#1 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:11 AM

Please note that the fun day has been moved from June to 16th July to accomodate the recent V8 supercar round as Shanghi was cancelled.

16yrs and over can drive.

Read this:http://www.wintonrac....au/?item=20236

Bought the hat, got the sticker :spoton:

Posted Image
Close enough to Flamenco Red? To match boy's car

Edited by Oldn64, 17 June 2006 - 12:52 AM.

#2 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:16 AM

16yrs and over can drive.

Fuming! Fifteen days too early hahaha

#3 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:23 AM

You have a tounge in your head, LIE! :tease:

#4 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:51 AM

You have a tounge in your head, LIE! :tease:

Not something I would incourage. I was actually going to pm you heath. are you planning to come? If you were the right age I would have given you a drive.. (Damn it). Would you like to be a passenger? Do you have a helmet? What size is your head? (do you have access to a helmet? If not my wife's might fit you. I think you might have tried it on anyway (at Drag Day). If you wish to come I can pick you up.

Cheers

#5 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:57 AM

Tim, I will be there. If you could give me a lift it would be fantastic, but don't feel obligated.

I plan to do a fair bit of photography on the day of everyone out there having some fun during their laps.

I have no idea what size my head is. I think I did try your wife's helmet on and it was good... but I'm not quite sure about that. Getting out there on the track a huge priority. Bring the helmet anyway and we'll see if we can organize something on the day.

#6 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:01 AM

Picking you up is easy you are sort of on teh way so it is possible to do so. I need to do some more work on vehicle before day so hopefully mate can do it for me (still a little too sore to do stuff for myself yet) I might get you to try it on BEFORE the day that way I can do something if I need to. Ride will cost $25 for teh day.. :D As far as I am concerned you are on teh track... :D

Cheers

#7 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:22 AM

Heath, make sure you get a guardian to sign off before you go to the track. Anybody under 18 needs one of these signed prior to going on the track. Contact the track and they should be able to send out the forms.

#8 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

Do I need to have forms sent out prior or is it all done on the day?
Would love to do this as I've never done anything like this before.... it would be great to get a pic Heath!!!

#9 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:33 AM

I dont know if this will work.
http://by105fd.bay10...6130&vscan=scan

#10 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:35 AM

Cancel that. The form I have is to organise an event.

Edited by rodomo, 17 June 2006 - 09:45 AM.

#11 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:50 AM

Read this instead maybe? The way it reads to me you register on the day.

Ever wanted to get your car on the racetrack?

With thanks to Autobrakes Winton Raceway will be again holding its popular Family Fun Day on January 29th. The Autobrakes Fun Day is a unique concept started by Winton Raceway about 9 years ago to give people that have never experience motorsport a chance to at a low level entry costs and to give access to race teams to have a fun orientated day with pit crews, family and friends all able to join in the fun.

The Autobrakes Fun Day usually is well attend in the vicinity of 200 to 400 participants and it�s usually a great day and despite the large numbers generally there is still a lot of opportunity for track time during the day.

Participants arrive in a variety of cars included general road cars, hotted up specials, home made clubman�s, race cars and restored vehicles.

What do you need to participate in the Autobrakes Fun Day?

You will require a Australian Standard approved helmet. Be covered from wrist to neck to ankle in a flame retardant material clothing, i.e. overalls and suitable closed in footware.

The car needs to be of a roadworthy or race worthy condition and have all lose objects removed from the car. All brake lights should be working as there are a number of cars on the circuit sometimes of different capabilities therefore brake lights are important to warn participants behind that you are stopping.

There are no licences required for the day but drivers need to be over the age of 16, but this would depend on the stature and capabilities of the person involved. Passengers may be younger than sixteen but must be able to fit into the vehicle in a safer manner.

The Format of the day

The day starts of with a safety check of your car and registration. It is important that you complete the necessary paper work for insurance requirements. At approximately 9:00 � 9:30 there is a briefing, at which all participants need to attend. The briefing covers the safety conduct of the day on the track and is important to understand where to go if your car is in distress and what to do with yourself and who will help you in various situations. The officials will also give a run down on signalling by either flags or signs and what is required when you see these signals.

The session usually starts with a driver only session. This usually runs for about 30 minutes and then the session are swapped to driver & passenger session. This usually runs for around 30 minutes then reverts back to driver. This activity structure is generally followed throughout the day but may be subject alteration to fit with the number and types of cars that attend.

There is air available for tyres but you will need your own pressure gauge or borrow someone�s on the day. Fuel will be available, AVGAS, ULP, OPTIMAX and JFP Racing Unleaded at selected times through the day.

The kiosk will be open and will have hot and cold food and drinks available.

If you have not been to a Winton Fun Day and are interested in participating in motorsport or a least seeing what all the fuss is about the you should mark January 29th in your calendar as a fun day for the whole family.

The cost of the Day is $25 per participant, for more details contact Winton Motor Raceway on (03) 5766 4235. Special Thanks for the day go to Autobrakes who make it the costs reasonable for people to attend.

#12 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:00 AM

Yeah, I read that... but 200-400 entrants filling out forms and scrutineering on the day?

