Photo

who to panel & paint torana in perth (wa)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 jonesy

jonesy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Car:hatch

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

panel and paint perth wa

simple question who to do the panel and paint job on lx ss hatch ?
white and blackouts, fit flares, minor rust repair usaul areas.
no half ass jobs.
cheers - input appreciated

#2 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,472 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

Depends how much cash you have and how long you want to wait for it to be done

#3 _Flatliner_

_Flatliner_
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

Avon Valley Spray Painting in Northam talk to Little Mick.

He did this HK Monaro for my brother last year first class job!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers Rob

#4 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:01 PM

Nice wheels! :spoton:

#5 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Name:Garth
  • Car:UC S̶u̶n̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ 5000!

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:26 AM

`I'd try AJ's p&p in Rockingham

#6 _LH8VD69_

_LH8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:54 AM

What sort of coin you lookin at spending on paint and panel?

#7 jonesy

jonesy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

i dont want a half ass job and i dont want to be ripped off, my hatch is straight and minimal rust in usual spots.
i want it to be done once and done right everything perfect.

#8 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,472 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

So between $10-15k+ then

I doubt Rowe and Sons or Vulcan panle would look at it for less

But theres been some other suggestions you could check out

#9 _LH8VD69_

_LH8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

I searched high and low in Perth and my SLR was in similar condition to what u have described your as. The panel repair dude walked out and without even looking at the very good condition he just saw it was an old car and said from 20k. This attitude and response was shared by many shops. They just say after 40 yrs once they start taking it back they will uncover loads of crap. I had been over my car with a low power magnet to find any serious bog and found none and only had a couple of panel inperfections and rest spots. Its an old car thing. I think panel beaters of old are gone and we now have a mass wave of panel replacers. Either way mate id say minimum of 15k. GL

#10 jonesy

jonesy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

yer guys i have had a couple of quotes, weeding out the shit it looks like i will be spending between 13-16k thats about what i expected...which aint too bad.
the car is going to be finished getting striped down this time i am home from work in preperation to be sent to diamond blasting at stripped naked soda blasters the following break.
i wil be taking pics of the slow build process and posting them in the project section soon.
has anyone heard/used kustom panel and paint in wangara, they have a ad in perth street car? i am thinking about making a trip to go and see then this break. is there any feed back on them out there?
i aslo will be making called to the suggested paint shops as above.cheers

#11 _CHEV_

_CHEV_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

GAS 78 in Wangara, The black twin turbo LS Hatch is Dave Clearys - he paints all my cars... He is expensive when the work is hard, like any other shop... but call in and have a chat to him - he is willing to listen and discuss options.

Edited by CHEV, 15 August 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#12 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:58 PM

Avon Valley Spray Painting in Northam talk to Little Mick.

He did this HK Monaro for my brother last year first class job!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers Rob

Nice. These older Monaro's are easily my next favorite Holdens. (Toranas being the king of all the lions)

#13 _76S.L.R_

_76S.L.R_
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

13-16K and yours in in good cond!!?, then Im screwed!!!! My S.L.R needs a New Beaver Panel,Rust around Back Window,Behind bonnet Hinges,Lower Quarters,One Wheel Arch,Sill Panels,behind rear Bumper around the tail light Buckets so Either I'll have to learn how to do it myself or get it fixed bit by bit.

I certainly would'nt be taking my car to AJ's down here in Rockingham!,I've heard for as long as I can recall that they plaster on the bog inches thick and are terrible

#14 jonesy

jonesy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:13 AM

can AJ's then thanks

#15 ribz0

ribz0

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Name:Eric
  • Car:LC Torana & 1975 South African Mini

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

can AJ's then thanks

Hi mate..

I'm going throught the same at the moment.. I have just dropped my LC Torana off to a guy who was reccommended to me. He is a home panel and paint guy so I will let you know how it goes.

My LC was straight, minimal rust and I wasnt looking for a show car job, but a nice freshen up. I got quotes as high as 14K which was a joke! I'm looking at 3-5K with this guy.

