Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

hopefully the rain will stay away and there is a good turn out. I will have mine back on the road by then so it will be there.

#3 _L32M20_

_L32M20_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

gotta go very early.last year arrived later and there was not many there. :mellow:

#4 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Well was not a bad day at the Gm round up just a few pic's i got on the day.
Still no trophies for the lc.
The FJ crewman was a work of art and had a bucket load of cash spent on it.

Attached Files

#5 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

the fx fj club had a strong turn out.

few more

and more still

This would have to be the best looking 57 chev i have ever seen

Attached Files

#6 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

seems to be if you don't put a LX hatch in a show you will never win anything for 1970-1979 The yellow hatch won most of the 70-79 and i still can't see how it can be in modified when the other 2 where in restored and unrestored???? the white one was a a9x and the other a 4.2 ss and the yellow one a 6cyl sl but all done up the same as a9x's.
You tell me as i'm lost for words over it all. Don't know what they class as modified or not as all 3 where modified and not as they left the factory with flares and v8's and mags and chrome????
To me a car that has been modified is a car like mine that has had engine change wheel change body change interia changed. Not a car that has been done to same modle factory specs with std interia from that car.

#7 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

that fj crewman looks very tidy, have you got any more pics of the back of it Dave? just want to get a better view of the tail lights

#8 its Paul

its Paul

Formerly lx8vd77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:LXSS, VUSS, VESSv & the mighty HB

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

That 57 belongs to a client of ours, we made the stand under the front wheel, battery tray and the drop tank.
Mike & Leanne's 57 is a very nice car, sounds pretty good also, Leanne drives that car every where. :)

#9 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

yer i followed it for a while on my way home. goes quite well too

#10 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

seems to be if you don't put a LX hatch in a show you will never win anything for 1970-1979 The yellow hatch won most of the 70-79 and i still can't see how it can be in modified when the other 2 where in restored and unrestored???? the white one was a a9x and the other a 4.2 ss and the yellow one a 6cyl sl but all done up the same as a9x's.
You tell me as i'm lost for words over it all. Don't know what they class as modified or not as all 3 where modified and not as they left the factory with flares and v8's and mags and chrome????
To me a car that has been modified is a car like mine that has had engine change wheel change body change interia changed. Not a car that has been done to same modle factory specs with std interia from that car.

No point crying dave.... An award would be nice, but probably lots that feel the same on the day, congratulate the winner and move on...

#11 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

i did congrat him and clap for him but it's still a pisser that a car that is fitted with all factory parts that came out on a lx is classed as modified.

#12 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Mehhh You can show him up at the next drag day!

Looks pretty quite in the pics, good turnout? Sorry i didnt get down was shattered..

Edited by Skapinad, 02 October 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#13 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Not the first time there has been a bit of weirdness with prize categories at this event Dave. From memory a late model Commodore won best 70-79 Holden a couple of years back..........

#14 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

yer well i still can't see how a car that wins in modified can win in restored. If it's restored then it restored not modified. Same car took out best engine bay with damage to the paint from leaking brake fluid. I think there was a lot better engine bays then that one

#15 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

^ Such is the nature of car shows and judging mate. Seems to me some judges simply pull a name out of a hat or have made up their mind prior to even having a look at what else is around. Speaking from recent experience on that one :)

#16 _a9xhatchback_

_a9xhatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hey lcxu105, I wouldn't be a sook. That yellow hatchback on the day was very different of when it came out of the factory as an sl 202 in a different colour.. It has flares, hotwires, a shinny 308, lowered, Ss trim, etc etc......far different from a factory car

Congratulations to the owner on an awesome car. He deserved the trophy on the day as it was by far the best attention to detail car there in its class. It was a no brainer and even the guys that I walked around with thought so.

Enjoy

#17 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

What i was saying was it has all holden factory parts on it. not molested aftermarket stuff. If factory parts and a respray give you best modified then why would anyone want to spend time and money on modifieing cars like i have and several other who have spent a lot more then i have aswell.

And if that car wasn't lowered

#18 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

I did enjoy the show but hey and i did congrats him when he won but i don't think a car with factory parts should win modified. And as for best engine bay hahaha. If you took any photo's on the day there was cars with a lot better engine bays then his. And best interiea thats a joke. Did you look at the HQ from image trimming, it shit all over his

#19 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

that fj crewman looks very tidy, have you got any more pics of the back of it Dave? just want to get a better view of the tail lights

Id like to see some more pics of it too,a buddy of mine did a lot of the early work on that car.

#20 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Spoke to Duddley one of the event oranisers last night and mentioned about this car and he was not happy abt how it was judged aswell.. He said it should of been in restored as there was only factory option parts on the car to look like a a9x( Mag wheels and a flare kit are not classed as enough to be in modified).
He is also going to tell me where i lost points on my car so i can improve it for the next show i atend.
Have to wait till he gets back in Australia tho on the 18th.
So for anyone who says the LX hatch that won top modified was NOT supose to be in modified..
Also the only reason he got best interiea was Image Trimming was a sponser of the show and it would of looked bad for them if they won it thats why they got second.

Edited by lcxu105, 06 October 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#21 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Geez, bygones dave...

#22 _sprintmaster_

_sprintmaster_
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

Another reason why we don't do shows any more,prefer to cruize with a few mates and enjoy an outing to Lakeside Park now and then to blow the cobwebbs out!
As Big T said a recent event had me wondering also about judging process also!!!

#23 _a9xhatchback_

_a9xhatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

Your still sooking, Lessons learnt move forward and improvise for next time. Maybe buy the yellow awesome hatch that won the 3 trophies if it comes up for sale....lol.

The papaya ss hatch car won best interior. I didn't get a close look at it .....anyway.

The yellow hatch won, best engine bay......yes it was super neat and I guarantee your mixed up with another car as my pics show no paint drip from brake fluid. Could it been the papaya car?

The yellow hatch also won Best Holden in its decade, that was easy the rest was not up to standard, I didn't look at your car, but people general really liked the yellow car and that's why it had lots of people around it.

The next trophy it won was best modified. Again I it's modified. It's not an a9x, its a moded sl heaps of chrome work under bonet, etc etc etc.

They may need to invent an ultra moded class for you.

Speaking to lots of people on the day, that yellow car was by far the best in its class.

Now you need to move forward and no more protesting.

Cheers

Edited by a9xhatchback, 08 October 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#24 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

i was venting. As the genral public do not know id tag numbers or paint codes like some of us. I'm currently waiting for Dudley to get back to OZ as i said so he can tell me what let mine down on points. I never said the car didn't desurve to win just that i didn't think it should be in modified as it has HOLDEN FACTORY parts on it. If factory parts make a car modified when its still all factory parts so be it mine won't be there next year.
If you want to have a class for that is should be REPCLAIR not modified.
Maybe event organizers need to look at that.
And if i remember correctly the commodore dressed up as a hdt car won such a trophy.

Edited by lcxu105, 09 October 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#25 _330OLX_

_330OLX_
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

I didn't display mine at this show & actually left before the show started (I only went for the swap meet)
The times when I have put mine on show were certainly not to impress judges / win a trophy.
I really enjoy seeing the reactions of members of the public to the way I've built & presented my car, and if it was to collect a trophy along the way that would be a bonus
You can't really go to shows with any expectations, you're just setting yourself up for dis-appointment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users