#1 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:21 PM

well guys i have picked up another hk brougham this time i got the one i was always wanting its a inca gold 307 powerglide with black vinal roof and black trim im very happy as it will go great with my inca gold hk monaro and my sons silver mink hk brougham the brougham has all its books nothing has been modified so its as original as they come its very straight with the only rust being in a couple of the hanging panels the roof is fine floor pans perfect as is the y-frames its still got all its original running gear and is a treat to drive will post some more pics when i get a chance

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:19 PM

one word
FROCKIN NICCCEEEE

#3 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:40 AM

Two thumbs up,Posted Image

#4 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:48 AM

there is one rotting away in my street 2 houses up i think they want $1500 for it it ,only has a six in it .last i saw they pushed all their cars into a corner of their paddock with a forklift(wtf? yes they did)not my cup of tea but best go rescue it if you blokes like these things.otherwise another classic will be lost forever.

Edited by rob350hatch, 23 September 2010 - 06:51 AM.

#5 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:54 AM

You'll need a separate thread just for your signature if you keep goin mate :P

Nice lookin car though. Love the Broughams :spoton:

#6 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:58 AM

there is one rotting away in my street 2 houses up i think they want $1500 for it it ,only has a six in it .last i saw they pushed all their cars into a corner of their paddock with a forklift(wtf? yes they did)not my cup of tea but best go rescue it if you blokes like these things.otherwise another classic will be lost forever.

where.??..where.?!..where.!!..Posted Image

#7 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:28 AM

pm me

#8 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:45 AM

yeah mate they are not everyones cup of tea but i love them have had lots of them since i was 16 and they are getting harder and harder to find as most of them were stripped for the running gear for the monaros but people did buy the shells and put 6cyl in them so do you know if the one you mention is a hk??

You'll need a separate thread just for your signature if you keep goin mate :P

Nice lookin car though. Love the Broughams :spoton:

ROFLMAO my wife says i will need another house the way im going!!

and thanks to everyone else for your comments!!

#9 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:47 PM

pm me

My imagination is bigger than my yard,shed and wallet.

Common sense prevails,I'll have to pass for the time being....

#10 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:08 PM

went and had a look at it this arvo still in one peice although the bonnet is up for some unknown reason please give me the date range for hk and ill look on the plates or will it say hk like the newer holdens say hj hx etc.anyway ill get a couple of pics it is the darker brown non metallic with a baige vinyl roof . wot it still needs rescuing by someone it is very sad.i fear it will meet the fate of the other cars there shot or crushed or paddock bashed or just every door left open to rust the shitter out it real quick(like i said bonnet was up).ask ruts he saw the hj ute i got off them ,a bullet entry behind the drivers seat and exit thru the front screen on the passenger side just above the plenum chamber what you get out of shooting old holdens that are otherwise save able is beyond me.

#11 blown308

blown308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

this cannot be far from me Rob..can you PM me the details please as I may be looking for a project soon thanks wayne

#12 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:12 PM

mate that is an absolute ripper,

thats what mine should look like but its been resprayed and not assembled,i,m picking it up this weekend its been in storage for 10years, as i don,t have enough shed space,so i,ll add some pics and a bit if info.

#13 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,132 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

went and had a look at it this arvo still in one peice although the bonnet is up for some unknown reason please give me the date range for hk and ill look on the plates or will it say hk like the newer holdens say hj hx etc.anyway ill get a couple of pics it is the darker brown non metallic with a baige vinyl roof . wot it still needs rescuing by someone it is very sad.i fear it will meet the fate of the other cars there shot or crushed or paddock bashed or just every door left open to rust the shitter out it real quick(like i said bonnet was up).ask ruts he saw the hj ute i got off them ,a bullet entry behind the drivers seat and exit thru the front screen on the passenger side just above the plenum chamber what you get out of shooting old holdens that are otherwise save able is beyond me.

Easy, either VIN or BODY plate will say HK. Failing that the chassis number on the firewall will start with HK, HT or HG.

#14 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:47 AM

thats what mine should look like but its been resprayed and not assembled,i,m picking it up this weekend its been in storage for 10years, as i don,t have enough shed space,so i,ll add some pics and a bit if info.

wicked mate what is the original trim & colour combo????

#15 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

wicked mate what is the original trim & colour combo????

picked it up today,

its inka gold black trim,and you,ll hate me i,m ratting it out for the warrick yellow 307 monaro,i,m missing heaps of the oridginal peices for it.

i,ll get some pics of whats left,best body you will find,oridginal carpet is still pefect for my monaro,and the under lay looks new,floors are perfect.

its a shame that it might have to live outside,i,ll doctor up some kind of cover for it.

#16 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:19 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
she is showing 35k miles,the parts from it are almost new,so i cleaned out a shed to store it,way to good to leave outside.

#17 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:32 PM

is that the one byron got for you.

#18 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

is that the one byron got for you.

yes it is,
you know it don,t you,has been stored for some time hey.

#19 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:13 PM

yes it was sitting at my work for more then 10 years or so before you got it. didnt the bonnet come open or something on the way home?

#20 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:04 PM

yes mate,

unfortunatly the zippy tie didn,t go the distance,i was howling at the time,bonnet destroyed and top of guards in inner part where bolts are is damaged,bit of a ripple in guard aswell,but thankfully it didn,t hit the roof.

i wish i could get my hands on the oridginal engine,got better engines to swap.

cheers craig.

#21 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

i sold the engine to a guy with a boat just after you bought the body

#22 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:17 PM

bugger

#23 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

by the way fellas we have had at least 3 or 400 mm of rain since this last post it would seem and this piece of history is still sitting in the paddock with its bonnet up ??????? it needs rescuing before its too late!!!! anyone????? :cry: :dontknow: :Headbang2:

#24 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,132 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

Won't hurt it.

#25 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:00 PM