• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#26 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:22 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

The car looks great, I reckon you have done a good job with it.

One thing i wanted to point out was you have mounted the amp upside down on the boot lid.

My understanding is amps need to be mounted upright or or sideways, but mounting them upside down can cause them to cook themselves, because the heat instead of travelling up the headsinks and being disperted in the air, they travel up into the circuit board and cook the componets.

Steve

#27 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

Interesting point, the amp is rarely driven over 1/3 and has a cooling fan that runs alll the time so I hope it's not going to be an issue... thanks for the heads up though I'll keep an eye on it. Cheers. PJ.

#28 kudu

kudu

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Car:LH SL/R 5000

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:30 PM

I think the exterior looks great.(Although I would black out the spoiler and NOT around the light) I am not that keen on the interior, It just looks like to much going on but I can appreciate the amount of work that has gone into it.

#29 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

Any specks on the sterio?

#30 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:26 PM

Yeah the stereo.. is actually a 6 channel cadence amp, Z6000 series I think, the usual 4 channels with the 5th and 6th bridged driving the sub, the roof mounted DVD has reversing camera as well as free to air TV and DVD/CD capabilities, everything has a remote... basically it's kn awesome! The head unit is sony of course with 4 channel outs and sub 2x as well.

I have been known to party in "the garage" as the missus likes to shut the doors and crank the f**ker up!! :gun:

#31 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:39 PM

I think the exterior looks great.(Although I would black out the spoiler and NOT around the light) I am not that keen on the interior, It just looks like to much going on but I can appreciate the amount of work that has gone into it.

Actually, the interior is quite dark when looking at it, not flasy and very business like, I think the flash has made it look a bid bawdy.. also the metallic finish on the paint isnt shown, it looks more like an off red/rust... the digital camera cant capture the true colours of this car, it needs to be seen.. kind of like a pearl.. you cant capture the real nuance of the colours with a digital camera.. Woosh!! PJ!! :D

#32 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:00 AM

Iv seen this car at Toranafest, it really is a nice car. The SS additions really suit it, and the mirrors under the bonnet look great. It is a really nice car, and looks great with my old rear spoiler :tease:

Mitch

#33 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

I really like the interior! The VX SS seats are very comfy seats! How hard was it to mount the rails for the front? What rails did you use?

I have seen pics of this car around the joint, but its great to see you on here now with a project thread!

Love the jerry can in the engine bay too! HAHAHA

#34 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:35 AM

painting around the outer edge of the UC tail lights do help them HEAPS!

Posted Image

That is the arse of my gf's UC, she has done a really good job of taming the big tail lights...

Another thing i have seen others do is paint the orange plastic on the inside black... It tints the lights a bit more and makes them a little more subtle.

#35 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

Iv seen this car at Toranafest, it really is a nice car. The SS additions really suit it, and the mirrors under the bonnet look great. It is a really nice car, and looks great with my old rear spoiler :tease:

Mitch

I might have bought a spoiler off you at some time but the one thats now fitted is a genuine aunger that had never been fitted prior to me getting hold of it... I think it's the 3rd one ive had fitted to the car, It also took 4 UC's to make this one... lots of part swapping. Cheers and thanks for the compliment , PJ.

#36 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:04 PM

I really like the interior! The VX SS seats are very comfy seats! How hard was it to mount the rails for the front? What rails did you use?

I have seen pics of this car around the joint, but its great to see you on here now with a project thread!

Love the jerry can in the engine bay too! HAHAHA

The rails are the standard commodore ones with the torana brackets welded on the bottom, the drivers side is electric. wasnt that difficult to do at all.. the rear is a different story though as I had to take 250mm out of the middle and shift the hangers on the back behind the seat, also the bottom is standard torrie with the upholstery from the vx rear grafted on and sewn to line up with the backrests.

The LPG mixers are going where the jerry can is now.

Cheers.

#37 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:25 PM

i cant tell from the pics that well, but how high are the seats? Or are the commodore rails kind of recessed into the seats like Torana seats are... Ever since i have had my VU SS ute, i have wanted to retro fit its seats to the torana!

#38 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

The seat measures 320mm from the floor to the highest part in the centre at front.

#39 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

This is what a brand spanking new UC sports dash looks like, just put it in today...

Woohoo...

Posted Image

#40 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:36 PM

I sent you up a black, plastic Aunger rear spoiler, brand new, never fitted to a car. Could this have possibly been it, if so its good to see its gone onto a really nice car! :spoton:

#41 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

Yep that's the one, good onya champion... excellent spoiler. Thanks. :clap:

#42 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:24 PM

Oh allright then you talked me into it..

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll give it another coat in the morning.. looks much better though..

Cheers :D PJ.

#43 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:50 PM

Good stuff PJ!

#44 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:04 PM

lots of good work on this car for sure. the interior is very similar to mine in my LC. nothing like getting into a old car with new interior but has the same looks and rumble of an old car. nice one

#45 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:28 PM

lots of good work on this car for sure. the interior is very similar to mine in my LC. nothing like getting into a old car with new interior but has the same looks and rumble of an old car. nice one

Any pics of the inside of yer LC? would like to check it out.. I just bought some VR door map holder / speaker pods and will be fitting them next week, also the electric window winders will be here soon so looking forward to sticking them in as well.. woosh........ PJ..

#46 _dickiep_

_dickiep_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:53 PM

link hope it works

http://www.gmh-toran...4946&hl=dickiep

#47 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:38 AM

I think you have to own one ,to love one. My ideas have changed after my purchase, and if you get in the right position ,the taillights even look good .

#48 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:30 AM

I think one can get used to the tail lights, maybe lol
But I do prefer the LX lights.

Herne

#49 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:05 PM

Heres the struts, thay perform really well actually.. just enough lift to be able to "pop" the boot from inside the car and gently rise to fully open. Theyre from a hyundai getz and bolted straight up after a bit of drilling and umming and arring. Tomorrow I think I'll have a go at installing the remote boot release as it's already a part of the central locking system anyway, just need another actuator.

I'll swap all the fasteners out for stainless ones as usual.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers. PJ :spoton:

#50 _ucongas_

_ucongas_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:04 PM

link hope it works

http://www.gmh-toran...4946&hl=dickiep

No link didnt work, try again champ. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic