• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

http://sundayafterno...l-webber-clash/

#2 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

You dont go around the outside then turn right to go through a left hand corner when the car you passed has his front wheel in your side pod...too easy for me.He tried the punt and lost...over and out. Watchs Webbers view...look where his front wheel is when Vettel turns right.In V8 Supertaxis he would do a drive through.
R

Edited by rorym, 31 May 2010 - 10:21 PM.

#3 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

I am with Rory on this, however maybe Webber should have given ground and only lost one spot instead of two, this still would have enhanced his position at the top of the championship ladder... Easier said than done though 'cos Webber held his line and was IMHO entitled to do so.

Herne

#4 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:42 PM

Violence in Motorsport - When Good Drivers Turn Mad

A few examples for next time Vettel's ego gets in the way of Webber winning.

#5 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:08 PM

The jury is out with me but I like this one:

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me to punch someone with a helmet on?

#6 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:12 PM

#7 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

Anyone that causes harm to a Queanbeyan lad deserves to be shot!

But then again, I might be a little biased.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 31 May 2010 - 11:33 PM.

#8 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:23 AM

You dont go around the outside then turn right to go through a left hand corner when the car you passed has his front wheel in your side pod...too easy for me.He tried the punt and lost...over and out. Watchs Webbers view...look where his front wheel is when Vettel turns right.In V8 Supertaxis he would do a drive through.
R

Mark will win the championship, nuf-said :shoot:

#9 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:48 AM

I watched the after race press conference and mark is the full package, he deserves where he is at the moment, mind you being a fly on the wall in the transporter might have been fun.

#10 _JS192_

_JS192_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:26 AM

I can't help but notice the positive that has come out of this

Webber now has a 15 point buffer on his most serious rival for the world championship, as Vettel gained no points from the race

#11 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:14 AM

I actually blame Red Bull Racing for this. Mark was told to turn down his revs that lap to conserve fuel and the engine as they had heard the two mclarens had already done so. But vettel had another lap before they told him to do so.

If they were managing their two drivers they would have ordered them to do this at the same time. Or told seb to hold position.

Also vettel is at fault for the move itself but also for not thinking naturely enough to sit in behind him instead of risking it all to get one spot. Now he has hurt his chances of the championship a bit. And also shame on Christian Horner saying it was both at fault and webber should have given him more room. How was he meant to do that? He came across too quickly for mark to react. And same goes for red bull's right hand man saying webber should have conceded the spot. Shows a bit of favouritism in the team if you ask me.

#12 _JS192_

_JS192_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:38 AM

Also vettel is at fault for the move itself but also for not thinking naturely enough to sit in behind him instead of risking it all to get one spot. Now he has hurt his chances of the championship a bit. And also shame on Christian Horner saying it was both at fault and webber should have given him more room. How was he meant to do that? He came across too quickly for mark to react. And same goes for red bull's right hand man saying webber should have conceded the spot. Shows a bit of favouritism in the team if you ask me.

I agree aggro, what Christian Horner said was disapointing; it was actually a perfect example of great defensive driving on Mark's part.

He squeezed Vettel so there was only just enough room to get up along side him, and then held his line parallel to the track...

Did he give him enough room to move across and get a good line for the corner? of course not! he shouldn't have. It is racing!

Vettel made a mistake in his judgement.. its as simple as that

Edited by JS192, 01 June 2010 - 11:41 AM.

#13 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

I'm no expert but it does look like Vettel was driving like there was no one there...

Steve

#14 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:28 PM

Agree with the above. Weber didn't move, nor should he have - it is racing. Weber's comments in the press conference showed how he is the complete package. Vettel behaved impetuously, and paid the price. And then making the 'psycho' gestures (as my 8 year old calls it) walking away demonstrated the true level of his immaturity. Christian Horner needs to give him a good talking to. And also stop playing games with Mark if Vettel is the favoured son.

#15 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

Horner has changed his tune a bit - http://www.formula1....10/6/10860.html

I'm starting to dislike Vettel more and more.

They say he is the new Schumacher, and this goes a way to prove it.

If you can't beat them, crash into them.

If Mark had yielded it is true that he would have lost only one spot, but he also would have lost the championship lead, and once Sebastian was in front we all know that Red Bull would have favoured him even more openly.

Its easy to see that Seb made a desperate lunge because after that lap he would have to go to the same fuel setting as Mark and would have no chance of passing him once that happened.

I don't blame him for trying to pass, or even for the crash, he didn't mean to take himself out, but to blame Mark and for the team to blame Mark is unforgiveable.

