_NURVUS_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

Count me in aswell big T.

#102 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:16 AM

LX-304 -Nah, you havnt missed it mate. Come along and spectate for sure. Bring a camera or video cam as well if you have one !!

Nurvus - Awesome, I will add you to the list

PRO - 192 - Yep, mobile is sweet. As you know I'm happy to have a yarn :mellow:

#103 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:28 AM

Mr T , i just thought it would help to confirm, for any people who have never raced at the bank, and also so everyone is clear ! (please correct or add any info i miss)

The Date of racing is... Sat 28th March 2009

Location is... Willowbank raceway, Ipswich,QLD http://www.willowbank-raceway.com.au/
Starting time 2pm and we have the track until 4pm (then we can still race with/when the general public is allowed in after 4pm) test and tunes normally close lanes at approx 9.30pm may go to 10-10.30pm approx, depending on entrant numbers.

Cost is "pre-paid" $50, Non refundable (Payable to Big-T ,but admission can be transfered to another person/car with reasonable notice)
Admission includes, 1 Car + Driver/competitor and will get 1 Passenger/spectator in as well for "free" (passengers not allowed to travel in the car when racing on the track itself)

Normal T&T race price is $38 so $50 for a "private 2 hours before as well" is good value, extra "spectator only" is $19, once again giving access to the T&T. Children under 13 are free of charge.

Trophy/s "may" be included/presented ???, but don't clear space above the fire place just yet.

We need at least 30 (but not more than 60 cars/entrants) for this to go ahead (so we don't care if you run a 18 sec 1/4 mile, come have some fun !)

If you wish to RACE,you WILL need to have/bring the following...An Australian Standards approved helmet (sticker on the helmet meeting Aus standards,normally on back) i raced at a T&T on a "8yr old" Aus approved helmet about a month ago (was inspected by willowbank staff)

Long sleeve shirt, long pants (no shorts), covered shoes (no thongs)

You will most likely required to fill out a indemnity form, from experience its better if you bring your own PEN (you wont get one with your form)

Oh ...maybe a change of "underpants" if you have not raced before, but have a lot of HP (ha-ha)

Normal functions of a Test and Tune are operational, Time slips will be available, as will food and drink,Track is prepped,(clean and traction compound added to surface,so you can give it heaps !)

Maybe we can organise a meet/cruise from a well known point before hand ,so that way it will be easy for the people that have not been to the track before to find it Ok ?

Hope this may help or clears things up a bit for anyone previously unsure ?

Oh yeh, im in, and can also confirm a second spot for my mate and his 2j VK.

Mt

#104 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:50 AM

Good work MT !! :spoton:

#105 _NSS308_

_NSS308_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

Great work guys.This should be a fun day. Count me in for sure,plus a couple of extras but will comfirm as we get closer

#106 _308nut_

_308nut_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:58 PM

I would be keen to come and check out some toranas mite bring mine down for a run. :tease:

#107 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

I would be keen to come and check out some toranas mite bring mine down for a run. :tease:

nah, sorry, going by your avitar,your car looks way to "fast" to be allowed ! (ha-ha) :rockon:

Welcome to the forum, love to see your car in action if you can bring it, what numbers have you run so far ? (gotta be in the 9s with that launch)

MT

#108 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

MT,
that car is a beast and likely to send a few home with tails between their legs :P

Kelly says we may have Seth's b/day on the sunday, so we may be good to go - spectators only tho :(

Grant..

#109 _308nut_

_308nut_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

Hi there it has run 9.8 @ 137mph. with my 355 Holden stroker, I have a mates motor in the car at present it's a 330 it's done a 9.95 @133mph in my torana. My 308/355 engine is getting some work done on it at the moment so i will only have the 330 in it for the meeting.

#110 _PRO-192_

_PRO-192_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

what has your vlorana run mt?? or is it a skybird?? lol

micko

#111 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hi there it has run 9.8 @ 137mph. with my 355 Holden stroker, I have a mates motor in the car at present it's a 330 it's done a 9.95 @133mph in my torana. My 308/355 engine is getting some work done on it at the moment so i will only have the 330 in it for the meeting.

