Toranafest 08 what a day!!

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#1 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

Mustve been 230+ cars easy, lots of sun and shine.. great people and some great pics.

Was great to meet Bev Brock and get some pics of her and myself with my UC.

FANTASTIC!!

#2 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:20 PM

It was gr8!!! just wish i had more time to look...I had to get back to work.

I noted that 0.43% of all entrants were G Paks.... In consultation with Tuff a plan was hatched to rectify that.

Chris (OrangeLJ) i didn't see you but your car looked great...glad you made it.

I saw a heap of QLD and Northern NSW Torrys yesterday on the road....and apologies to the driver of the LJ Brock replica for involving you in our convoy....I cringed when the blinker went on the truck in front.

#3 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:23 PM

It was a good turn out. I left just after 11 but there were some awesome cars there. Yeah i watched Bev Brock looking at the Replica Race cars with a big smile on her face which was good to see. I think the Torana Fan Club is alive and well.. Oh and i have a little video from the trip up with TINY ToranaJudd and afew of the other boys which i will TRY and upload tonight.

Cheers

Josh

#4 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:01 PM

I saw a heap of QLD and Northern NSW Torrys yesterday on the road....and apologies to the driver of the LJ Brock replica for involving you in our convoy....I cringed when the blinker went on the truck in front.
[/quote]

That would have been tuffgong John now Bathurst32D

#5 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

Was an awesome day alright.
But only one Hb there this year.

Some awesome cars out there.

#6 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

GREAT DAY, Well done to the Newcastle crew again, top job. I however am completely stuffed and ready to hit the sack.

#7 ToranaJudd

ToranaJudd

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

Same here RED!

Sooo tired! Its a long ass drive up there!

Thanks for the company on the way home Tiny & Keith :)

#8 _XU1-043_

_XU1-043_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:43 PM

It was a good turn out. I left just after 11 but there were some awesome cars there. Yeah i watched Bev Brock looking at the Replica Race cars with a big smile on her face which was good to see. I think the Torana Fan Club is alive and well.. Oh and i have a little video from the trip up with TINY ToranaJudd and afew of the other boys which i will TRY and upload tonight.Cheers

Josh

can't wait to see that, that was me in the black SS commodore cruising with you guys.

i had a top day, my god i have never seen so many torana's in my life. mine will be there next year...................promise. it was good to meet a couple of people too.

Craig

#9 ToranaJudd

ToranaJudd

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

Craig, where are you going? Newcastle is not that way! I am now in front and have no idea where I am going !!! LOL

#10 _ezy_09s_

_ezy_09s_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:17 PM

Was quite a good day..although i did expect to see more very high quality restored torana's.
The majority seemed to be daily driver quality with a only a few to the exception.
I think the nicest restored lc/lj torana was the strike me pink xu1 from qld.

#11 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:19 PM

he is a forum member from here ... Dave i think he is xu1dave or something

#12 _booral1_

_booral1_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:41 PM

Was quite a good day..although i did expect to see more very high quality restored torana's.
The majority seemed to be daily driver quality with a only a few to the exception.
I think the nicest restored lc/lj torana was the strike me pink xu1 from qld.

Yep I agree, that strike me pink was smick. :clap:

#13 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:41 PM

Great day! :spoton:

Plenty of sun, surf and sex.... and a few nice torana's as well (about 237) :clap:

Congratulations to Mick and all the guys from the Hunter Valley Torana Club, it was bigger and better than ever, you can be very proud of the event.

Great to catch up with alot of forum members and have a chat.

Looking forward to toranafest 2009 already,

Mick.

#14 unclefestal34s

unclefestal34s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:47 PM

just got back from the torana fest less one my red L34s which lost one of its in coils in gosford,luckily i had my other yellow L34 finally got to the fest just after 2.00pm...JUST WANT TO THANK THE PEOPLE WHO PULLED OVER IN THE MORNING TO ASSIST ME...you know who you are..a very special thank you..

#15 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:04 PM

Great day in every aspect: organisation, location, cars and weather.

#16 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

Great day in every aspect: organisation, location, cars and weather.

x 2 :spoton:

Well done fella's, very smoothly run. Congrats, all the effort produced the perfect event.

#17 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

Heres some pics, I'm so proud of my son who's only 6, this is his 3rd TFEST and he was the photographer today, so here ya go...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A really great family day.. Cheers!!

#18 ido09s

ido09s

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Name:Brad

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:45 PM

Being my first Toranafest i have been to i must say i was a little disapointed. Alot of the cars seemed to be of average condition and i was expecting alot more modified and perfect examples to be in attendance. I am guessing the event is more a day out with the cars than a car show only. And parking was absolutely terrible as a spectator. Unfortunately a nice day means lots of locals to contend with which comes with an area like that.

Other than that, great to see so many Torana's in the one spot. Awesome to see SLR8000 is still alive and kicking. With some luck i may just have my LC up and running the way i want it to be next year ;)

#19 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:54 PM

Toranafest is much more than a car show, it's a chance for car lovers to get together and raise some serious bucks for a great cause on a social level.

No it's not the F1GP, but it does more good for kids australia wide than the bigger car shows probably ever have!

Fantastic job by all the HVTC guys, Mick, gary , shaun, pete and chris especially.. Congratulations on a fantastic event.

Everyone I spoke to was enthusiastic and thrilled to be part of it, just as I was.!! I cant wait for next year. woo hoo!! :clap:

#20 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

^ With 200+ Toranas present it a fair bet that many will be daily drivers. I think you could have easily picked out at least 30-40 Toranas there that would fit into, say, SummerNats top 100 . Imho there were some great cars there and only a couple that were in the 'needs more work' category.

#21 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:11 PM

Litre8, I was thrilled to see your car today as Ive missed it the last few years, and I couldnt agree more that the were lots of daily drivers, the calibre of those dailys was quite high and I dont think I could see any car today that didnt deserve to be there.

I think that's the heartbeat of the torana community as such. There were less summernat cars and more enthusiasts, the general feeling from the crowd and owners that I had, was one of greater acceptance of the cars, and a friendlier exchange between spectator and owner because of that.

In those regards I reckon it was a much better grab than the last two years. as I said FANTASTIC!!! :clap:

#22 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

It was great to back there this year after being o/s in 2006 and the aborted trip last year. Another great part of the w/e was staying Saturday at the same motel as many Qld and Vic entrants. Catching up with my old mates at the VTC was a very good part of the w/e!

#23 _Becs74LH_

_Becs74LH_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

Alot of the cars seemed to be of average condition and i was expecting alot more modified and perfect examples to be in attendance.

I think this a little unfair thing to say as on the advertisement it reads "All Toranas Welcome". My Torana is a daily with most of its parts being the original ones it had when it rolled out of the factory in 1974. As I am sure alot of the "average condition" cars you refer to were and I believe that the best part of Toranafest is seeing these beautiful old beasts in their very original condition. Some of my favourite cars of the day were the 'un molested' examples. :D

It was a fantastic day and even though I am very sun burnt I had a great time seeing so many Toranas in the one place. As soon as I upload my photos from the day I will be sure to post them for everyone to see who wasnt able to make it. HVTC did a fantastic job and I thought the day ran smoothly and was the best car show I have been to. :)

#24 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

BINGO!!

#25 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:04 PM

<SNIP>

Toranafest is a Festival of Toranas. So long as it is a Torana then it has it's place, I think that is what makes Toranafest so popular.

Interesting comment on the Muscle Car Masters show on tele on the Saturday, when one of the drivers said "It looked better than it ever did when I raced it!!!!"

Edited by Yella SLuR, 21 September 2008 - 10:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users