#1 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:24 PM

Hi All,

Has been some interest of late in a Cruise/Meet Up for all the Sydney/NSW people and thought i would kick things off with a suggestion of a run down the South Coast to Nth Wollongong. Its just a basic route that is a good little run down south - was thinking a Sunday around mid-late October 15th or 22nd??

Start - Cronulla: Elouera Beach Car Park 9-9.30am for 10am departure

1st Stop - Caltex Servo @ Heathcote on Princes Hwy 10.30-11am

To save people coming up Heathcote Road doubling back on themselves we would enter the National Park at Waterfall rather than Loftus turn off.

- Turn off at Waterfall into National Park, then onto;
- 'The McKell Ave' which meets up with;
- 'Lady Wakehurst Dr ', which then meets;
- 'Lawerence Hargrave Dr' this ends at Thiroull and meets with;
- 'Princes Hwy' which will take us all the way down to North Wollongong.

Finish - North Wollongong @ Stuart Park (pretty big parking area & hangout) - not sure how busy it gets during the day but if its anything like night down there then might be hard to find parking - so someone might suggest another finish point. Either way the ricers wont know what to do with themselves!!!

If anyone has any other suggestions or wants to organise please feel free to post up any ideas. That date is not set in stone so let me know what suits people (i.e. Working, Too Soon, etc)

Cheers,
Mick

#2 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:24 PM

Hey Mick
That sounds awsum mate count me in.

cheers Keith

#3 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:58 PM

Sweet As. So far its -

- LOWS2 (me) + couple mates in their cars including genuine SL/R w/350 chev
- UC COOL
- Keith1962

Come on now all you NSW peeps dont be shy!!!

#4 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:04 AM

Sounds really good mick!

I'm *Finally* getting the monaro fixed, but i dont really know if i'll have it done by the time you guys are planning!

I'd love to come along, but ive got heaps on, and i need to get this thing fixed before i take it anywhere. If the car isnt running i might just tag along in the ford... :cry:

Sounds like a pretty cool cruise.. I reckon it would be good to stop a few places along the way.. Especially bald hill, where the hang gliders take off from. Mmm icecream.. LOL

I wonder if it would be worthwhile stopping at the on the way down.. Damnit i cant think of the name/location... but its near the coal mine area...just the other side of the new bridge i belive! We could stop there for lunch, though its VERY popular and can get really packed!

Otherwise there's a pretty good fish and chips place at the lighthouse in 'gong that we could go to as well..

Just some thoughts!

#5 _jap-xu1_

_jap-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:06 AM

i might gee my brother up to meet you guys in his totally immac and awesome lc gtr.
we come from down south but would probably drive upto syd to join the cruise down

Edited by jap-xu1, 02 September 2006 - 09:07 AM.

#6 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:45 AM

Sounds really good mick!

I'm *Finally* getting the monaro fixed, but i dont really know if i'll have it done by the time you guys are planning!

I'd love to come along, but ive got heaps on, and i need to get this thing fixed before i take it anywhere. If the car isnt running i might just tag along in the ford... :cry:

Sounds like a pretty cool cruise.. I reckon it would be good to stop a few places along the way.. Especially bald hill, where the hang gliders take off from. Mmm icecream.. LOL

I wonder if it would be worthwhile stopping at the on the way down.. Damnit i cant think of the name/location... but its near the coal mine area...just the other side of the new bridge i belive! We could stop there for lunch, though its VERY popular and can get really packed!

Otherwise there's a pretty good fish and chips place at the lighthouse in 'gong that we could go to as well..

Just some thoughts!

Tiny,
i think the place you're thinking of is Austinmer with pub up on the hill??? But yeah a stop at Bald Hill would be cool. Can you give us any date indication of when the Monaro will be back on the road?? Cause i would be fine with holding off till then (just not indefinetly :D ).

jap-xu1,

You guys should definently come up for the cruise, it will be a tops day!

Cheers,
Mick

#7 _jap-xu1_

_jap-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:16 AM

dont stop at a pub but! cause i wont make it home rofl

#8 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:44 AM

hahaah :)

I think your right mate! Austinmer pub is the one i was thinking of!

I wonder if we could/should book a table or something? I went there ( well.. there are two pubs.. but we went to one of them!) with simone, and it was really nice!

I hear what your saying though jap-xu1... WIllpower.. No hang on! You'll have a designated driver! LOL!

