- - - - -

Clints LH Project

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

#1 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:51 PM

Hey all, well it has been quite awhile since ive had an update on my lil Project... so thought I would give yas the run down on where it stands atm...

Got my 9" back in, painted, rebushed and Disk Brakes fitted.
New UC Front crossmember, powdercoated, new bushes and Hopper Stoppers brake kit.
And new Cragar SS 15x10" mags on the Rear with 295/50/15's

Just finishing off a couple of things with the crossmember and got a few other things to do then ill be fitting the motor and gear box, then will be sent off to the Auto Electrician for a complete rewire. :D

Its getting closer and closer to being finished, starting to get really excited. Anyway here's a pic, will get some more with the new crossmember etc asap.

Posted Image

-Clint

#2 _the gts_

_the gts_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

NICE

do the 295's fit in the guards or is it tubed or gonna be flared

#3 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:39 AM

looking good, i think you will need to cut the rear guards in the door jamb out a bit more though

#4 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:58 AM

Looking good dude!

Keep us informed/updated with all the latest developments! :)

#5 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:00 AM

Yea the 295's Fit under nicely with Flares... And I was thinking the same thing 2WILD4U, once I finnally get the flares fitted going to have it cut right back to just before the bolt holes...

And Gah goto work saturday and sunday this weekend so wont get much done, but Easter is coming up soon and I get a 5 day break so Should be a good time to make some progress :D

#6 _355lxss_

_355lxss_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:42 AM

what rear disks are you running?

#7 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:00 PM

Commodore

I think Viper should ewrite his how to fit commodore discs article so we can repost it up

#8 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:48 PM

Yep as Datto Said is Commodore Brakes on the rear (VN-VS?), Pretty simple bolt on swap.. I still got that write up written in a txt file at home with the pics so i may repost it up. and YAY got this sunday off now so will hopefully get some work done and take some pics...

#9 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:49 AM

Hmm cant seem to find the edit post button, Anyway here is a pic of my front and back Brakes including the reconned master cylinder :)

Posted Image

-Clint

#10 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:01 AM

You would make a lovely window dresser Viper. Can see you now arranging the underwear models in DJ's ;) joke lol

Nice display mate.

Cheers
Herne

#11 _355lxss_

_355lxss_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:59 PM

hey viper how did you bolt up the commy master cly to the brake booster? doesnt the later cly use angled bolts?

Also are you running the big or small axle bearings with that rear brake setup?

#12 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:56 AM

Dattonman/Neil Put the master cyl on when he reconned my booster for me... Im not 100% sure what he said but think it was the master similar to the A9X ones? Im sure he will tell you what model its from.

As for the axle bearings? ummmm I know there roller taper bearings... Never had much to do with Axle's so not sure if there the big or small type?

Lol Herne, thats the result of being bored And wanting to work on your car but you cant for various reasons...

Edited by Viper, 31 March 2006 - 07:58 AM.

#13 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:29 PM

Hey All, Sorta Bored on a sunday night so thought i may as well post the planned in depth specs for my car.. I have got 90% of the parts just a few things left to buy

Engine:
308 Red with Top End Injected
ACL Race Kit
Balanced And Blueprinted
Flat Top Pistons
VN EFI Heads And EFI Manifold
Double Row Timing Chain
Gilmer Belt Drive
MSD 6AL Ignition
Pacemaker Extractors
Twin 2.5" Exhaust

Driveline:
TH700, Stage 2 Shift kit 2500 Hi-stall, B&M Megashifter
Ford 9" LSD Diff, 3.7 Gears, 31 Spline Axels

Suspension:
Reconditioned UC Front Crossmember, Powdercoated Gloss black
New Noltec Soft ride bushes all round
Koni Adjustable Suspension
Lowerd King Springs

Brakes:
Hopper Stoppers Front Brake Kit 290mm Slotted/Ventilated Discs with 2-Spot calipers.
Reconditioned Commodore Rear Disc Brakes
Braided Brake Lines

Body:
2-Pak Windsor Blue Paint with Tuxedo Black, Blackouts
A9X Scoop, A9X Flares and Front Spoiler
Chopped Guards

Yea thats about it i guess? Will be re-doing the interior also and have OBX Racing Seats for the Front, As well as Electric Windows and Central Locking and Alpine Stereo...

