Still having dash dramas unfortunately, just with the fuel gauge, but will hopefully iron it out soon. I did fit up the fuel lines, which had to be re-done as they had made them all 2in too short... They copped it on the chin, and re-made the four I couldn't make fit - very happy with the service. Stuff happens, they made it good. So with them fitted, the new Walbro 460 in and wired up, I filled the drop tank with 20lts of 98 for the first time in 10 years, and primed the lines. No leaks, all as it should be.
So I grabbed a funnel off Amazon (my rad cap isn't the highest part of the cooling system), and filled and bled the cooling system. The CVR EWP meant I could do it without starting the engine. I had had a sensor bung welded in the top of the rad tank for the EWP and thermos - again, no leaks and it bled up easily. Hmm. Was getting suspicious it was going so well...
So then I checked for spark - roger.
Checked all the wiring again - seemed right.
Turned her over - had got the starter spaced right, too - but nothing.
Quick check - they work better with the coil lead on properly...
Turned her over a couple more times and braaaapppp. It was a joyous moment, as you can see in the video. No exhaust though, apart from headers, so I shared that joy with the entire neighbourhood. My 91 year old partly deaf neighbour yelled over the fence later "sounds awesome mate!" Ha ha.
So yes, another big step. Just the exhaust, stupid fuel gauge, fitting of puke tanks etc and, yeah, the trim, front panels... But closer than it's ever been. A good day.