Umm as for an ETA on my car... Ive ordered the sump.. was told that that could be 6-8 weeks away at worst!!

Soooo.. that pts me some time in farking november!
But seriously guys, Feel free to organise the day for whenever it suits the majority... IF the monaro is capable or fixed i'll defintiely bring it... Otherwise we'll just have to organise another one!!

Cheers!

#9 _TORANA IN THE BLOOD_

_TORANA IN THE BLOOD_
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:59 PM

Well my hatch is ready an waiting and im in 4sure i will be there without fail just confirm the day an i will cancel any other plans as i no what i will enjoy doin more cruzing with a bunch of toranas put my name to that list i cant wait

#10 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:41 PM

hahaah :)

I think your right mate! Austinmer pub is the one i was thinking of!

I wonder if we could/should book a table or something? I went there ( well.. there are two pubs.. but we went to one of them!) with simone, and it was really nice!

I hear what your saying though jap-xu1... WIllpower.. No hang on! You'll have a designated driver! LOL!

Umm as for an ETA on my car... Ive ordered the sump.. was told that that could be 6-8 weeks away at worst!!

Soooo.. that pts me some time in farking november!
But seriously guys, Feel free to organise the day for whenever it suits the majority... IF the monaro is capable or fixed i'll defintiely bring it... Otherwise we'll just have to organise another one!!

Cheers!

Lol...you guys are lucky im on my P's so not one drop of alcohol at all while i drive, now that's test of will power for another 2 years!!!
I will investigate booking table/s just not sure if they do it there as it seemed a pretty relaxed place.

Date-wise i am thinking the 15th October at this stage unless anyone objects between now and then.

List so far -

LOWS2 (me)
UC COOL
keith1962
Tiny
jap-xu1
TORANA IN THE BLOOD

Cheers,
mick

#11 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:14 PM

Sounds good so far! Lets se i fi can get the car done in time!! ( No promises!!)

#12 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:56 AM

Just found out i cant do the 15th October so 22nd October looks like a go instead, but again if anyone cant make that let us know and we can work something out.

Cheers,
mick

#13 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:08 PM

i would be up for it, but does anyone have any idea how long it would take to get from central coast to the start point? and then from the finish back to central coast.
and also how many Ks it would be roughly (so i can calculate how much money in petrol i will be up for) CHEERS Chris :rockon:

#14 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:47 PM

22nd of october I'm busy!!

#15 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:58 PM

i would be up for it, but does anyone have any idea how long it would take to get from central coast to the start point? and then from the finish back to central coast.
and also how many Ks it would be roughly (so i can calculate how much money in petrol i will be up for) CHEERS Chris :rockon:

Go to Whereis.comand choose the directions option and it maps out your entire journey if you are taking the most comonly used roads, if not then someone else might be able to help. It gives times and km's driven as well so could be helpful.

Tiny, lets push it back to the 29th Oct then i am in no hurry, as i said would rather have as many as possible then be short on numbers.

Cheers,
Mick

#16 _Simmo_

_Simmo_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:22 PM

we cant do the 29th either as the monaro club is having a display at the motor show

#17 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:37 AM

Sunday 5th November???

#18 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:45 AM

I will more than likely be Highly Hung Over on the 5th November as my 22nd Birthday Party will probably be on the night before. But hey.. Choose a date and i will do my best to be there.

Josh

#19 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:37 PM

Ive got a wedding do on the 4/5 but i dont know for sure which day it is (yet.. how slack is that!).

As Josh said, i think just pick a date and we'll try and work in with it 9 5th nov sounds ok so far).. but the dates section of the whiteboard at home is pretty well packed out!!

How's 2007 sound :P

#20 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:46 PM

How about 2007 sounds good as we could cruise on up to
the Kandos street machine show. Which means we leave
on a Friday & return on the Sunday. How does that sound???????????

cheers keith

#21 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:00 PM

Ok executive decision - 5th November 2006 it is.

#22 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:03 PM

Could organise something like that regardless keith!!..

#23 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:09 PM

Good stuff :) I'll addit to the topic subject for ya!!

CHeers!

#24 _keith1962_

_keith1962_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:31 PM

Well i am going with or without the torrie convoy.
Something not be missed

#25 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:41 PM

I will probably meet up with yous at North Gong just to have a talk and see the torries.

Thansk ryan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users