POWERCRUISE

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 _lctorrie_

_lctorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:23 PM

Did any check out the power cruise this weekend at eastern creek. there were some beautiful cars on show. I went on saturday and i tell you what this is the best one yet, festivals like this inspire you when building up your car and i was thinking of slotting a nissan engine into my LC for a while until i remembered how snappy v8's are in them little torries. It was great to see the powerskid record get flogged by a big $$$ , big HP skyline only for a LH torana (ALX-308) kick its butt( mate if your a member on this site i hand it to you because that was some awesome driving). :clap:

#2 _QIKSLR_

_QIKSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:54 PM

I aggree, ALX304 is my hero, that was the coolest thing I've ever seen :rockon: take that blown big block camero and skyline

#3 barny_lx

barny_lx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:05 PM

did the powerecruise organiser have that wild HQ going?

#4 _QIKSLR_

_QIKSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:47 AM

did the powerecruise organiser have that wild HQ going?

I saw it come out on saturday and it got about 50 meters and ended up on a tilt tray <_<

Aparently ALX304 took out the powerskid comp on sunday as well. On sat they claimed that he cheated (used too much brakes) and everyone in the crowd was really pissed off. They said it didn't count on sat, but he'd get another chance to win on sunday and aparently he did.

That powerskid that I saw on Sat will stay with me forever. I was sitting at the 1/4 mile mark and watched him pass us at about 180km/h on oposite lock and continue on for another 80 - 100 meters :clap:

#5 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:57 AM

Hi to all
Yes i was there this & my stock L31 was no match for any of these
cars but there is always next time.
cheers
Keith

#6 _QIKSLR_

_QIKSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:35 AM

Hi to all
          Yes i was there this & my stock L31 was no match for any of these
cars but there is always next time.
cheers
          Keith

what colour was it mate?

BTW Dirty Deeds from the forums was down there in his barbados green L34 "PROL34". I caught up with him in the pits.

Edited by QIKSLR, 06 March 2006 - 10:38 AM.

#7 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:05 PM

it is white/black L31 SL/R5000
cheers Keith

#8 _QIKSLR_

_QIKSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:11 PM

it is white/black L31 SL/R5000
cheers Keith

Nice one :) I remember the car. If I see it at another car event I'll come say hi.

#9 _chief_

_chief_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:43 PM

I was there on Saturday. Without doubt ILX 304 did the best powerskid, beat Peter Gray by at least 100m. I reckon that its abit rigged it didn't look to me like he used any brake. The big, sponsored guys seam to get all the credit.
At powercruise 4 ILX304 should have won the powerskids, but Paul Cannuli won in his blown 454 LH (crossroads motorsport). I have no idea how, he made no where near as much smoke or distance and had no where near the crowd reaction as ILX304? Just watch the powercruise 4 video and judge for yourself.

It was a lucky save by Phil in the GASSED HB torana, it got away from him in the powerskids at about 150kph and went up on two wheels, before coming down and sliding sideways across the grass and just hitting the wall enough to crease the front guard, bumper and grill. It could have been alot worse.

Back to ILX304, the car runs 11.4et aspirated and 10.1et on the gas. I'd like to know how much gas he is throwing into the car, and how much he uses per powerskid.
Its got a tough motor, but I tell you what the cars body is rough up close.

But there seams to be two kinds of cars for us middle class people, you either have a car that has a tough engine/driveline and an average body/paint, or you have awesome body/paint and average driveline. You know what I mean.
It is so hard to find the money to have and keep everything perfect on your car, with the price of house's, petrol and beer, etc. We do our best anyway!!!

#10 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:10 PM

maybe next time if i fix the torrie i think it needs valve guides or a drive line transplant
cheers
Keith

#11 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:40 PM

I went on Sunday for a look only. Slid past the DiMatta pits but didn't see you Keithy.

Back to ILX304, the car runs 11.4et aspirated and 10.1et on the gas. I'd like to know how much gas he is throwing into the car, and how much he uses per powerskid.
Its got a tough motor, but I tell you what the cars body is rough up close.

ROUGH !!!!!!!! I didn't have too close a look because my tetenus shots are overdue. A mate was checking out the tub/chassis work and was knocked unconscious by falling bog ! If the hatch was open and someone kicked a tyre the back half of the car would fall off ! Can't say it isn't tough though, and the driver can steer alright. Another good advert for N2O

Seeing Peter Gray doing a lap of the circuit was nothing short of amazing. The 5.0MAN VN C/dore is also a real drift king.

I expected to see more high profile cars there but I guess they had better things to do....