Wish i had a mate to lend me a 9sec ENG, bugger you having to settle for "high" 9s, why even bother racing ! :tease:

what has your vlorana run mt?? or is it a skybird?? lol
micko

Ha-ha , not running 100% yet (my street tune) so only gave it 2 runs so far, best ET 12.4, best MPH 114.(plus gotta learn how to drive it @ track)

should be getting it Dyno tuned next week so will be able to run a bit more boost etc, so hoping to crack into 11sec @120, but still in full street trim (so thats on only 175 wide tyres for me)

MT

#112 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:51 AM

hmmm i think im gonna get my ass handed to me all arvo.....oh well see what it runs with a fairly stock 308 before it gets the new engine.

#113 _PRO-192_

_PRO-192_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

ah cool mt, i rang my mate at smp today who is making my manifolds and he told me that having it ready by march wouldnt be any probs lol... (hes had the car for over a year now so im not holding my breath) i think i might just go grab it back and bolt the webers back on... it'll be interesting to see what it looks like as it has been sitting outside for the whole time...

re 308nut... geez how times have changed, i remember when mick varney first cracked a nine second pass, his 700hp sprintcar engined hatch used to do 3' wheel stands upon launch well past the 60' mark... was pretty impressive to watch...

micko

#114 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

Hey Mal when you get your own engine back, maybe ya mate wil lend his to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#115 _308nut_

_308nut_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

I dont think so 'lol' he is putting it back in his commodore soon, he put it my car because he dont want to put a cage in or get a teck on his car. it would be a nice little engine to have laying around. Pallbag it's out of jamies commodore the VC. :spoton:

Edited by 308nut, 09 January 2009 - 09:03 PM.

#116 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

Shiit, sounded nice when I heard it at Dalby last year, sweet looking commodore aswell ... Should have got him to come out to Roma with ya Mal !!

#117 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

Dis - a - one, pic doesnt do it much justice tho.

Posted Image

#118 _rocket_

_rocket_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:14 AM

Cancel me Big T, to close to bathurst.

#119 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:16 AM

bugger !!

#120 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

If you wish to RACE,you WILL need to have/bring the following...An Australian Standards approved helmet (sticker on the helmet meeting Aus standards,normally on back) i raced at a T&T on a "8yr old" Aus approved helmet about a month ago (was inspected by willowbank staff)

[color="#00FFFF"]

My Helmet says AS1698 - is this good enuff ??

#121 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

Yes AS1698 is same as mine and i was able to race.

MT

#122 _OLC383_

_OLC383_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

YES an AS1698 helmet is OK for NON-ANDRA licence holders, all ANDRA licence holders should have updated there helmets buy now or they will be told they cant race.
Wayne
P.S. might even bring the LC out for a skid if im allowed (By the missus)

#123 _waz355_

_waz355_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

YES an AS1698 helmet is OK for NON-ANDRA licence holders, all ANDRA licence holders should have updated there helmets buy now or they will be told they cant race.
Wayne
P.S. might even bring the LC out for a skid if im allowed (By the missus)

Yesterday I ran with an AS1698 helmet at willowbank and they said they will allow it, but from now on all racers must have a helmet with AS/NZS rating. Correct me if I'm wrong but 98% sure thats what they said.

#124 _OLC383_

_OLC383_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:48 AM

OK, i wasnt aware of that, last time i spoke to willowbank managment they were only inforcing it with ANDRA licence holders, maybe they have changed there minds & making everybody update there helmets now, i do know that it was the Australian standards company that brought the new helmet rules in & that ANDRA had to enforce it with there licence holders for insurance purpose's, maybe now it's across the board for everybody.

Wayne

#125 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:25 AM

Ok so ive been in contact with Willowbank staff, and i expressed the need to clarify (in writing to avoid any speculation) the helmet rules with regard to test and tunes.

The responce i recived via email...

"The helmet regulations have changed, any ANDRA licenced holder is to abide by the current ANDRA rule book at any event. At Test'n'Tunes and Street Series events we will be allowing street vehicles (i.e - non ANDRA licence holders) to still use the AS1698 standard helmet."

The Willowbank raceway web site has now been updated with this information today for everyone to read.....yay!

http://www.willowban...x?qstEventID=21

MT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users