How may differences between?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 _SL/R SS A9X_

_SL/R SS A9X_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:55 PM

How many differences are there between a standard torana and a a9x?

Jason

#2 _Fairdinkum_

_Fairdinkum_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:18 PM

The A9X club states in their overview of the A9X,that there are 113 differences between a standard torana and a a9x...........thats a fair few........

#3 _SL/R SS A9X_

_SL/R SS A9X_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:28 PM

Dam!!!, i look there earlier today and saw that

Jason

#4 _Fairdinkum_

_Fairdinkum_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:42 PM

Yeah ,when you think about it,that is a fair few differences,there was another thread on this topic,i think it was on yee old forum..someone else might know........

#5 _SL/R SS A9X_

_SL/R SS A9X_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:58 PM

There are quiet a few
It would be good to see them all.
Hint Hint mods. :D

Jason

#6 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:02 PM

There are quiet a few
It would be good to see them all.
Hint Hint mods. :D

Jason

Yeah l would love to see a full list too, l dont think l could come up with even half of that number :rolleyes:

#7 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:26 PM

is there any reason why the full list is not publicised? I am assuming it's not due to 'secrets' lol but as we are constantly told, - not worth a bean without plates so that discounts the need for secrecy - unless someone can actually make plates that look real and I have yet to hear of them.

Cheers
Herne

#8 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:59 PM

REDA9X could tell you, but then he'd have to kill you.

#9 _high_rpm_

_high_rpm_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:09 PM

is there any reason why the full list is not publicised? I am assuming it's not due to 'secrets' lol but as we are constantly told, - not worth a bean without plates so that discounts the need for secrecy - unless someone can actually make plates that look real and I have yet to hear of them.

Cheers
Herne

but then people who get there hands on tags know how to make a sl look as if its a genuine a9x :) better off staying a secret even if us honest people cant know :(

#10 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:17 PM

Very hard to make an SL look like an A9X! for those in the know there are areas that are very hard to replicate!

#11 _SL/R SS A9X_

_SL/R SS A9X_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:25 PM

REDA9X could tell you, but then he'd have to kill you.

LOL
im to young to die.And i want to know :tease:

Jason

#12 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

Hi Flamenco, yeah thats what I figured so that sortof negates the need for secrecy??

And Yella hahahhaa lol fair comment :)

better add this: For the record I dont want to make mine an exact replica of any model.
Mines a bit unique where it has many mods, more than the naked eye can usually detect. I have always declared mine as a tough 'sunbudgie' lol and when it's finally sold it will be sold as such :)

Cheers
Herne

Edited by Herne, 09 March 2006 - 04:30 PM.

#13 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:32 PM

Perhaps you could come up with 113 against an S model LX but i doubt there would that many up against an SLR5000 or SS 5000. Also agree any closed shop on the modifications carnt be justified given the production lists are readily available so verification isnt as hard as i was say 20 years ago.

Edited by Toranavista, 09 March 2006 - 08:33 PM.

#14 _ultrabluea9x_

_ultrabluea9x_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

the easiest way to find would be to BUY one(nudge nudge wink wink say no more)

#15 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:19 PM

I would like an A9X there is no doubt about that. The fact that there are not too many left is a hell of an attraction. Same can be said for an L34 - even less of them around...And I would treasure one of those equally.

Mostly I would like one that has been raced, those that were raced I value as special, the normal A9X is well lets say a bit ordinary IMHO.

Living on a pension I don't ever expect my dream to come to fruition.

Cheers
Herne

#16 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:26 PM

Yes, best suggestion i have heard Ultra. As far as I am concerned, the only reason someone would won't to know all the differences and want pictures of this and that, floorpans etc is to make a copy, and the last thing I want to see is more fakes, and see people ripped off as they have been. Might sound harsh, but it's a fact. I'm sure anyone with an A9X would agree with me, or any collectable vehicle for that matter considering the prices they are now fetching. As one person mentioned, get tags and make a copy, and I know of a few cars like this, and unfortunately, every time I come across them, they have got a little better. Imagine forking out big bucks only to find out something is a fake. Flame suit on.

