Hatchback Wanted to join Bathurst 6 Hour Team

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 _robert_lc_

_robert_lc_
  • Guests

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

Hi all, a friend and I have put a team together for the Bathurst 6 Hour during Easter 2010...at this stage we have 4 Hatchbacks, and can accommodate 2 more (6 is the maximum in a team)

This 6 Hour Relay is run as part of the FOSC event but is run on the Monday 5th & Tuesday 6th of April

It's a regularity event, so you can run at your own pace, but need to have previous multi car event experience...and yes a Cams L2S

Will be a great event...and even greater to see so many Hatches running

http://www.fosc.com....Bathurst 10.htm

Cheers

Robert

#2 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:38 PM

so one car comes in and the other drives out?
Or 6 cars out at once?

Do you have to have a co driver?

#3 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:42 AM

One car at a time...most cars dont have dry brake refueling, so that operation has to happen safely. As far as co drivers go, I bet that you can enter 2 drivers to drive the same car, but not necessary. Its basically tag team driving with cars. The time the car does on the track is open to the team.
My car only has a 50 litre tank so wouldnt last long...and has to many doors. I have already entered the IPRA event on the Fri, Sat and Sun of that weekend.

#4 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:28 AM

Team Torana! Sounds like a great sight!!!

#5 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:41 AM

there ya go matt get that ss up to race speed and enter mr money bags

#6 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:07 AM

put me down as interested mate, i'll want to talk over the details though. Can't see me handing the car over to anyone.

#7 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:22 PM

Sounds good! Wish i had my cams licence i would be up for that for sure! If only i had a Hatchback Torana.. or any torana for that matter lol

#8 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

I am not sure when the entry for the relay closes but the race weekend closes today!!!

#9 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:14 PM

Wish i had my cams licence i would be up for that for sure!

:deal: http://www.cams.com....LicRenewal.ashx

#10 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

one day rodomo one day.. I might head up to Bathurst for the event though.. See what happens.

#11 _robert_lc_

_robert_lc_
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

put me down as interested mate, i'll want to talk over the details though. Can't see me handing the car over to anyone.

Hi Welby, none of us are handing our cars over either, we are all driving our own cars

Our Team is already registered, so we can add extra cars (up to the max of 6) afterwards....though I wouldn't leave it too long

I'll send you a pm with my number, feel free to call me to discuss

Also I'm sure everyone knows this but it's not technically a race, it's a Regularity event...meaning you nominate a time and try and stick to it...the team with the closest actual to nominated times win....kind of like bracket or dial your own drag racing (without the holeshot)

This keeps it affordable...and a whole lot safer as people will not need to pull desperate dives under brakes and all that other "sheep stations stuff" that goes with competitive racing

Cheers

Robert

#12 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

I'd like to think the Race Wreck will be ready (superior to a hatch, it has more doors). Maybe next year. I think we'll be spending a while sorting stuff out.

Short of that, I might spend 5 days on the flags and just watch from the best seats in the house.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 24 December 2009 - 09:43 PM.

#13 _LC Racer_

_LC Racer_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:46 AM

We have entered two teams under the southern sporting banner .
we have an lc gtr as well as a hatchback entered.
will be looking out for you guys when were up there .

greg

#14 _ronaldoredsox_

_ronaldoredsox_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:35 PM

Hi all, a friend and I have put a team together for the Bathurst 6 Hour during Easter 2010...at this stage we have 4 Hatchbacks, and can accommodate 2 more (6 is the maximum in a team)

This 6 Hour Relay is run as part of the FOSC event but is run on the Monday 5th & Tuesday 6th of April

It's a regularity event, so you can run at your own pace, but need to have previous multi car event experience...and yes a Cams L2S

http://www.fosc.com.au/Pages/Bathurst/2010/Bathurst%2010.htm

Cheers

Robert

I have the experience and the Cams license. And am keen to join a team. Trouble is my car ain't a hatch. I can bring the LC GTR Xu-2 Replica - it has the right number of doors!!

Whatdayareckon? R

#15 _robert_lc_

_robert_lc_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:55 PM

http://www.fosc.com.au/Pages/Bathurst/2010/Bathurst%2010.htm

Cheers

Robert

I have the experience and the Cams license. And am keen to join a team. Trouble is my car ain't a hatch. I can bring the LC GTR Xu-2 Replica - it has the right number of doors!!

Whatdayareckon? R

Hi Ron, Sorry for my late reply, I've sent you a PM and will hopefully chat with you soon

Cheers

Robert

#16 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

Hey Robert this sounds great. I am in the process of getting my CAMS licence I have also joined the Bathurst Light Car Club to do some amature racing this year.

I would definately be interested in this event in a couple of years time.

Whats the cost for this event?

Offtopic but do you compete in many hill climbs/ speed weekends at Bathurst?

