Motorvation 24

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 _89'King_

_89'King_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:56 PM

Hey guys,

as you know, motorvation is upon us once again and i was just curious as to who was going and if there were any members displaying there cars? im heading down saturday till about 4pm and would like to meet some of the other forum members/members cars.

anyway, it should prove to be a good day.

josh.

#2 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:46 PM

i will be heading there one of the days probably saturday for a look see and get some pics but i think i will be going later in the day as i wanna avoid the heat as much as possible. there is gonna be some killer cars in elite this year from what i have seen. an awesome camaro, very nice purple ba and who can forget the twin turbo ls2 hatch.

on a different note got a message last nite from dave the owner of the ls2 hatch. well they finally got it to the dyno where it put out 647rwhp and maxed out the injectors so there is more in it. the motor itself is pretty standard apart for a cam and coil packs.

ayden

#3 _89'King_

_89'King_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

fark! 647 galloping horses! very impressive. im looking forward to seeing that monster there tomorrow!

#4 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

Ah yes ... the toasted bogan festival

Take lots of water kiddies its going to be warm

Not sure if I'm motorvated to go yet.... get it.... motorvated.... blah

I've not been for a few years... the incentive just isn't there lately

#5 _2DR_

_2DR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

im in dunno which day yet
:burnout:

#6 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

I will be there with my mate with his big block LH on sunday

#7 _V6 Chev_

_V6 Chev_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

i'll be down there working...

telling yahoos to stop ripping up my strip...

#8 _the gts_

_the gts_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:15 PM

I am finally in perth for something so am gonna head down on sunday. heard a rumour yesterday that an old mate won the burn out comp last year in some blown F F F F ord so would be hoping to catch up wth him and possibly a few people off here.
I am pretty sure the fella that hasnt been on here for a while is going to be there with his 4 door silver injected 383 LJ

#9 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Name:Garth
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

I am going tomoz for a day trip i know i wont get to se every car but looking forward mostly to the elite supercruise and burnouts .

see ya there
Garth

#10 _niterida_

_niterida_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

I tried to get down there for this weekend but my stupid sister took a week to ring and book transport of my UC hatch from Adelaide so it won't be in Perth till end of next week. I couldn't afford to take 2 weeks off work so will only be down next weekend :-(

Anything happening next weekend - anybody wanna organise a quick cruise or just a meet up maybe ?

#11 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:10 AM

i will be there but not in the torry, im taking the kids little 32 hot rod, come say hi

#12 _ova budget_

_ova budget_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:58 AM

been waiting all friggin year! Torana a long way from being ready to show, I'll be there from this afternoon on foot till they kick us out tonight. 64 cars in the burnout comp. Poor buggers who drew this afternoon at 3 will be spewing, 38 degrees in the city propbaly over 40 on the snakepit. Will definately kill a few cars, i couldnt do it but those guys thrive on it. Fred watsons monaro is worth the entry price alone...

#13 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

Did the day trip yesterday to Motorvation had a pretty good day it was friggin hot but.
Saw quite a few torries i haven't seen before which was good
Dave Cleary's twin turbo hatch looked awsome there was also a couple of A9Xs in the elite tent this year and also a SLR replica in the elite tent which i struggled to find elite don't get me wrong it was a very nice car with a beautiful standard interior but to me it just didn't quite fit the "elite" category .
In saying that there were alot of cars in the elite tent that i found myself questioning what was so "elite" about them?
Here are a couple of photos of random torries
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The burnouts were awsome as per usual with some serious rubber being fried and a few engines as well.
I was hanging out for the ELITE driveing events and ELITE SUPERCRUISE as previous motorvation's they have been a standout part of the show but last night's effort was well below average apart from Chris Dicker's old HQ 2door blown chev and the red 57 chev and a twin turbo HSV as well as a couple of others .

Only about 6 or 7 cars actually went in the driveing events and less than 1/2 went in the "elite" supercruise with some cars actually struggling to do a skid :dontknow:

Don't get me wrong i had a great day and and saw some awsome cars/skids/ and the bonus of the opposite sex and i will be back for sure but i reckon the organisers need to look at the pre-requisites for the "elite" category.

other peoples viewpoints and comments will be taken on the chin and i am just putting in my 2 bobs worth.

Took a bit of video of the stocko supercruise waiting on photobucket to upload it will post when it is done.