#17 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:45 PM

I dont have an A9X and probably never will have and I have no intention of making a replica one, However I would be very interested in knowing what the difference is (besides the obvious) between A9X and other models like my SLR5000.
As for thinking that posting the differences on this site is going to create a epidemic of A9X replicas, WHAT A TOSS. If someone is going to make a replica they are going to need extensive details about the differences not just the differences, and they are going to get them wether it is posted here or not.

So in closing IF SOMEONE on this site knows the answer to this question......
JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION and if you don't know the answer stay tuned we might all learn something

Regards
Duck05 :ph34r:

#18 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:21 AM

Ok, most people know the obvious , so why do you need to know all 113 or so differences? My point is, a piece of information from here and there all adds up. I know most people on this site only want to know for their own info, but it's the dodgy people that concern me. Thanks for the toss comment too by the way, I won't jusify that with a reply. Why don't you ask HG350 if they can post up all the numbers for every XU1 built?

#19 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:41 AM

Hi Duck05 the main difference is that the A9X was an option on your model and the SS5000. Not a separate model as portrayed by many. I fully understand why an owner of an A9X would want to protect the information, but what would this forum achieve if we all had the same desire to protect what information we knew. I might as well log off now. It has been a closed shop for nearly 30 years with the exception of REDA9X. Mick does a great job in providing assistance and is the exception to the club. Making an A9X replica is a waste of time when you can make a Torana much better and get as much pleasure driving for a third of the cost. A replica would always be found out so copying isn�t a valid argument. The tags alone would prove the fake within a few hours on the internet. If you did manage to pull it off you would be in court within a week or so. I will keep pushing my message that all Torana�s should be valued and respected irrespective of model etc, and the Torana community should do all it can to promote and preserve the enjoyment of the Holden Torana.

#20 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:56 AM

I will keep pushing my message that all Torana�s should be valued and respected irrespective of model etc, and the Torana community should do all it can to promote and preserve the enjoyment of the Holden Torana.

Agreed, the more we can keep on the road today will extend the life span of the more coveted models, i.e. A9X's, L34's and XU1's long into the future by garranteeing continued availability of spare parts.

Every Torana is valuable, regardles of model or condition.

At our next meeting we are considering what allowable modifications will be allowed on historic registration in the ACT. It would be good if we could somehow devote our efforts to developing a national standard, possibly through this forum.

Agree if you want to ID an A9X, put them in touch with Michael, he is very helpful. Mind you in most cases it's a case of you can lead a horse to water..... (holes in bonnet episode).

Edited by Yella SLuR, 10 March 2006 - 07:03 AM.

#21 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:58 AM

Thanks Vista, I am quiet happy to go along and check out any car for someone (or arrange someone to do it), help with looking at any photos they would like to supply me or any tag numbers I am however a little dubious about posting certain information over the net so as to protect peoples investments, and lets face it, thats exactly what they are now. I wouldn't say making fakes is a watste of time, I've seen some good ones, and I've seen fakes with genuine tags too, plus I know of a few missing/stolen cars floating around. The money they now command is making fakes a reality.

#22 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:02 AM

Ooops, edited the last para in!

#23 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:04 AM

Oh, the other thing I normally stress, don't throw any Torana bits out, no matter how insignificant, i.e. bolts, bushes, etc. Throw them in a bucket, you never know when you or somebody else will need them.

#24 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 10 March 2006 - 07:55 AM

Red does anyone actually know how many real ones are left... how many have been stolen etc??

#25 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:06 AM

Club records show about 200, around 60 being hatches, but of course, these are just ones we know of. I recovered a stollen one a few years ago for a guy, and I know of a hatch that was knocked off in about 95. I have heard rumours about this car and it's location, and it always concerns me when i see parts come up on ebay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users