Was also a bit disappointed with the green HQ (turbo BBC). Never saw it anywhere near the dyno (it was advertised as going to push 2000hp at the treads), but it did drive down the main straight once.

there seams to be two kinds of cars for us middle class people, you either have a car that has a tough engine/driveline and an average body/paint, or you have awesome body/paint and average driveline. You know what I mean.

Unfortunately if you have a quick car, you have to maintain it, and with that comes some carnage occasionally. I guess its all where your priorities lie.

#12 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 07:56 PM

Hey Struggler
What time did you come throughmate?????????
cheers Keith

#13 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:10 PM

AM, 'bout 10.30.

#14 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

Hey mate
What time did ya come through?
cheers Keith

#15 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:27 PM

at 10.30am i was on top of the pits watching the green Qeyyyyyyy doing laps
and then made a fool of myself doing off street drag racing.
cheers keith

#16 barny_lx

barny_lx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:40 PM

yeah ALX304 is amazing in the dvds, lights up the tyres so easily...

So its pretty average up close hey?

#17 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:54 PM

personaly i don't give a damb waht a car looks like if it performs. my torry is going downhill sadly, and will keep going that way untill i have her running reasonalbye times (13's will make me happy) then i'll repaint her.....

#18 _QIKSLR_

_QIKSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:12 PM

Oh yeh, its rough as gutss but thats what makes it so cool. I love the thing because he competes in everything and its a great all round car. This is why I've decided to go with a backyard spray job on my torry. I still hope for a reasonable job, but I'm more interested in getting it out there and giving it hell and with that comes the occassional bit of damage. Holey crap I didn't know it was that quick!!!

I reckon he's using a 'NOS Timer'. I never found it parked anywhere otherwise I wouldn've spoke to the owner.

GASSED was always an accident waiting to happen... With stockers on, his rear track is litterally 2ft. High speed sideways action and narrow track don't mix, thats why most of the tubbed cars have such a hard time in the drifting and powerskids.

#19 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:54 PM

I saw some photos of the said ALX304 and the smoke was definately cumulous nimbus. I too reckon its about how a car performs more than its looks. For me, all my car is designed to be is neat and tidy but go hard. If you get up close you can see the odd ding or chip of paint coming off, and if I was to lift the bonnet anyone can tell it hasn't been detailed since it left the factory. But hey, I don't drive with the bonnet open, and whos going to see the paint chip when I'm passing them at 100mph :D

Nicely detailed and turned out cars are great, I just prefer to sit in the drivers seat not in a seat beside the white rope.

#20 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:09 PM

So many comments re Supercruise and yet no photo's for those of us who had prior engagements! ie weddings to partake in.
Or did I miss the post that has some pics?

Cheers
Herne

#21 _Bedford_

_Bedford_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2006 - 05:37 PM

The guy with the LX hatch lives about 8 doors down from me. His names Trent, he's a nice bloke, spoke to him a couple of times.
He's good mates with my cousin.
It was funny hearing other people say he should have won last year, because that's what my cousin said a few times too... but I didn't know if he was just talking up his mate ;)

He gives it a hammering. He's not interested in a show car, just a fast/fun car.

However, he just de-registered the car the other day. Don't know if he has any extra plans for it.

#22 _chief_

_chief_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:03 PM

I saw some photos of the said ALX304 and the smoke was definately cumulous nimbus. I too reckon its about how a car performs more than its looks. For me, all my car is designed to be is neat and tidy but go hard. If you get up close you can see the odd ding or chip of paint coming off, and if I was to lift the bonnet anyone can tell it hasn't been detailed since it left the factory. But hey, I don't drive with the bonnet open, and whos going to see the paint chip when I'm passing them at 100mph :D

Nicely detailed and turned out cars are great, I just prefer to sit in the drivers seat not in a seat beside the white rope.

I agree Liam, drive it not hide it. If your car doesn't have a few chips and other damage associated with driving on the road, maybe it should me in a musem!!!
Its impossible to keep your car immaculate if you drive it on a regular basis.

#23 _QIKSLR_

_QIKSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:43 AM

For those who don't know the car;

Posted Image

#24 _lctorrie_

_lctorrie_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:31 PM

did any one see that red lc coupe with a 265 hemi in it,291 rwhp on the dyno and sounded tough as too

#25 _chief_

_chief_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:30 PM

Yeah I saw that red torrie on the dyno, very impressed with the numbers it made from a 265. The old mopars are not short of power thats for sure, I saw a lime green centura down at the nats rattle off over 350hp at the rears from a 265 and if you pulled up next to it at a set of lights you'd probably laugh if he wanted to race you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users