DesirableToranas

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

I reckon that other than a 1969 GTR the only other Torana that I would pine for is an L34......

#2 kerm74

kerm74

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

wouldnt disagree with you there Pantah - two very different but equally beautiful - both fell in the shadow of their 'bigger' brother, thus contributing to the fact that there are very few of these still around, making them very desirable :spoton:

#3 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

I find 'Strike Me Pink' to be a very desirable colour. Has anyone ever seen or know of any Toranas in the colour 'Barney's Shirt' ?

#4 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

One genuine xu1 strike me pink and one gtr,cheers.

#5 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:57 PM

Any Torana you can afford!

Desirability has a habit of putting things out of the reach of the average punter.

#6 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:50 AM

That's the great thing about Toranas, with a bit of TLC and a few tasteful mods even the base models are desirable!

#7 kerm74

kerm74

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

Not a Torana but closely related - HX (I think) Monaro, light blue in colour (maybe opaline) - L34 engine with twin turbos - Leo Prunuea had this car as his driver at the time - some young guy had it a few years back with a view to doing a resto - how good would that be - I think it was in Melbourne - anyone know what has happened to this car??

#8 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

A race hatch or If I REALLY had to choose a GTR then it could ONLY be a Hurricane for me.

#9 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

I think they is all desirable. I like the variability in them all. No matter what form, year model, or shape, they all look ace. Wouldn't it be boring if they were all the same?

#10 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:46 AM

A race hatch or If I REALLY had to choose a GTR then it could ONLY be a Hurricane for me.

That link took me to the gtr-x...which i assume is what you meant.

#11 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:58 AM

One that Brocky drove.

#12 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

The one you own or are contemplating buying.

#13 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:30 PM

Not a Torana but closely related - HX (I think) Monaro, light blue in colour (maybe opaline) - L34 engine with twin turbos - Leo Prunuea had this car as his driver at the time - some young guy had it a few years back with a view to doing a resto - how good would that be - I think it was in Melbourne - anyone know what has happened to this car??

That car was in amc a 4 or5 years ago now with lpg and turbos long gone, i hope theres going to be a update on it.
Chears Neil

#14 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

I find ALL the Torana models desirable but then I am generated by nice hot looking cars more than what tags they wear.

Herne

#15 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

LX Hatch and 40k to spend on it :)

#16 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

Anything from a twin turbo V8 HB 2-door to a mildly 'tinkered' four speed six cylinder UC sedan.

I have no problem with people who think that a genuine 'rare' Torana model has a little something special over a garden variety model, but it does not make sense to me that somebody can find an SL/R to be a desirable car, but claim that a mechanically and visually identical 'mockup' is "not desirable". Maybe I'm reading it wrong but that's the impression I'm getting from a couple of posts here

I love all Toranas, big and small, as long as they don't have coloured lighting underneath, big stupid spoilers or matte black paint :) I think everyone here should be able to appreciate the whole range

#17 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:22 PM

Anything from a twin turbo V8 HB 2-door to a mildly 'tinkered' four speed six cylinder UC sedan.

I have no problem with people who think that a genuine 'rare' Torana model has a little something special over a garden variety model, but it does not make sense to me that somebody can find an SL/R to be a desirable car, but claim that a mechanically and visually identical 'mockup' is "not desirable". Maybe I'm reading it wrong but that's the impression I'm getting from a couple of posts here

I love all Toranas, big and small, as long as they don't have coloured lighting underneath, big stupid spoilers or matte black paint :) I think everyone here should be able to appreciate the whole range

I have to agree i couldnt give a toss if its a genuine a9x or l34 , aslong as it looks the part and has no circus accessories its ok by me and Heath i disagree with the matt black part as i fell in love with my car when the previous owner had it , it was matt black ;) but then again i saw potential .

#18 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:19 AM

haha I've seen too many people try and 'rat rod' cars that should not be 'rat rodded', so I'm very biased against matte black.

#19 _UDLOSE_

_UDLOSE_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

haha I've seen too many people try and 'rat rod' cars that should not be 'rat rodded', so I'm very biased against matte black.

and i wouldn't be seen dead in a kermit green car either.. or a stock SLR5000 with hubcups and 30hp.

#20 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

That link took me to the gtr-x...which i assume is what you meant.

Ur right, would much prefer a hurricane but a GTR-X for a GTR.

#21 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

and i wouldn't be seen dead in a kermit green car either.. or a stock SLR5000 with hubcups and 30hp.

I didn't call you a dickhead. I just said I don't like matte black. Am I not entitled to that opinion? I like shiny paint. I didn't know I was being an arsehole by saying that.

And no, I'm not hugely keen on Kermit Green either; that's why I painted my car in another colour.

#22 _pantah_

_pantah_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

I didn't call you a dickhead. I just said I don't like matte black. Am I not entitled to that opinion? I like shiny paint. I didn't know I was being an arsehole by saying that.

And no, I'm not hugely keen on Kermit Green either; that's why I painted my car in another colour.

Each to their own.......Personally neither colour holds a candle to colours with names like " Barneys shirt" or "Strike me pink".............

#23 _Mop_

_Mop_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

All the torries look good in my oppinnion, but being a sucker for rarity so...XU-1 or A9X would be my preferences. Also think they look the best, XU-1 just..has this look and the A9X is Tuff! (tough i know the spelling!)

#24 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

I like the rat look ,had a rat HK ute once , and often think of trying it on a Torana .
Like most rat cars , it has to have a rat owner , check these out .
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

In answer to the thread , I like all 6 and V8 Toranas , in well kept standard form .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users