I hope Mark takes the championship and goes to another team now. Red Bull have shown their loyalty to Sebastian, which is fair enough given that Mark will retire soon and Seb is the new up and coming star, but come on, it was clear who was at fault.

You have to wonder how else they favour him....

#16 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:35 PM

I agree 100% Potta, i feel Red Bull favour Vettel, You could see at the Conference after it Webber kept his cool but had fricken lazzeerrr beams coming out his eyes. Vettel reminds me of a spoilt little kid who didn't get his own way. Its Webbers year...... Hopefully.

#17 _waratah_

_waratah_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

They were doing what 170 mille an hour? vettel has reason to believe he may not get another chance to pull alongside webber in the race?
Webber knew the risks squeezing vettel out as much as vettel knew the risks of trying to get the race line!
If one of them shirked the issue well maybe they should go race against a clock and not other cars directly?
Shit happens in racin, generaly spreads around abit more the bigger the sheep stations they race for!

#18 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

Webber didn't squeeze him out, he held the same line....that is the whole point of the arguement....

Vettel swerved to the right to get closer to the ideal line through the corner but hadn't done the job yet and there was still another car there....

#19 _waratah_

_waratah_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:05 PM

Webber didn't squeeze him out, he held the same line....that is the whole point of the arguement....

Vettel swerved to the right to get closer to the ideal line through the corner but hadn't done the job yet and there was still another car there....

well i consider webber was not on the race line or the inside line, the footage from vettels race cam shows webbers reluctance to commit to any one line, thus he was "defending" or squeezing out vettel!
Also it appears vettel may of crab walked when he braked thus sending him into Webber!

Out of all this few mention the Mclarens were catching webber as vettel did too! I think webber was lucky to increase his lead in the championship as he was staring down the barrel of a 4th placed finnish (you cant hold mclarens out on straights)

#20 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

The only reason they were all catching him was because he had to turn down his fuel map to use a touch less fuel. which all the other drivers had to do in the laps after the incident anyway. But RBR told Vettel that Webber was a bit slower which is shit. Vettel sits back in the race while Mark goes out leading the whole thing for RBR and thats how they repay him by telling Vettel that he has more pace so should have a crack

#21 _waratah_

_waratah_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:11 PM

The only reason they were all catching him was because he had to turn down his fuel map to use a touch less fuel. which all the other drivers had to do in the laps after the incident anyway. But RBR told Vettel that Webber was a bit slower which is shit. Vettel sits back in the race while Mark goes out leading the whole thing for RBR and thats how they repay him by telling Vettel that he has more pace so should have a crack

When Vettel got past Hamilton as a result of pit stops, vettel was very fast and matched Webber until the "incident' When you sit back behind another car traditionally you use less fuel than the car out in front (although tyer wear and overheating of brakes/engine can happen if you dont get enough clear air)

If webber was holding vettel back and thus being endangered by the mclarens who were staying within striking distance common sense would tell you that its best for red bull if the faster man goes ahead!
Whatever happened it all worked out better for Mark as was not going to win that race and increase his lead in all probabilities!

#22 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

Whatever happened it all worked out better for Mark as was not going to win that race and increase his lead in all probabilities!

Have you seen Formula 1 before?

There wasn't much chance of anyone passing him unless Seb managed to do it where he tried.

You are right, he is better off now in terms of his team mate because he got a bigger gap from Vettel, but had he won that race he would now be leading the championship instead of being in 3rd.

#23 _waratah_

_waratah_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:52 PM

Have you seen Formula 1 before?

Ive made 3 posts in here, you ignore all of them but use 1 sentance so you can get smart like this.

My opinion differs, if you can't handle that then theres always facebook or bebo

Edited by waratah, 23 June 2010 - 05:53 PM.

#24 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

Sorry, I was alluding to the fact that there isn't much passing in F1...its hard to show sarcasm on a forum......

In my opinion, the other 3 cars would have struggled to pass Mark due to the fact that they also had to turn down their engines to conserve fuel.

The Mclarens were faster on the straights but the Red Bulls were faster everywhere else...

The fact remains, had Vettel been driving anything but a Red Bull and had done that the stewards would have deemed it careless driving and his team would have been punished.

At the very least he robbed us of a thrilling end to the race!

Edited by Potta, 23 June 2010 - 06:43 PM.

#25 _waratah_

_waratah_
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

if you look in Turkey we were not fast enough. We had an incident on the track but we were not fast enough in the grand prix.

\Mark webber in the press conference before this Weekends German Grand Prix!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users