Will take pics as I go and see how we end up.

Cheers

#16 _76S.L.R_

_76S.L.R_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:04 PM

can AJ's then thanks

Hi mate..

I'm going throught the same at the moment.. I have just dropped my LC Torana off to a guy who was reccommended to me. He is a home panel and paint guy so I will let you know how it goes.

My LC was straight, minimal rust and I wasnt looking for a show car job, but a nice freshen up. I got quotes as high as 14K which was a joke! I'm looking at 3-5K with this guy.

Cheers

Please let us know how you get on with your's then mate! though sadly mine needs a lot more work than yours

#17 jonesy

jonesy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:42 AM

can AJ's then thanks

Hi mate..

Cheers

looking forward to seening the outcome mate...

Edited by jonesy, 25 September 2011 - 12:43 AM.

#18 ribz0

ribz0

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:28 AM

Thanks all... So am I!!

I'm home again on Thursday so I will see how things are progressing then... hopefully, I'll get the first pics up and a run down on how things are going!!

:3gears:

#19 jonesy

jonesy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

will you post here or are you going to start a projects page? i sure there would be a few people interested in the progress.

#20 ribz0

ribz0

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:25 AM

will you post here or are you going to start a projects page? i sure there would be a few people interested in the progress.

I have started a new projects post so it can be tracked from there. (Our LC 4 door freshen up)

http://www.gmh-toran...oor-freshen-up/

Cheers.

#21 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

I certainly would'nt be taking my car to AJ's down here in Rockingham!,I've heard for as long as I can recall that they plaster on the bog inches thick and are terrible

Have you seen this in person? Only reason I mentioned them is that I used to have a workshop round the corner from them and they used to roll out some pretty shmicko looking cars. They are also a Rare Spares supplier and paint supplies retailer (I used to get my paint etc there), so I'd imagine they'd loose a lot of business if they were doing dodgy work. Maybe you 'heard' this from someone that asked them for a cheapo sprayjob and then bitched about it when that's exactly what they got? (I've seen that before...). I never had a reason to inspect their work that closely but if you have really seen shoddy work from there I'd like to know as they are at the top of my list for panel & paint once the UC is ready....

#22 _76S.L.R_

_76S.L.R_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:32 PM

Have you seen this in person? Only reason I mentioned them is that I used to have a workshop round the corner from them and they used to roll out some pretty shmicko looking cars. They are also a Rare Spares supplier and paint supplies retailer (I used to get my paint etc there), so I'd imagine they'd loose a lot of business if they were doing dodgy work. Maybe you 'heard' this from someone that asked them for a cheapo sprayjob and then bitched about it when that's exactly what they got? (I've seen that before...). I never had a reason to inspect their work that closely but if you have really seen shoddy work from there I'd like to know as they are at the top of my list for panel & paint once the UC is ready....

No I have not witnessed their work personally mate, just going by what numerous people have told me over the years through workmates etc= I myself need a LOT of work done to my S.L.R theres is rust in just about every single usual torana spots(rear window,behind bonnet hinges,door sills,beaver panel is completely buggered,rear lower quarters,both rear wheel arches,one door,door jams,tail light buckets,behind rear bumper) its progressively got worse over the 12 years or so ive owned it. For me it looks like I'll have to learn how to fix it all myself as I dont have 16K plus to spare!!

Edited by 76S.L.R, 25 September 2011 - 10:34 PM.

#23 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

Mine isn't in much better condition than yours by the sound of it. I was hoping to get away with spending around 10k but that seems unlikely now. Looks like we need to find a Torana friendly panel beater around Rockingham :dontknow:

#24 Lima31

Lima31

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Name:Lee

Posted 12 March 2022 - 03:02 PM

Any updates or changes to the above?  Looking at getting a couple of small scratches and a tiny dent out ...

#25 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 04:10 PM

Wow, old thread - the shop where I work now use 'Pristine Panel & Paint' in Rockingham. Good work, good prices, we service their cars and they've got a few nice old school rides. I think they are on facebook...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users