52 replies to this topic

#1 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:57 PM

After much talk and rumour, it would appear IPRA NSW have been invited to race in a historic meeting at Mt Panorama in march 2008. Its part of a 3 race deal, the first one at Oran Park next month, then off to Wakefield Park in October and then Bathust in march.

At this point it would appear that the NSW club members will get first preference to enter, with second pref going to people who run at both or one of the other 2 rounds, then interstaters like me and whoever else they want to invite.

I had plans to race at Phillip Island in September, but with this news I think I'll be changing my plans... !! After a bit of a chat with a spokesperson from IPRA NSW, if I enter the Wakefield Park race meeting, I'd have a pretty good chance of getting invited to the bathurst race.. man if there is even half a chance I'm gonna give it a go :D

Pete (lxchev366), give Alan Bucton a call for more info, and Greg (82911) how good would it be to give the commodore a blast around there?

Was having a real crap day, but hearing this news has really put a smile on my dial! I still cant imagine what an awesome feeling it will be coming out of pit lane for my first run up mountain straight :spoton:

#2 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:16 PM

What are the loose requirements for a Torrie in IPRA?

Welby

#3 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:04 PM

This should help you...

Improved Production Regs

I reckon your car wouldnt be far away, although you will have to run on the control tyre 225/50/16 Yoko A048R and the roll cage has to comply to schedule J which you can find more about here

#4 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:32 AM

Hi Sam,
by the way us guys that use AO32R in 225/60/15 can still use them as we have a waiver at the mo, due to the AO48R not being made in that size!

I wont be able to enter the up coming OP round with them, but I should be able to get to the WP outing (which is after all our state rounds).

Yep I will definetly try and get to Bathurst next Easter... I will be talking to Alan Bucton this weekend about it. This is a dream of mine to. I have already done the Conrod Straight Sprint and Forrset Elbow HillClimb (in my Old 6 Cyl VC Comm)... so I have half an idea. Driving down Conrod was good, but to do the whole track.. lookout I'm there!! :spoton:

Sam if you do get to come along to the WP event, let me know and I will look after you and help you as much as I can.

We can do the PI and Sandown events some other time!!

You can also look here for regs also...look for the sticky at the top. The Forum is also where the whole of IPRA come to discuss things (Nation wide).

http://www.techmaste...ewforum.php?f=2

Edited by LXChev366, 14 June 2007 - 09:36 AM.

#5 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:39 PM

Sam if you do get to come along to the WP event, let me know and I will look after you and help you as much as I can.

Hey Pete,

Thanks heaps, any help I can get will be much appreciated!

WP looks like a similar layout to Mallala (speed wise) so shouldnt have to change the car too much. Prob will be spending more time sorting out the tow car and trailer for the journey... Glad I've got a bit of time to get it sorted!

#6 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:11 PM

More info below.... the best part is this could be a 5 year deal and importantly, No P platers allowed to race at Bathurst, only NC and above licence holders...

http://www.ipransw.com.au/fosc.htm

#7 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:47 PM

Sounds bloody good guys, give it a go what have you got to lose. oh yeah Sam you def have to mount an in-car camera. :D

#8 _yellowa9xs_

_yellowa9xs_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

Can I come and play?

#9 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:07 PM

Can I come and play?

Would be great to see your car at this meeting... Its a shame the Group C&A boys arnt going to be there as I understand its being billed as a historic meeting...

Aside from the wheels/tyres, I wonder what else you would have to change to make a group c torana eligible to run in IPRA... I cant think there would be much else... I spose the different wheels tyre combo would upset the suspension setup and require different springs etc....

maybe Greg might know?

Edited by 350LH, 10 July 2007 - 08:09 PM.

#10 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:54 AM

Lucky mongrels!
R

#11 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

Well its official, they have accepted my entry for this meeting!!! WoOooooot :rockon:

Been flat out working on the suspension to hopefully get it handling a bit better, now the rush is on to get it back together....

Bring on Easter 08! :spoton:

#12 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:44 AM

Are you getting a garage Sam, or in the paddock ?

#13 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:17 AM

Hi Rod,

I've applied for a garage (both paddock and garage are the same price), but at this stage who goes where has not been finalised as yet, to be honest I'm not that worried, just glad to be going!

#14 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:59 AM

Well done, congrats on getting in. I bet it was a Torana on the mountain thing that got you across the line. :D
Now how do I get myself there to watch? :driving:

#15 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:17 PM

We are just going in the paddock, I thought it was an extra 250 to share a garage, and just 50 to camp, hope it doesnt rain. A few of us in Qld are going out to Morgan Pk on 24 Feb for some practice and tuning, best to be prepared.

#16 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:39 PM

Good luck with it fellas. If they are after officials, feel free to dob me in, even though Easter is awkward.

#17 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

Good luck with it fellas.  If they are after officials, feel free to dob me in, even though Easter is awkward.

Cheers Pat, pm sent.

The organisers are looking for officials for this event, so if you would like to be involved, send me a pm and I'll put you in touch with the right person. You dont need to have any prior experience they will train you when you get there.

Rod, I'm still a bit unclear on the availability of the garages, I guess we wont know what is goin on until they send out the paperwork...

cheers,

Sam

Edited by 350LH, 16 January 2008 - 06:29 PM.

#18 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:40 PM

No worries, I've emailed them. I'm a registered CAMS Official, so might get one of the more interesting jobs then (Oooo, ahhh, Glen McGrath).

We'll see what happens.

#19 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:17 AM

Sam, could be good time to have a wag about this replica class, Im sure there will be a few people interested at bathurst when they see our cars.

#20 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:38 AM

Sam, could be good time to have a wag about this replica class, Im sure there will be a few people interested at bathurst when they see our cars.

Most definately mate, looking forward to catching up with ya!

#21 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:26 AM

Hey Guys,
I got accepted as well, so I will see a there. :spoton: :spoton: :rockon:

Hey Sam, when I asked for a garage space I asked to be put with other Torana's so hopefully we get the same garage?? If not we can ask to be put together. ?

Pete

#22 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:44 PM

Hey Pete,

Thats great news! Yep, would be great to be able to share a garage with you! I understand it will be a couple of weeks before the paperwork comes out, hopefully we can sort it out then...

cheers,

Sam

#23 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:47 PM

OK, I'm confirmed as a flag marshall. I've also offered to do their Oran Park and Wakefield event as well.

Might have to radio through to race control at the end of the day for one of you guys to come pick me up.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 19 January 2008 - 05:51 PM.

#24 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

Nice one Pat, I'm sure you skills will be much appreciated by all :spoton:

Might have to install the passenger seat.....

#25 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:07 PM

^ better than sitting around the place doing nothing. I actually get a lot out of it, watching the different lines different drivers take relative to their lap times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users