- - - - -

UC TORANA HATCH

• Please log in to reply
661 replies to this topic

#601 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:51 PM

well i have sold the Streeters to a good home and invested in something new! i bought them second hand cheap but they needed a decent clean up ive given them a good scrub and heres what it looks like!

Posted Image

ROH Alloy 3 piece Modena's 18x7 and 18x8.5
Federal 225/35/18 front tyres with Yokahama 255/35/18's on the rear

will get some better pictures in due course something different for a while :buttrock:

let me know what u think

#602 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:57 PM

They look like something from a VT crapodore......
I liked the old ones better.
The car still looks good though :)

Edited by Kush, 07 March 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#603 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:02 PM

I'm not really a fan of big wheels but those are a huge step up, everyone has Streeters or the equivalent Coddington/American Racing/whatever

#604 blue308

blue308

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Car:Lx 4 Door , Lx Hatch

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:05 PM

looks killer, did ya keep the torrie stud pattern ? also ya wouldnt kno the backspace or offset of the wheels ?

Thanks Shane

#605 _LX77SL_

_LX77SL_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:06 PM

Holy fuk mate thats the best looking UC. Rims look sick, im very jealous.
Top job mate

Ayden

#606 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:21 PM

haha thanks for the comments guys!

Kush i doubt you would find many "crapodores" with these wheels on haha but cheers

blue308 yep still standard torry pattern/offset/etc bought them off a mate who had a EH? but he had bought them off a guy with a lx they fit perfectly just have to raise the front a tad cos it scrubs a bit.. couldnt tell you the backspace or offset unfortunately its been very well worked out tho

Cheers :burnout:

#607 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:38 AM

nice, suit it perfectly, plus the whitewalls look killer

#608 _uctorry_

_uctorry_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

yep looks f....ken s....t hot
go the mighty UC

#609 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:43 AM

Shit yeah! That looks fantastic!!!

I really like the new wheels! The Brakes behind look good too!

#610 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:55 AM

Haha thanks guys I really love em too I was really worried at first but I think I've pulled them off! Ur right matt the brakes stand out alot more now too!

#611 to fly

to fly

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:57 PM

They look great !! dare to be different, post up a few more pics with a few angles.The stance of your Hatch is perfect.

#612 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:38 PM

heres a new picture different angle

Posted Image

i have raised the front a tad so i can actually turn haha

FYI i am now running AURORA LL SPRINGS in the front & Modified VZ ute superlow springs in the back

Ben

#613 _mumbo_

_mumbo_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

I recon that is prob the 1st UC I have ever like it is very cool

#614 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

Nice one mate. I prefer those wheels to the showheels definitely. You've done a great job and gone right through this car judging by the thread. I really like some of the little details you've added that give it an individual look.

The only problem with having big wheels on a Torana is how much they scrape and grab on the bloody guards. Do you have any problems turning in and out of driveways where theres a bit of a bump? What sort of mods have you made to the front guards?

But yeah good stuff. Love the interior aswell it looks perfect.

#615 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

looks alot more modern with the new wheels! and even better than it did before... go the uc!

#616 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:17 AM

Nice one mate. I prefer those wheels to the showheels definitely. You've done a great job and gone right through this car judging by the thread. I really like some of the little details you've added that give it an individual look.

The only problem with having big wheels on a Torana is how much they scrape and grab on the bloody guards. Do you have any problems turning in and out of driveways where theres a bit of a bump? What sort of mods have you made to the front guards?

Mate to tell you the truth i have very very minimal scrubage.. might brush the front gaurd when doing a fast tight turn.. this car is my daily i park it on the 5th floor of a muilti story carpark every day for work it has no problems turning up the ramps. All gaurds are rolled flat and in the front that lip on the firewall is flatterend down other than that its stock standard. the rear is very tight i havent had mates in the back yet to see what its like tho. and it still handles great!

Its more or less about the wheel offset these were custom made for a torana i guess (got them second hand) and who ever measured them up has done a great job

Cheers for the comments guys

#617 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

Mate to tell you the truth i have very very minimal scrubage.. might brush the front gaurd when doing a fast tight turn.. this car is my daily i park it on the 5th floor of a muilti story carpark every day for work it has no problems turning up the ramps. All gaurds are rolled flat and in the front that lip on the firewall is flatterend down other than that its stock standard. the rear is very tight i havent had mates in the back yet to see what its like tho. and it still handles great!

Its more or less about the wheel offset these were custom made for a torana i guess (got them second hand) and who ever measured them up has done a great job

Cheers for the comments guys

To roll the front guard lips flat did you cut the lip at several points to stop the guard distorting? Did they take any other panel work? It sounds like you've got a pretty well sorted machine

#618 _BAILLIE_

_BAILLIE_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

Looks great with the wheels. :)

18s and whitewalls look too big and the proportions are out of whack, but that's only my view.

Looks scrub-worthy on the rear if you chucked a few ppl in there : )

Every second Commodore around here has ROH wheels. They suit the Torry well though, especially with a bit of dish on them.

#619 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

To roll the front guard lips flat did you cut the lip at several points to stop the guard distorting? Did they take any other panel work? It sounds like you've got a pretty well sorted machine

Nah mate just simple rolling took it to my local tyre shop and they did em for 180 a pair no paint cracking at all..

#620 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

Heres one for the whitewall haters! haha before whitewalls :D

Posted Image

#621 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

The UCs are definitely a better Torana to put bigger wheels on the front of with the different arch shape down the bottom, and the styling is a bit more suited if anything too. Still way too big for me but the car is still ridiculously cool overall so I don't mind :P

#622 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

Looking better than ever, Ben :D Can't wait to cruise with you soon.

I like how you've cropped out the taillights in your avatar :P

Tim

#623 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:59 PM

Hey man, I saw you the other day driving on West Tce to North Tce and drive off toward RAH. Very nice car, love the rear end detailing.
I was unfortunately driving my sisters POS white Celica so I didn't want to wave like a fool.

#624 _UNVSM8_

_UNVSM8_
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:31 AM

Haha tim! Yeah that wasn't on purpose I swear! :P

Smeer thanks mate :D I would have been heading to Uni

Not much to report on the car Planning to take it to mallala raceway in the coming weeks for a track day with some mates which should be fun!

Also it will be retired As my daily at the end of the year and some major changes will slowly begin to take place

Ben

#625 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

Hmm.... Major changes, huh?...... veeeeerry interesting! :)
What have you got in mind? Or is it all secret squirrel ATM?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users