have to do a lap in the nude... :rockon:

I'll look in to all the different options that are available...... If need be I might even be able to tack it onto one of my clubs events.....

How many people have cams lics????? and what level?

I can organise lic's for those that don't have.

#12 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:00 AM

My mate went with the Sydney Datsun Club/Datnet Forums & said its was awesome, mid week is best if you want as much time as possible out there i believe.

Dont you get a day licence or something like that when you go???

Either way i am keen, maybe see what dates are available for this year and then we should be able to work out an exact date so we can get as many Torana's & Forum members there as possible.

Cheers,
Mick

#13 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

For Wakefield its a $100 for whole day and $50 for their 12 month licence. I think that's up marginally on the last time I was there but still probably cheap compared to Oran Park or Eastern Ck.

The Wakefield site has all the available days, conditions etc.

#14 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:04 PM

I would like to be there on the 24th, but I will be back at work.

Rally Hatch - I have an CAMS NC Licence. so no probs.

Yep would love to come along to a "Torana" track day.. hopefully the next date will suit me better.

My best time so far at WP is a 1.10.8... can still improve on that time... I am goin faster nearly every time out. My previous best was a 1.12.2.

Edited by LXChev366, 03 January 2007 - 02:14 PM.

#15 _alx ss_

_alx ss_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:48 PM

A track day sounds awsome. I was at wakefeild in December on the Sunday when they had a motorsport expo, and to be honest it wasn't that bad. There a was a variouty of cars including fords, holdens, wrx's ,skylines and even a ferrari 360, i managed to do consistant high 1.11 and had good fun with a few of the other cars.
Easterncreek have open days but charge $250.00 for the day and any guests have to pay $15 admission. Ihave a L2s cams licence Which is easy to get , and go to the practice days and pay $120 for the day which is a better option for people wanting to do track days. I have to admit that Wakefeild is much more enjoyable for a day out. Firstly the people are much more friendly and easy going, The food is 10 times better, and you can jump into other cars even though it is for training purposes, but like i said they are easy going and don't mind. so count me in. :D

#16 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:15 PM

Don't 4get guys the powercruise is on in Sydney
on the 2-4th of March 2007

cheers Keith

#17 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:45 PM

1.11 in a road car?

Limped around in a damaged car in 1:28.9310 in the Dutton's Rally, 1:25.8060 in a race prepped Daewoo (NFI what I was doing), 1:24.9630 with the Porche Club. In the video, Howard and I did a 1:35 or so on our warm up, might have been lucky to just sneak under 1:20 with everything warm. There was another day in a Suzuki Swift Race Car (they is real nice to drive on a track) but I don't have times for that.

Having said that, Ole Yella gets driven fairly fast but conservatively on the track, but it stays on the track, unlike the fully sick boys.

Cams PC license, although never used in anger, downgrading to an S2 next year, and do an OLT at the event if and when I get to that stage.

Wakefield has special Wakefield licenses, just sign your life and first born away, and your in.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 03 January 2007 - 09:49 PM.

#18 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:50 PM

^^ Meh.

#19 _Rally hatch_

_Rally hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:33 AM

Also here is some more food for thought..........
If you want to have a some quality FUN and a fix of motor sport.... Keep the Easter long week end clear.
My Club hires out Colo park which is a off road racing facility.(45 mins past Windor, up the Putty rd). And we take up our cars and race them all weekend. There is a a good mixture of tight twisty stuff as well as fast flowing suff on the Saturday. And on the Sunday we move onto the Dirt circuit and just go nuts to see who can get the fastest lap........
All you need is:
: a sh*t box out of the trading post/ebay
:a fire extinguisher
:Second return spring on the carby/throtle body
:Secondary retraint on the bonnet (bonnet pins, nut&bolt)
: a helmet
: and long sleves and pants

This weekend is some serious FUN!!!!!
It is the most antisipated event of the year buy our members (and most of them are serious racers/ralliers for the rest of the year)

The cost of enrty is usually around the $120-130 mark for the whole week end, but we have not set a pricw for this years event yet.

#20 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:30 AM

Hey rally hatch... check me out back @ 1985 in my first colo metting..

http://www.ozdat.com...ers/PeterS.html

about the 4th photo down page... I still have the red/white/blue 69 Rally car too. I aggree, colo is a great place.. mind you I havent been there for nearly 18 years... That place brings back memery's...back in my Datsun Driver Club days

#21 _Rally hatch_

_Rally hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:03 PM

[quote name='LXChev366' date='Jan 5 2007, 09:30 AM'] Hey rally hatch... check me out back @ 1985 in my first colo metting..

http://www.ozdat.com...ers/PeterS.html

about the 4th photo down page... I still have the red/white/blue 69 Rally car too. I aggree, colo is a great place.. mind you I havent been there for nearly 18 years... That place brings back memery's...back in my Datsun Driver Club days [/quote]
[QUOTE]
So does that mean you're coming??? :spoton:

Think back to your datsun club days.... do you know/remember a guy buy the name of Luke Anderson?????

#22 _Rally hatch_

_Rally hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:37 PM

This is a short video from our last Colo event..........

http://s130.photobuc...rrent=colo2.flv

Lots o fun..... :rockon:

#23 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:13 AM

So does that mean you're coming??? 

Think back to your datsun club days.... do you know/remember a guy buy the name of Luke Anderson?????

No.

and no I dont.

I was at colo @ 85 - 88.

#24 _Chamois hatch_

_Chamois hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:47 AM

fun day sounds good, would love to give the torrie a good belt! however.

1. i have no CAMS license
2. im on my green P's

where do i go from here?

cheers

#25 _Rally hatch_

_Rally hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:25 PM

First you join a CAMS affiliated club. The Club I'm involved with's membership is $45 a year.
And a Level 2S cams lic will set you back about $90 for the year( don't quote me on that price but it wont be to far off it)

If you want to PM me and i"ll point you in the right direction or send you some forms... up to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users