DMLC71

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Name:Daz M
  • Car:1971 LC 4 door

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

Just a reminder that Hanging Rock Car show is on this Sunday.
Need to get there realy early if you are taking your car to show.
I mean realy early.
Daz

#2 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:10 PM

At 7:20am, the Victorian Torana Club will be meeting at the BP servo just outside of Calder Raceway on the Calder Hwy.

See ya there!

#3 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

Well Heath do you want to meet at yours like last year or something and cruise up to calder?

#4 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:44 PM

Yeah mate there may be a few cars meeting at mine. 6 at mine, just spoke to Brad on the phone and he'll tell you the same thing

#5 _sloper35_

_sloper35_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

Some Pics fro Hanging Rock today
Norm

Attached Files

#6 _BIGCAV_

_BIGCAV_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:14 AM

was a good day yesterday

#7 _green5000_

_green5000_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:16 AM

First time I've been, was a fantastic day can't believe the size of it! Great variety of cars

#8 _beige_lj_

_beige_lj_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:07 AM

Awsome day... had lots of fun. I was amazed at the amount of cars that turned up, even if some didnt quite belong :P
Is anyone aware of the final number?

#9 DMLC71

DMLC71

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Name:Daz M
  • Car:1971 LC 4 door

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

i was told over 2500 cars came through the gate over the day (not car park).
next year will be better because cars 25 years and over will only be allowed to be displayed.
awesome day, bigger every year.

Awsome day... had lots of fun. I was amazed at the amount of cars that turned up, even if some didnt quite belong :P
Is anyone aware of the final number?

#10 _AGGRSV_

_AGGRSV_
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:36 PM

Just a few of many Torries there.......

Some awesome ones are showing up all over the place. The LX coupe pictured runs a 640hp 383..

Attached Files

Edited by AGGRSV, 15 February 2011 - 08:38 PM.

#11 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

You know there were heaps of cars that I missed simply because there were so many. It was impossible to have a really good look at all of them. This is the second year in a row I've been and both times it has been an amazing car show.

#12 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

Where's Heath? :dontknow:

#13 _beige_lj_

_beige_lj_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:15 AM

Posted Image

I believe he is right there ^^

#14 kerm74

kerm74

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

Some nice slr500's there, just working out how to post some pics

Edited by kerm74, 18 February 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#15 kerm74

kerm74

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:49 AM

Some nice slr500's there, just working out how to post some pics

Edited by kerm74, 18 February 2011 - 11:50 AM.

#16 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

You can either 'attach' them in the bottom of the page you see when you are replying in a thread, or you can host them on something like photobucket.com and then post links across or insert 'image tags'. Google search it or PM me if you can't figure it out, there should be plenty of guides about posting pictures on forums.

#17 _green5000_

_green5000_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

some pics of the day

Attached Files

#18 kerm74

kerm74

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

Thanks Heath - got it now. Three nice slr5000s. Belong to anyone here??

Attached Files

• Attached File  037.JPG   743.86K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  038.JPG   744.92K   1 downloads
  • Attached File  029.JPG   645.27K   2 downloads

#19 _green5000_

_green5000_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

Yeh I own the mint julep lx, I was looking for other unflared slr's didn't see the red one looks like it wasn't far away from me either

#20 kerm74

kerm74

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

Yeh I own the mint julep lx, I was looking for other unflared slr's didn't see the red one looks like it wasn't far away from me either

Liked your car - looks great - very nice colour. Wanted to have a chat to you about it but you must have headed home before I got back to the spot. Have got a yellow unflaired one - am trying to determine whether the underbonet is supposed to be black or body colour. I noticed yours was black as were the other two in the pics I posted. I have seen some previously which were painted body colour so not sure.

The red unflaired one was parked near the entrance gate but was easy to miss. Was a bit unusual with the body protector strips down each side and globe wheels. It appeared to have a fair bit of the original paint too!

#21 _green5000_

_green5000_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

Liked your car - looks great - very nice colour. Wanted to have a chat to you about it but you must have headed home before I got back to the spot. Have got a yellow unflaired one - am trying to determine whether the underbonet is supposed to be black or body colour. I noticed yours was black as were the other two in the pics I posted. I have seen some previously which were painted body colour so not sure.

The red unflaired one was parked near the entrance gate but was easy to miss. Was a bit unusual with the body protector strips down each side and globe wheels. It appeared to have a fair bit of the original paint too!

Are you talking about the engine bay or just the underside of the bonnet? My engine bay is body colour and is the original paint, the outside has been painted previously but the door jams and engine bay havn't. The underside of the bonnet is ment to be black. Although I have an early 76 ss hatch which has a black engine bay which is the original paint but I have seen alot of ss's with body colour in the engine bay, the slr is a 77 model maby ealier models were black not sure.. Yeh that red one needs to loose the body moulds and wheels. Is yours under restoration?

#22 kerm74

kerm74

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

Are you talking about the engine bay or just the underside of the bonnet? My engine bay is body colour and is the original paint, the outside has been painted previously but the door jams and engine bay havn't. The underside of the bonnet is ment to be black. Although I have an early 76 ss hatch which has a black engine bay which is the original paint but I have seen alot of ss's with body colour in the engine bay, the slr is a 77 model maby ealier models were black not sure.. Yeh that red one needs to loose the body moulds and wheels. Is yours under restoration?

yep - was talking about the underside of the bonet. Mine is July 77 so perhaps black is how it should be - which is what it currently is. Mine is registered and on the road but I will get it repainted as the paint is not great - also the engine bay has been painted black and looks pretty poor - hoping for a new paintjob in the next year or so and whilst the engine is out will get that rebuilt to get some more ponies out of it. Would be good to have a look an an original engine bay to try and get the colour details right.

#23 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

green5000, were you the bloke parked directly infront of me and mick74lh (teal coloured LH)?

#24 _green5000_

_green5000_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:59 AM

green5000, were you the bloke parked directly infront of me and mick74lh (teal coloured LH)?

Yeh heath that was me

#25 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

It didn't even click. Your car looked great btw!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users