• Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

That is a bloody cool car in anyone's language

#553 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:18 PM

Very well built car & well deserved trophy. Congrats Posted ImageI've gained alot of inspiration & ideas from your thread, though i don't think my conversion will be quite as neat as your's. I only just noticed where you mounted the MAP sensor. Think i'll use the same position to mount the one in my Torana. One thing i am doing different is, using an adapter kit, i'm running the coil under the dash. The kit i bought bolts to the firewall & the coil lead plugs onto it, then another plugs on from behind the dash & continues to the coil itself.

#554 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:14 PM

Very well built car & well deserved trophy. Congrats Posted ImageI've gained alot of inspiration & ideas from your thread, though i don't think my conversion will be quite as neat as your's. I only just noticed where you mounted the MAP sensor. Think i'll use the same position to mount the one in my Torana. One thing i am doing different is, using an adapter kit, i'm running the coil under the dash. The kit i bought bolts to the firewall & the coil lead plugs onto it, then another plugs on from behind the dash & continues to the coil itself.

cheers mate! i'd be interested to see how that goes because i have been thinking about relocating it elsewhere too where abouts did u buy the kit from?

Thanks for the other comments guys im getting motivated to do more work on it again!

Ben

#555 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

It was good to meet you (albeit briefly) on Sunday, Ben, and your car looked a million bucks. Love the rear end, the tinted lights look awesome. Congrats on the trophy, definitely well deserved.

Tim

#556 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:50 PM

cheers tim! yeah was good to see you mate :D

#557 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:26 PM

well guys its been a while and a few things have happened

purchased some coilovers off a fellow forum member for the rear so i could get it at the height i wanted and still with good handling sits real nice now and are full adjustable if i need to raise it up or if i feel inclined to lower it more :P

also installed some small fog lights which i mounted down below the bumper inwards so they dont stand out too much they look and work a treat!

heres some pictures anyway
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

i got a bit carried away and wound it a fair way down to start off with haha
Posted Image

and how it sits now
Posted Image'

my next purchase is going to be 330mm brake upgrade which i will be able to get once my tax comes back and also plan on getting a droptank made up with pump and all the efi stuff inbuilt too hopefully

let me know what you guys think

Ben

#558 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

Best damn UC Ive ever seen. :clap:

#559 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

Damn nice looking UC. Love the fronts on them and the tinted tail lights look alot better than standard ones IMO

#560 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:53 PM

Cool, is there some sort of reinforcing from the chassis to the shock mount or do the coilovers just bolt straight in?

#561 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:59 PM

ive pretty much just put these straight in with a little bit of massaging to the body to make them clear better but later on down the track some sort of reinforcement may well be something to look into. i drive the car daily and am yet to have any problems

cheers for the comments guys! i try my best to convince people uc's can look good :P

Ben

#562 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:53 PM

well guys its been a while and a few things have happened

purchased some coilovers off a fellow forum member for the rear so i could get it at the height i wanted and still with good handling sits real nice now and are full adjustable if i need to raise it up or if i feel inclined to lower it more :P

also installed some small fog lights which i mounted down below the bumper inwards so they dont stand out too much they look and work a treat!

heres some pictures anyway
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

i got a bit carried away and wound it a fair way down to start off with haha
Posted Image

and how it sits now
Posted Image'

my next purchase is going to be 330mm brake upgrade which i will be able to get once my tax comes back and also plan on getting a droptank made up with pump and all the efi stuff inbuilt too hopefully

let me know what you guys think

Ben

nice hallett cove mobil. looks the goods. i also seen it down brighton beach last saturday. why did you change the plates?

#563 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

yeah im usually down Brighton and up at Hallets! changed plates cos i got a bit over the other ones had to explain them all the time haha plus i think the white ones suit better might one day get some new custom ones but for now im happy with these

Ben

#564 _brett_32i_

_brett_32i_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

hey ben
ill be over in adelaide (glenelg-lonsdale) from the 15th. should catch up..

#565 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:46 PM

omg the plates were so good! One of the best custom plates I've ever seen!

Those coilovers are awesome, who makes em and how much? hehehe

#566 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:24 PM

yeah im usually down Brighton and up at Hallets! changed plates cos i got a bit over the other ones had to explain them all the time haha plus i think the white ones suit better might one day get some new custom ones but for now im happy with these

Ben

yeah im a halletts boy and went to school at brighton!

#567 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:20 AM

F*ck yeah! That looks great!!!

#568 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:07 PM

omg the plates were so good! One of the best custom plates I've ever seen!

Those coilovers are awesome, who makes em and how much? hehehe

haha i still own the plates for 5yrs so the may well reappear at some stage

The coilovers are koni's as i bought them second hand off a forum member i have no idea how much they are new! but its incredible how much difference they make :P

Ben

dickiep alot of my mates live at hallet cove so im nearly always up there either at the car wash or at macca's haha

#569 _brett_32i_

_brett_32i_
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:36 AM

if any one wants coilovers, then between ben and me we could help you out with part numbers etc.

Bilsteins are around $250 each. other than being a monotube, they have the advantage of being a thicker body that can be grooved to accept coilover sleeves.
coilover sleeve (50id 120long) $50
Lwr seat $40
Lock ring $35
Top hat $60
i got all this from Greg at GSL rallysport - Greg Latham ([email protected])

ben sourced rubbers to suit the location into the shock tower, not sure if he has he part numbers or they were found in the shed.

std top hat needs to be machined to fit the torana tower. or alternatively i can supply a machined top hat for the same price.

#570 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

hey guys its been a while since ive updated anything and a fair few things have changed

I finally got my brake upgrade kit works so well! to finish it off im going to add some bendix ultimate pads and she should be sweet. heres a photo they fill the wheels nicely :)
Posted Image

I then went about moving my battery to the boot! it all fits under the boot floor although i dont have any pics of it in the boot i have one of the engine bay and how much room it freed up. my pod filter can now breath plenty of fresh air
Posted Image

while i was working in the boot i decided to clean it all up to match the rest of the interior
Posted Image

I also bought some blinds for the hatch oh and i also pin striped my tail lights
Posted Image

and finally how it stands at the moment
Posted Image

Would love to know what u guys think so let me know

Ben

#571 _mello92_

_mello92_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:05 AM

mmmmmm, pin stripes go well with the white walls. Very nice touch.

I take it thats a Hoppers brake kit?

#572 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:15 AM

That's a beautiful UC hatch, great work. :spoton:

Love the improvements, looks very classy.

Cheers Mick.

#573 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:24 AM

Tail lights don't look half bad for a UC! You should build an air box for that pod filter now

#574 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:27 AM

Wow! I never noticed this thread before. I haven't read it yet, but I'm gonna start at lunchtime. Nice lookin ride! :)

#575 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

Moar photos

Find a mate who has a DSLR and take it out to an industrial estate to get some nice shots :)

Edited by Heath, 17 June 2010 - 11:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users