linalj

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:Ve ssv ute and lc gtr

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hi does anyone have any pictures of the eBay seat covers fitted? A bloke on there from nsw sells full sets for around 700 but I'm not sure if they worth the money? Also sells all models xy monaros etc

#2 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Theres been 3 or 4 threads on these recently

At least one has pics of them fitted

Heres one or 2 threads

I'm sure others will post more

http://www.gmh-toran...eatcover-skins/

http://www.gmh-toran...?hl=seat covers

http://www.gmh-toran...ers#entry731757

#3 linalj

linalj

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

thanks for the reply, and thanks for not flaming i did have a look through and couldnt find any info.

#4 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Hi Matt

Bought a set of these this week and supposed to be receiving them in the mail mid next week. I will let you know how they look when they come. A bit of advice, if your going to buy a pair try and bid on the ones on auction. This guy has auctions going at a starting bid of $699 with the odd auction starting from 0.00. I managed to pick my set up for $455.00 + 24.00 postage, saved me heaps.

http://www.ebay.com....9#ht_500wt_1180

#5 linalj

linalj

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Cheers gonedeaf will be good to see them fitted!

#6 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Like I said I am supposed to be getting them mid next week. I have already arranged to have them fitted with a guy next week as well which he says will take around 2 or 3 days and 500 big ones front and rear. My old seats are in pretty reasonable condition so the foam should be ok, although the drivers seat has a rip in it and is a little softer than the other seats. I'll put some pics up when they are finished.

#7 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

i dont think it will be long until we see cheap door trims either,

its good for restorers but not so good for the economy, same as everything else thats made os i guess

#8 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

I dropped the seats off on Saturday and to my suprise he rang me yesterday to say he was done. He said that the covers were pretty good although we didnt get the back boards on the front seats with the set so he had to recover those.

They fit the front seats almost perfect although the back seat still has a crease in it from when it was packaged. The trimmer said to just put the back seat out in the sun on a warm day for around an hour or so which will shrink the cover thus giving a tighter fit, I hope that is the case.

Overall I think the covers are quite good if you can pick them up for a decent price but for $699 I would expect to get the back boards and a perfect fit but I guess that depends on the trimmer as well. Here's a few pics of the seats finished.

You can clearly see the problem area on the rear seat. I am sure with a bit of use they will probably improve again fit wise. Overall I am very happy with quality of the covers and the fitting of the trimmer. PM me if you would like to have the trimmer's number, he's in the western suburbs of Melbourne and is a good bloke to deal with.

20130331_204129_zpsb54ed1ed.jpg

20130331_202806_zpsf0e32b94.jpg

20130321_120951_zps61443ee7.jpg

Edited by Gonedeaf, 01 April 2013 - 07:07 AM.

#9 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Did you not notice anything with these covers?.. are they meant to be SLR?

Back seat doesnt have the correct amount of lines in it unless im going blind! its supposed to match the fronts in the amount of lines

major fault if your wanting slr correct, he has sewn the rear as an sl and the front as slr/ss

#10 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

i just had a quick look at his listings and it appears all his 4 door LX ones have been made incorrectly on the rear seat

#11 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

Did you not notice anything with these covers?.. are they meant to be SLR?

Back seat doesnt have the correct amount of lines in it unless im going blind! its supposed to match the fronts in the amount of lines

major fault if your wanting slr correct, he has sewn the rear as an sl and the front as slr/ss

Doesnt matter to me my car is an SL. I just bought these because I liked them. Good that you added that though just in case someone is after genuine SLR ones.

How many lines are they meant to have and which lines are you exactly talking about?

To be honest I dont think these are SLR anyway, click on this link these SLR ones look different.

http://www.ebay.com....s#ht_500wt_1203

Edited by Gonedeaf, 01 April 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#12 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

He has them advertised as SLR, when they are clearly not, the front back rest has 3, the rear back rest on yours has 1, SLR had 3..

It is supposed to match the fronts, which is doesnt, i feel sorry for all the people that bought these, alot of money once you get them fitted to be incorrect

#13 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

This listing here for example - have a look at the rear seat, it has the same amount of lines going across as the fronts

http://www.ebay.com....=item35bbd053e2

#14 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

He has them advertised as SLR, when they are clearly not, the front back rest has 3, the rear back rest on yours has 1, SLR had 3..

It is supposed to match the fronts, which is doesnt, i feel sorry for all the people that bought these, alot of money once you get them fitted to be incorrect

Like I said I couldn't give a shit, I picked these up cheap and they have come up a treat for an SL. They are a marked improvement on what I had. To say that they dont match is a crock, how fussy do you want to be. I could understand if you want to restore an SLR to genuine but that's not what I'm doing.

$1500 buckaroos and that's just for the covers lol, what a bloody rip off. I boughts my covers and had them fitted all up for $980, that's half the price for 4 less lines of stitching. Shit man I could have asked the trimmer to add that stitching for maybe $50 lol.

Edited by Gonedeaf, 01 April 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#15 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

if people dont care then thats okay,

its just sloppy work, he used the golfball as per slr/ss, used the pattern in the front as per slr/ss so most people would obviously the same for the rear, listed on ebay as SLR so people who dont know wouldnt know only when someone points it out to them

For me it doesnt matter as long as your happy with them,  when we retrim we even measure the stitch length to make sure its same, so leaving lines out would be like end of the world lol

#16 ribz0

ribz0

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Name:Eric
  • Car:LC Torana & 1975 South African Mini

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hi Matt...

How did you go with them seat covers?

I did the same and had a crack at fitting them myself and they turned out ok... It all depends on the budget and if your game at having a go...  Here is a link to how mine ended up, scroll down about half way....

http://www.gmh-toran...eshen-up/page-3

Let us know how you go...

Cheers

Edited by ribz0, 02 April 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#17 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

i got some of these a while back.  Look really good but took my seats to get fitted and the prick before me has apparently modified the seat foam so didnt fit very well.  might end up costing a fortune!!  just my luck!!

#18 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Thats unlucky Chris, as you can see mine have fitted nicely although my seats were original factory ones. Shorely the trimmer can cut some of the foam away or something?

#19 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Apparently he has to add foam so yeah doesn't sound like a easy fix. Oh well story of my life so far with this bloody car

#20 _LHSL308_

_LHSL308_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Put the seats in today and they come up nice. Back seat will go in later in the week hopefully and new velour door trims. Here is a pic of the seats and the newly painted heater vent, I am not sure if it goes with the engine bay although there is a few bits and pieces painted the same colour to go in yet. Feel free to add your opinion?

20130402_152430_zps642f9d5e.jpg

20130402_152440_zps3e06fe82.jpg

#21 ribz0

ribz0

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Name:Eric
  • Car:LC Torana & 1975 South African Mini

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Sorry to hear things arent going the way you like Chris... I guess thats the "joy" of keeping these old girls alive.... as Forrest said, "lifes like a box of chocolates" keep at it mate... steady steady....

Cars looking good Wayno... seats look good too... As you said, as long as you are happy with the end result... good work...

Cheers

#22 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Chris - yours is lc?.. the foams arent that difficult, have a look at ribz write up when he fitted his, the back seat bit tricky but if you have the time you can do it.

#23 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

be very careful with some of the ebay covers.the last few sets i've fitted have been an abortion. not nice at all

the poor man pays twice

#24 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Name:Garth
  • Car:UC S̶u̶n̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ 5000!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

be very careful with some of the ebay covers.the last few sets i've fitted have been an abortion. not nice at all

the poor man pays twice

Any particular sellers to stay away from?

#25 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

sorry,didnt ask for the name. i was just told 'ebay covers'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users