GMH-Torana Drag Day at Willowbank

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#51 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:00 AM

BIG T, my LC is in the the video from the QTCC drag day at willowbank at the start of this "Drag day forum article", it only has me doing a burnout, the last time i raced in vic was when i had my old HT monaro "HITMAN" about 10 years ago.
We are a mixed car club with about 6-8 toranas, we are having a committee meeting on monday i'll put towards them & see if there's any interest.

Thanks Wayne, that would be great.

Is yours the Orange LC? I will have the original footage from that video somewhere here. I might have a bit more of your car. I've got some photos as well of an Organge LC that Ive seen out at WB. Reg is NUT-235. Your car?

Cheers,

T

#52 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:19 AM

Ooops I was too late on the edit button. I also noticed a Red Coupe in the video, is that your car Wayne?

#53 _OLC383_

_OLC383_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:45 AM

Ooops I was too late on the edit button. I also noticed a Red Coupe in the video, is that your car Wayne?

G'day Big T, yeah mine is the red LC coupe the orange one belongs to a mate

#54 boblhslr

boblhslr

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

Hi guys would be keen on bringing my torana out to have a couple of runs. Any time is cool feb or march. Keep us all posted.
Thanks

#55 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:28 AM

I have organised some advertising in street cruising magazine for the drag day with the help of Big T. So that should help get some more interest.

#56 _MISS LC_

_MISS LC_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:46 AM

Hi guys you can count me in for a bit of a look see but Im not to sure my oil dripping 202 will hold up for a run lol. If my brothers LC is going by then im sure he will be in too, at the moment his is in pieces but if i tell him that its on it may motivate him to get his arse in to gear, he is a forum member but he does not log on very often. Even if his car is not going im sure we would be there anyway to support every one. Doesnt matter if theres some sort of costing should be fine.

#57 _T0rana_

_T0rana_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:08 PM

are commodores allowed ?? ill be in if i can bring my vl turbo, and nathan would bring his car along to

#58 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2008 - 12:42 PM

G'day Sarsha,

Preferance will be given to Torana's but exceptions will be made for Club\Forum Members non Torana's. This means I get to race the Corolla :D
So yes, you can bring the VL - no dramas there (just dont put the Toranas to shame eh). Would be great to see Nathan doing burnouts on a track for a change :tease:

Stay Cool,

T

#59 Joshua

Joshua

Lotsa Posts!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • Name:Joshua

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:40 PM

G'day Sarsha,

Preferance will be given to Torana's but exceptions will be made for Club\Forum Members non Torana's. This means I get to race the Corolla :D
So yes, you can bring the VL - no dramas there (just dont put the Toranas to shame eh). Would be great to see Nathan doing burnouts on a track for a change :tease:

Stay Cool,

T

Any ideas on a date yet MR T

#60 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:58 PM

27th of March is looking like the best option. Feb is all booked with Bracket Racing and so is April. Although it may not suit everyone, it is looking like the best we can do for that time of year.

#61 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:40 PM

I just looked at the calendar, and it says 28th tiger.
That'll be a no-go for me.

Grant..

#62 Joshua

Joshua

Lotsa Posts!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:07 PM

I just looked at the calendar, and it says 28th tiger.
That'll be a no-go for me.

Grant..

parties are better on Sundays
plus it leaves Saturdays for drag racing

#63 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:01 AM

So, how is the planning for your Drag Day going guys?

#64 Joshua

Joshua

Lotsa Posts!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:06 AM

is this a goer president Tee?

#65 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:27 PM

^ Yeah, still on the cards. Seems to be enough interest to take it to the next step. I will get a tentative booking for late March and find out when payment is required by. So long as we can get the cash organised in time it wont be a drama.

#66 _NSS308_

_NSS308_
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:09 PM

Sounds great guys.A few of the lads on Sunshine coast would be super keen for track day.Bit far away to give definate answer but will keep an eye on things.Cheers Mark

#67 _OLC383_

_OLC383_
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:15 PM

Sounds great guys.A few of the lads on Sunshine coast would be super keen for track day.Bit far away to give definate answer but will keep an eye on things.Cheers Mark

G'day people,
Ive finally got to a club meeting (shift work is a pain) & the classic & musscle car club of Ipswich would like to invite the GMH-Torana forum members to our club drag day at willowbank on the 22nd of november, (sorry for the short notice), we would like all people interested to be at the gate by 1.30 to organise payment before the gates open at 2.00, the cost is $50 to race which will get the driver & 1 crew person in or $20 for spectating.

There is also a test'n'tune on that same afternoon witch all people are welcome to stay & keep racing or watching at no extra cost, for those people interested or have any querries please PM me so i can get an idea of numbers.

Cheers Wayne

#68 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:07 PM

Track has now been booked for 28/03/2009. The next step is collecting the funds so that payment can be made. I will start a new thread with all the details for trophies, payments and attendees. Stay Tuned.

#69 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 07 November 2008 - 02:09 PM

Good work guys! Spewing we havent been able to book our track down here! Hope you get a massive turnout and everyone has a blast!

#70 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

Hey T-man, if for whatever reason there is a shortage of numbers, how about a chance of an invite to a bush car club? I reckon I could russle up 4-6 extra cars from Dalby and westward with about a month or so notice !!

#71 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:18 PM

^ Sounds good man. Get them along anyway. I have had just about enough interest from 30 cars, mostly Toranas but I anticipate several wont be able to make it or will change their minds. If I can get 45 paid competitors, mostly Toranas I will be very happy. What is the club name and contact details and I will post out a formal invite?

#72 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

Cruizers Car Club Dalby, mailing address toward the bottom of the page plus Our Forum.

#73 _evil UC hatch_

_evil UC hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:06 AM

Min wont be able to make it................................unless I can get a bit of a push lol

I am keen to go as a spectator though

#74 boblhslr

boblhslr

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:32 AM

Hi guys you can count me in for the drag day out at willowbank. 4 door LH SLR.
Thanks

#75 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:18 PM

all the boomfunk family will be there..spectating of course, no car ready yet ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users