Wouldn't leave much track time!

#13 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:19 PM

Stolen from one of 73LJWhiteSL's (Steve) posts. He has been to a few of these "Fun Days"

The sessions run in 30 minute blocks. The first is for drivers only (no passengers) the second session is for Drivers and passengers only (no drivers without passengers). They swap between these two for the whole day. The only exception is a Driver and junior passenger session around 1pm, where drivers can take their older children for a lap out in there cars behind the pace car.

Generaly they let up to 40 cars on the track at a time (full circuit) letting them on from the pits. As cars come off, others are allowed on. They do not class cars, or match them based on performance, so it means there is a real mix of different speed cars on the track, but everyone is told to be aware who is around them and give others room. Those who are faster and need to pass people are told to do it ONLY ON STRAIGHTS.

Basicaly the ruling on how fast you go is:

You are only allowed to drive to 80% of the car and the drivers potentional, it is NOT racing as such, simply doing laps.

If you driver harder than this (drifting, tyres squealing around corners etc) you will be given a warning, and if you do this again you will be kicked out.

In all the fun days I have been to (somewhere around 6 or 7) I only know of one fender bender where someone ran into the back of someone (no injuries), and one blown motor (bye bye Gen III ). I think this is a great event and great oppertunity for people to experience circuit racing for a cheap cost.

Most of the time I would go out and do maybe 3 or 4 or 5 laps in a row and come back in, since my car is a daily and i don't want to cook or brake anything. I usually do that a couple of times in the day, depending on how aggressive or not the other drivers are, how my car is running, etc

Hope this given you guys an idea what goes on on these days.

#14 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:31 PM

Good info. I better get in contact with Winton about that form. Thanks for the heads up Pat!

#15 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2006 - 12:42 AM

Guys it is not that critical. Anyone car sign the form as teh Guardian, all that needs to happen is that the parents give gaurdianship to a person for the day. nto real biggy. I too have been to a number of these as all runs very smoothly. It is getting more popular each time but seriously 30minutes is heaps for a session and you end up buggered by 2pm if you go out each session anyway.

So in that respect. Heath you need to talk to your Parents about the day. As long as they are happy for you to be on teh track I will most happily sign as guardian for you. I do however request this, if there is conditions that they wish me to follow then I need to know them, as i become responsible for you. Secondly I would like a contact number INCASE of something happening, afterall you are going to a racetrack, and while the utmost care is taken accidents car happen, it is motorsport. As you saw from the drag day, nice casual affair. Winton is a little more "organised" but same sort of atmosphere.

Oh and for all those attending, bring food and drink, unless you are made of money.. ;)

Cheers

PS: Wish I would have the SS up and runnign by then.. :( Oh well...

#16 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:15 PM

May have to take my car along to one of these one day, they look like great fun! Just have to make sure everything is in order first and im confident enough to take it out there!

#17 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:32 PM

Yeah, I read that... but 200-400 entrants filling out forms and scrutineering on the day?

Wouldn't leave much track time!

Don't stress about 200 - 400 entrants... I doubt you will see more than 100 cars at the most.

I went to the last one at the start of the year. It was around 35 degrees and i reckon there would have been at most about 50 cars there.

Trust me everyone gets some quality track time... unless you have a very serious race car i doubt you would do more than 20 laps at the most anyways... well unless you are very keen and very rich (tyres, brakes, fuel etc...) :tease: :spoton:

Steve

#18 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 05:57 PM

Hey All
They are seriously great days well organised n the numbers havn't been that high the last few times, most of the serious guys leave by lunch so the arvo is the best time! Hopefully well have the orange beast sorted by then n have her out there again! Hope to c a few of u up there
Cheers
Stedz

#19 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:36 PM

hmmm, maybe if I can find a manual box for my car I might give it a go one day

#20 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:34 PM

May have to take my car along to one of these one day, they look like great fun! Just have to make sure everything is in order first and im confident enough to take it out there!

Last time I was on a race track was 18 yrs ago when an employer sent me to Sandown for a advanced driving course. Don't let inexperience stop you. How else will you get experience? We can all make arses of ourselves together. :spoton:

#21 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:58 AM

Last time I was on a race track was 18 yrs ago when an employer sent me to Sandown for a advanced driving course. Don't let inexperience stop you. How else will you get experience? We can all make arses of ourselves together

I agree, once you've done a couple of laps you will start to get a feel for what pace you (and the car) are comfortable going at, then you just chip away from there.... Brake a little bit later here, hold the accel on a bit longer there - trust me once you get the taste for it your hooked :)

Enjoy yourselves !!

#22 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:12 PM

yeah well maybe ill save up some cash for petrol and a fun weekend! Maybe not make this one but the next!

#23 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:00 PM

Next one will probably be the week before Christmas. :spoton:

Steve

#24 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:03 PM

yeah well maybe ill save up some cash for petrol and a fun weekend! Maybe not make this one but the next!

Mate, if you cant afford to run your torry maybe you should give it to me? :tease:

#25 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:36 PM

good try there Rob! I reckon you should get the Rover out on the track!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users