Thanks Ryan

#17 _robert_lc_

_robert_lc_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:41 PM

Hey Robert this sounds great. I am in the process of getting my CAMS licence I have also joined the Bathurst Light Car Club to do some amature racing this year.

I would definately be interested in this event in a couple of years time.

Whats the cost for this event?

Offtopic but do you compete in many hill climbs/ speed weekends at Bathurst?

Thanks Ryan

Hi Ryan, sorry for my late reply (I only seem to get on here about once per month) Yes, I too am a member of the BLCC, great club and a great bunch of people...they have some good events too.

The Easter 6 hour entry I think worked out around $700 odd dollars per person for the 6 Torana field, happy to say Ronald has joined us in his XU2 :)

I try and pick and choose events based on fun factor, Speed on Tweed is high on my list for this year (missed last, but ran in 2008...great fun)as is the FOSC events.

Look forward to seeing you out there

Cheers

Robert

#18 _LC Racer_

_LC Racer_
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:39 PM

only two weeks to go . new motor been built for the gtr and my japper is nearing completion .
its going to be a big weekend.

#19 _robert_lc_

_robert_lc_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

Hi All, though the format changed a bit from the original 6-Hour Relay event, Team Torana had a ball !!

A few members of this Forum ended up running with us, pic below

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also some video from my car in the practice session

Edited by robert_lc, 08 April 2010 - 09:13 PM.

#20 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

Good to see LC Old Yella there!...Hope he kicked arse!!...By the way Rob...for some reason you sent me the same email 8 times???...
Hmmm....this is getting tempting with No.2....??

Just watched the video..
STOP IT! STOP IT!..
I was back at Bathurst on the bike at Easter in 77!
The Lotus Elise must have shit himself up Mountain when you went past...
Wheel spin up through the Cutting..change ealier..
You were a pussy on that lap through McPhillamy...
The GT40 had some weird frigging lines through Forrest...
Mate you looked good...wish I was there..you nearly have me convinced.
R

Edited by rorym, 08 April 2010 - 09:28 PM.

#21 _robert_lc_

_robert_lc_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:56 PM

Good to see LC Old Yella there!...Hope he kicked arse!!...By the way Rob...for some reason you sent me the same email 8 times???...
Hmmm....this is getting tempting with No.2....??

Just watched the video..
STOP IT! STOP IT!..
I was back at Bathurst on the bike at Easter in 77!
The Lotus Elise must have shit himself up Mountain when you went past...
Wheel spin up through the Cutting..change ealier..
You were a pussy on that lap through McPhillamy...
The GT40 had some weird frigging lines through Forrest...
Mate you looked good...wish I was there..you nearly have me convinced.
R

Hey Rory, yeah my Email gets stuck on one bad address and then resends till I delete it....may have to consult an IT person some day :)
Ronald had a blast and his car performed flawlessly, got a lot of attention too, as did the rest of the team
We had some quick cars amongst us, the white hatch posting a 2.398 best lap....ended up running 20th fastest time out of 400 cars (Sun-Tue event) and I'm pretty sure the quickest Torana there !!
I managed a 2.421, putting me I think 32nd quickest and so on...though I have to say, the weekend was not about that, it was a regularity event, so we tried to stay consistant and smooth...and most importantly kept it fun :)

I know a quick way to get you back into racing a Torana......we are coming to Speed on Tweed this year to hopefully better your previous sprint time.....now that will get you back out....haha just kidding mate

Cheers

Robert

#22 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

Hahah..Good to see mate..see you there..and get Ronald to extract the diget and come as well...that would be a sight..Falveys, Maccas, Red sox, and all.
R

#23 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:39 AM

Good stuff rob,

I will have to watch the youtube video when I get home from work, dam blocking filters.

Just a couple of questions what size rim do most of guys run?

#24 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:00 PM

Good stuff rob,

I will have to watch the youtube video when I get home from work, dam blocking filters.

16 inch and 15 inch any bigger and i will have to change my nationality and go back to 2 litre turbo and fully sic ulair ,rob just put my pics up today of your competition for next year
take care other rob

#25 _robert_lc_

_robert_lc_
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:04 PM

Good stuff rob,

16 inch and 15 inch any bigger and i will have to change my nationality and go back to 2 litre turbo and fully sic ulair ,rob just put my pics up today of your competition for next year
take care other rob

Yep, 16x8" is what I run, one Hatch on our team ran 18X8", and another has shown improvements with 17X9.5" + 17X8"....I'm going to stick with my 16's (more so cause that is all I can afford)....starts getting pricey the larger you go.

We all run semi slicks...pretty much a high performance street tyre

I'd love to try a set of Group C style slicks.....now that would generate some serious corner speed ;)

Funny enough, there was a decent number of cars running full slicks during this event....that GT40 I was following around had some serious sized slicks on, from memory about 12" wide at the back and 10"wide at the front

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users