#1 davelh

davelh

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Car:74 LH SL

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:36 PM

As it says im after some cars, pref Toranas for my wedding in september.
I would like anything really, but the mrs would like something big and tough, so maybe a 4dr HG-T-K or Q.
So if anyone can help (we will pay :D ) please PM me or email me, and we might be able to sort something out
cheers
dave

#2 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:58 PM

september aye.. enough time to drop an 8 in my torrie :P

Good luck.. and good move giving plenty of notice.

#3 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:28 PM

Come on Adelaide boys help this man out its a worthy cause.I would offer my services but I'm in Melbourne and currently none of my cars are driveable :cry: .Good luck on ya specila day and wish you all the best and as many tuff cars as you can get.

#4 davelh

davelh

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:35 PM

thanks guys, my mrs wants my car in the wedding, but i dont want to have to worry about that as well as signing my life away

#5 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:12 PM

If my LJ was presentable you could use that... but that needs a fair bit of work before it gets out in public.

RIM

#6 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:42 PM

Dave, Id be more than happy to lend my LX Hatch for the day If you like PM Me with more details and Ill give u my contact number and we can sort something out from there,

Cheers :spoton:

#7 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2006 - 02:05 AM

if ruby is back on the road i will offer her. Stocky LC as well. but I will ask at the next HTC meeting 4 u.

u could also try the smasa site. www.smasa.com.au

#8 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:08 PM

if my SLR and i can be of assistance let me know

#9 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:55 PM

If the blue LX hatch is registered,

Birdwood Museum display

yep, I can probably offer a seat or two. We can probably rustle up some other Toranas too.

#10 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts
  • Car:most Torana models, Jag, Vauxhall, Triton, Staesman

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:42 PM

be wary of paying for use of cars, if car not lisenced chauffeaured vehicle heavy fine and possible confiscation of vehicle. hire car operaters watch for people using private cars and take rego to see if happens often,
OK if just helping a mate

#11 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:04 PM

Whereas you're right Limo, payment for hire, fare or reward can cause problems with insurance, and if regular, with business vs private use, but I can't see anyone getting a fine or their car confiscated.

The occasional wedding car gig usually ends up with a donation for petrol, professional photo of the car(s), and if you know the Bride/Groom, maybe a seat at a table and a chance to be part of the wedding. One wedding I did, I ended up taking wedding guests for cruises all night - was fun!

#12 davelh

davelh

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:27 PM

i must say thanks for all of the offers i knew i would get some help from here ( i always do)
i willl definately cover costs, and a bit (whatever - within reason)
we will be having professional photos taken, prob up at houghton in the town square, and maybe up at civic park on the lawns (gotta talk to the council) so some photos will def be included in the deal.
can people post some photos of cars so the mrs can approve please - we all know what they are like
cheers
dave

#13 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:20 PM

can people post some photos of cars so the mrs can approve please - we all know what they are like
cheers
dave

Careful Dave Ruby and I may retract our offer. LOL.

if u havent already seen my cardomain site click on the link in my sig.

#14 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:12 PM

Heres a few shots of mine,

Kaz and dangerous can probly vouch for me that its straight and clean :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I only live in paradise not far from you, so if u like your more than welcome to come with ur missus and have a look,Let me know

Balls in your court,

Cheers :spoton:

#15 _high_rpm_

_high_rpm_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:42 AM

those pics dont do it justice at all

#16 _355lxss_

_355lxss_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:02 PM

if it were later in the year i would offer my ss hatch.

My cousin who recently got married had his red HK monaro in the wedding, only prob is that its all original 186s 6cyl, he also hired 2 imparla's, one low rider with air bag suspension not sure of the year the other a 68 i think, silver mink with convos which has a big block, sounds tuff and looks tuff. If interested i can get details for you. Ill see if i canget some pics.

regards eddie

#17 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:30 PM

we will be having professional photos taken, prob up at houghton in the town square,

Dave, although it's a bit of a walk to get to, the old Newman's nursey ruins behind Anstey's Hill is an excellent place for wedding photos.

Posted Image can be available if we have enough notice.

#18 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:27 PM

ill post mine up if some one can tell me how to load my pic onto the forum. although i dont beleive mine is in the same league as some of you guys. but kaz has already tryed to kick my bum for this attitude

#19 davelh

davelh

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:32 PM

this is great - its amazing with all the wankers out there, there are still decent people around
kaz, i have seen your car in the flesh a couple of times
marc, i remeber when you first bought the hatch, and i saw it at extreme horsepower that year
dangerous, that hatch looks fantastic
i think, coz i want them all, is for me to show the mrs some of the options
i already have one car chosen - some might knoe him SHT-BOX/MR LX/LX and i think he would not like me much anymore if he wasnt in it
i also have got a mate, SLC-208/SUS-202 who will be riding along for the show of it (only got racing buckets in the front)
I would like a couple more torrys, and i think the mrs would like something bigger to fit the dress in
i will talk to her, get her to pick the cars, as i said, ill take them all, and i will get in contact with relevant people
cheers
dave

#20 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:28 PM

Posted Image

^^ LX8VD69s Torrie that he reckons aint worth putting in a car show. :fool:

there is a stretch LC(??) Limo being built, very slow process :rolleyes: last i saw it the owner was hand molding the arm rest. I reckon another 5 years it may be ready. I will let yas kno when its ready, dont hold your breath tho.

Edited by kaz from adelaide, 30 May 2006 - 11:33 PM.

#21 barny_lx

barny_lx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:31 PM

heres a pic of mine if your interested. But yeha its not up to the same standard as dangerous' and Marcs

shit pic too but ohh well!

Posted Image[/IMG]

#22 _Toranamuk_

_Toranamuk_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:38 PM

Steve's LX Limo is'nt really that far off finished, he just needs a good kick in the butt to get things from the finishing stage to the finished stage.

Pity the wedding's only a few months away.

I'll see if i am allowed to sneak a piccy or 2 on line to let the world see it.

Only a few people have seen it so far & its been in the build for over 10yrs.

#23 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:06 PM

Welcome to the forum Toranamuk! :spoton:

As for the stretch being in the build for 10 years - well, you know you can't rush these things :rolleyes:

You could probably build something out of spares for the event, couldn't you? :D

#24 _soss_

_soss_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:26 PM

lx 4 door may b ready , up to bullitljv8 to help me complete..silver & black a9x
paint scheem with big hotwires

#25 davelh

davelh

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:58 AM

ok, sorry ive taken a while to get back to you guys n girls on this one
after long deliberation with the mrs, we have decided that toranas are just too small for our needs (it saddens me, as i have wanted them from day one), but we have decided on one, MR LX as i asked him like 3 years ago and two others.
The two others are a stock as a rock, white 186 HG kingswood, that looks amazing for an unrestored car, and a silver mink HT Prem with a 350 in it.

I must say thankyou to everyone on here for the offer, and commend on the quality of cars around adelaide - always good to see
cheers
dave
*EDIT*
Also, the other night in town a saw about a 68 impala stretch, it look great, and i was ondering if anyone had any contact details for it, as i DO need a limo

Edited by davelh, 16 August 2006 - 11:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users