- - - - -

Turbo Torana

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

#251 _brett_32i_

_brett_32i_
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:05 PM

so what was wrong with it?? was it the exhaust?

#252 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

It was just pure coincidence that i got the exhaust done and it didnt go as hard as it had before the exhaust, the exhaust did affect the car and have had that returned to how it was before, im not happy with the new muffler and ive got a "quiet" muffler ordered thats still yet to get fitted,i just wanted to get powercruise out of the way before changing the system again.

The main problem turned out to be gunk that had built up in the injectors,gunk caused by the poor condition of my fuel tank (as i found out later) see pic of my fuel tank below...

uuurrrrh!
Posted Image

The car appeares to make more torque now (now its not starving)

MT

#253 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:59 AM

Below is a link to the video of the Torana's we got to race @ Powercruise...... :spoton:

Torana's @ Powercruise

MT

#254 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

Chewed 'em up and spat 'em out Steve... hahahahaha.

Better my arse into gear and get my footage up !!

#255 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:55 AM

Below is a link to the video of the Torana's we got to race @ Powercruise...... :spoton:

Torana's @ Powercruise

That video is just too funny.

Every one of those guys was 100% positive they were going to blow you into the weeds. LOL when they lose big time!!

The look on the first guys face was a classic.

LOVE your car lots Mumstaxi. The ultimate piss pull :clappin:

#256 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

Just uploaded some videos of my 1/4 mile runs from a test &tune the other night, after the race, the guy in the V8 UC was like, WTF ! have you done to that ?

1/4 Mile videos

Also just (yesterday) uploaded "more powercruise" video footage if anyone even cares, just check out my other videos

MT

#257 _Squarepants_

_Squarepants_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:22 PM

I care!

Good to see some of the footage I took worked out ok. Farken crazy that car of yours Steve! I love it!

Catch up with ya soon to see the rest of it and all the other footage you got that day.

Cheers big ears!

#258 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:01 AM

Excellent work mate, that car is awesome!

#259 _brett_32i_

_brett_32i_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:25 PM

is that track uphill???

#260 _torriechick_

_torriechick_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:34 PM

Totally awesome! :spoton:

#261 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

Catch up with ya soon to see the rest of it and all the other footage you got that day.

Cheers big ears!

We should make a night of it,(big screen,beer,bbq) im sure some of the other guys that went to powercruise would like to come over as well, just need to see if mr-t is allowed to bring his footage over :dontknow:

is that track uphill???

It does go slightly uphill and rolls off just before the finish,i wonder how fast we would go on a flat track ! (ha-ha)

MT

#262 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

^ of course I am allowed Steve !!! I just havnt edited it yet (not that there is much to edit). Just tell me when and I will be there :D

#263 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:46 PM

hey MT i was talking to you at powercruise i had the purple capri and stayed at the dyno cell on saturday night and was talking to you about my RB30/LC project

#264 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:56 AM

Cheers big ears!

We should make a night of it,(big screen,beer,bbq) im sure some of the other guys that went to powercruise would like to come over as well, just need to see if mr-t is allowed to bring his footage over Posted Image

is that track uphill???

It does go slightly uphill and rolls off just before the finish,i wonder how fast we would go on a flat track ! (ha-ha)

MT

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
mums taxi your one very bad man i couldn,t stop pissing myself from laughing ,who would of thought and of all cars as a sleeper a uc mate just read all of your threads what a classic what else can i say LEGEND . Gotta love the look on some of there faces and your mates were lovin it to hey cheers billywest p.s. you comin to toranafest in 2010 in sept

#265 _brett_32i_

_brett_32i_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:08 AM

should come to heathcote so you can run a 'decent' time..

#266 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:36 PM

hey MT i was talking to you at powercruise i had the purple capri and stayed at the dyno cell on saturday night and was talking to you about my RB30/LC project

Hey mate, sorry if i came across a little distracted, all that police activity was a concern at the time.

Don't tell me you slept in the Dyno "man" shed with all the dyno guy's did ya ? i went in there in the morning to see who stole our jar of sugar,and boy, did it stink bad ! :surrenderwave:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
mums taxi your one very bad man i couldn,t stop pissing myself from laughing ,who would of thought and of all cars as a sleeper a uc mate just read all of your threads what a classic what else can i say LEGEND . Gotta love the look on some of there faces and your mates were lovin it to hey cheers billywest p.s. you comin to toranafest in 2010 in sept

Glad you got a laugh out of it mate, yeh most of my mates love to stir people for a bit of a laugh, most victims can see the funny side of getting smoked by a shi77a !

Never thought of going to Toranafest to honest, the car would need paint and a heap of work to be fest worthy,but you never know ?

should come to heathcote so you can run a 'decent' time..

Ha-ha, plus the air would be a lot cooler down there too !

MT

#267 _panthervs_

_panthervs_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:48 PM

how did u get a pic of inside the petrol tank?

#268 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:02 AM

Nah MT i was in my swag beside my car

#269 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:57 AM

Its been along time coming but I've got my footage edited and uploaded.

I hope you enjoy it mate !!

Mum's Taxi at Powercruise 2009

Edited by Big T, 14 November 2009 - 09:58 AM.

#270 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:08 PM

Good stuff Mr-T !

Love the start, great music and editing..... :bowdown:

MT

#271 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

Good stuff Mr-T !

Love the start, great music and editing..... Posted Image

MT

welldone big T good job with the footageand mums taxi what else can i say i pissed myself laughing again welldonePosted Image

#272 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:19 AM

Update time...so the cars been going good, so far still very happy with the move to RB30, best part is, as yet, i haven't had to lay a spanner on the engine (other than to change oil/filter etc) its perfect for a lazy mo-fo like me, as i drive it every week but don't have to do anything. :rockon:

Finally starting to get the bits ready in preparation for a new paint job :clappin: , just got my donor Bonnet back from the soda blasters.

To avoid having to use any bog, i previously had the paint-less dent repair guys remove all the dents from the bonnet, while it still had glossy paint (so they can find all the dents)

I believe the vertical lines visible, are factory manufacturing marks left on the surface of the metal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I must thank Matt from Sodablast Brisbane who was very helpful, he even came and picked up the Bonnet, and took it away to blast, so i didn't even have any of the mess (and was also a lot cheaper than the other guys i phoned)

After the cost of the original Bonnet purchase, dent removal, spot sandblast (to remove small rust on reo) and soda blasting, this bonnet owes me around $400., but im happy to have a dead straight,no rust,no bog,bonnet for my car.....could be a fight if anyone sits on it after its on the car painted tho :shoot: ha-ha !

MT

#273 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

Coulda got a glass one for that!

#274 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

Ha-ha, the "all metal" UC bonnets already bow enough at speed Heath, plus a lot of the aftermarket glass stuff ive seen, never looks near as flat/straight as metal does in my opinion.

Maybe carbon fiber would be good ?

MT

#275 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:40 PM

Oh yeah, you go hard there ricer boi - Carbon Fibre all the way for maximum (or should that be taximum) sikness :tease:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users