Garth

#14 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:01 PM

Posted Image

#15 _panthervs_

_panthervs_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

Did anyone see the old monaro loose his wheel at the start of the supercruise?? what a sight seeing an 18" wheel rolling down the quarter

#16 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

im with you fatslr the elite tent wasnt really what i would consider elite and it looked like they could have done with a few more cars in there. I think there were alot of nicer cars in the show and shine section. Its probably got something to do with the fact if u get into elite the car must stay there and is only allowed out for the elite supercruise. How did daves car go on the elite cruise anyways?

But all in all it was a good day apart from the f-ing heat

#17 GTR600

GTR600

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Name:Brock
  • Car:72 LJ GTR
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

Three of my favorites,

Maybe not every ones liking but besides original the next best look is drag.[attachment=5924:Picture 081.jpg][attachment=5925:Picture 091.jpg][attachment=5926:Picture 086.jpg]

#18 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:36 PM

my favourite was when ITS 253 wheel went faster and further than he did was a great weekend. UCSMOKE is nuts 5inch pipes 14/71 charger and 540 bigblock
= allrighttt

nice torrys there too so many in elite hall this year my favourite was yeah no and VB's Hatch not much trouble either after the gates closed any body else camp and see me there?

#19 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:46 PM

Did the day trip yesterday to Motorvation had a pretty good day it was friggin hot but.
Saw quite a few torries i haven't seen before which was good
Dave Cleary's twin turbo hatch looked awsome there was also a couple of A9Xs in the elite tent this year and also a SLR replica in the elite tent which i struggled to find elite don't get me wrong it was a very nice car with a beautiful standard interior but to me it just didn't quite fit the "elite" category .
In saying that there were alot of cars in the elite tent that i found myself questioning what was so "elite" about them?
Here are a couple of photos of random torries
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The burnouts were awsome as per usual with some serious rubber being fried and a few engines as well.
I was hanging out for the ELITE driveing events and ELITE SUPERCRUISE as previous motorvation's they have been a standout part of the show but last night's effort was well below average apart from Chris Dicker's old HQ 2door blown chev and the red 57 chev and a twin turbo HSV as well as a couple of others .

Only about 6 or 7 cars actually went in the driveing events and less than 1/2 went in the "elite" supercruise with some cars actually struggling to do a skid :dontknow:

Don't get me wrong i had a great day and and saw some awsome cars/skids/ and the bonus of the opposite sex and i will be back for sure but i reckon the organisers need to look at the pre-requisites for the "elite" category.

other peoples viewpoints and comments will be taken on the chin and i am just putting in my 2 bobs worth.

Took a bit of video of the stocko supercruise waiting on photobucket to upload it will post when it is done.

Garth

The green SLR in the second pic is my old one i have not seen it in about ten years.
Had a good day did some laps in mates car (silver tory with big block)we did huge skids :rockon:

#20 GTR600

GTR600

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Name:Brock
  • Car:72 LJ GTR
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:58 PM

Was diffently a high light of the cruise,

doing some good strong power skidsPosted Image

#21 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

Was diffently a high light of the cruise,

doing some good strong power skidsPosted Image

Thats it does it so easy to :dontknow:

#22 _89'King_

_89'King_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:37 PM

Did anyone see the old monaro loose his wheel at the start of the supercruise?? what a sight seeing an 18" wheel rolling down the quarter

yeah i felt bad for that bloke, looked like a really nice car and then all you see is a rim rolling down the strip. i didnt stay till the end but a mate of mine did, apparently he got it all fixed up for super cruise #2 and then BANG! the right wheel came off and rolled down the strip. poor fella.

all in all (apart from the heat) it was a really good day!! good turn out of torries, and some really nice lookin cars!

#23 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

he must of had stud converters on?

#24 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

Couple of pictures here.

Edited by ls2lxhatch, 18 January 2010 - 05:54 PM.

#25 _ova budget_

_ova budget_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

what a day! loved every minute of it (cept sitting in the heat waiting for the burnouts, man it was hot!). Agree with comments on the Elite hall, struggled to see how a few got in and whats the go with sprintcars and drag cars(except zaps rat because everyone luvs that!) taking up space.... Felt for a few guys during the driving events, monaro already mentioned loosing a wheel, the commodore that did the same leaving the snakepit, a couple of crowd favorites that coughed and spluttered in the burnouts etc. On that how good was UC smoke? I didn't get there till 2.30 so not sure what happend to it but when looking at car later i noticed trans was out. did he blow it earlier? pretty impressed that he came out and managed to pull such a skid late sat night. Absolutely fantastic also first time i can rememvber being in shorts and t shirt at 10.30 at Kwinana, perfect night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users