-Clint

#14 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:57 PM

Hey everyone, hah well my project has been proceeding excruciatingly slowly haha but thats due to me working up north for the last 6 months and also cos my Daily driver has turned into abit of a project in itself! But ALAS there is SOME progress :D

since I been working up north n earning the Big bucks haha I decided to take it to Extreme Performance and throw some money at it and get the thing going :D

Here's a Couple O Pics :D

On its way to the workshop
Posted Image

Custom Brake Lines
Posted Image
Posted Image

Had The Extractors Coated
Posted Image

Old Hole For Manual Shifter Patched & Megashifter Fitted
Posted Image

Thats about it for now, OH some will know the 308 I had built turned out to be junk... so I bought a complete VS 304 and will be building a Tuff 355 :D should be a beast... Forged internals, 4-bolt mains, Ported EFI heads, Solid Cam mmm cant wait!

-Clint

#15 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:39 PM

w0o0o0o0o0o0 :party:

lol I hadn't even seen the update at the top of this page (a year ago!). I thought you hadn't touched it in two years bwahahahaha.

Now you will have to update at least once a fortnight :P

Will you have a console around that shifter?

#16 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:51 PM

lol wow it was over a year ago Geez well as I Said its been going REALLY slow... But motor should be ready in a few weeks and will be going in.. and Yep will have a modified Centre console around the shifter :)

#17 _BoltZ_

_BoltZ_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:50 PM

Looking bloody fantastic there Clint... wish my brakes were that big!

#18 _Azza_

_Azza_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:04 PM

Looking good mate, love the colour :D

#19 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:09 PM

They can be my friend...... they can be

:)

#20 _BoltZ_

_BoltZ_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:12 PM

They can be my friend...... they can be

:)

Hmmmm....

I'll get back to you on that once this engine business is sorted! :spoton:

#21 _TJ253_

_TJ253_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:31 AM

Nice torana looks tuff

#22 _lj chev_

_lj chev_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:55 PM

nice lh!
i would like to hear about how you adapted the commodore brakes to 9 inch.

#23 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

I had Holden ends welded on my 9" Diff and it was originally running HQ Drums, It was pretty much a bolt on swap to fit the VN-VS Discs just needed the full brake setup from a como and Disc brake seals pressed onto the axels... if you need more info pm me :)

#24 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

LOL been almost 2 years since my last update!!! many people have said why Dont I just sell it but I knew I would get around to it one day :D

Hmm since then I got a Strong 355 built by Dave at Extreme Performance specs as follows (from top of my head sorry)

Holden VT 304 Block
Converted to 4-bolt mains with ARP Main studs
Eagle 355 Stroker crank
Forged Rods and Pistons (off top of my head think they were Scat Rods and SRP Pistons?)
Hi-Energy Sump
Crane Solid 280-2 Cam
VN Heads, 245cfm @ .600" Intake, 187cfm @ .600 Exhaust, Bigger valves, Yella Terra roller rockers, ARP Head Studs
Harrop Single Plane Intake
MSD Billet Throttle Body
MSD 6AL, Blaster coil, MSD Leads and Billet Dizzy
Gilmer Belt Drive
PaceMaker Extractors
Other bits and peices I cant remember
Posted Image

So that was built and fitted then Sat at my place for quite awhile again hehe.

Finally picked up a TH350 Box, had it rebuilt and strenghtned with shiftkit and hi-stall.
Also got new brake lines fitted & Fitted a modified handbrake cable for the VN rear brakes
Twin 2.5" Exhaust fitted
Tailshaft modified/balanced/fitted
Posted Image

Posted Image

Some may have noticed it has a Carby fitted in the previous pic and not the MSD Throttle body... Its going to be running on Straight Gas Injection but its been recommended to run the motor in on petrol which Ill have to use Racing fuel as it has just over 11:1 compression to suit the Gas so a tempory fuel system has been setup using a boat fuel tank temporarily mounted in the boot and a Carter lift pump under the car...

The car will be run in on a Chassis dyno with the Carby/Petrol and then Send to RAGE Racing where the EFI Gas conversion will be done :D

Here's a pic of the Boat Fuel tank :)
Posted Image

Car will be sent to Steve's Paint Studio next after being recommended by Nathan/2Wild4U to have the guards chopped out to the max and the Flares/front spoiler and A9X bonnet scoop fitted as well as line up all the doors + panels...

Then to a sparky (anyone recommend someone in Perth?) to get the whole car re-wired and hidden as much as possible Then Upholstery and Gas conversion then down to the track :D

Haha see yas again in another year ;) or hopefully ALOT sooner

Edited by Viper, 27 January 2009 - 06:43 PM.

#25 marko1au

marko1au

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Car:LX sadan

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

Hi Viper re: handbrake setup, do you plan on using the original foot hand brake or upgrading to a hand brake between the seats, if you choose the latter i would be very interested on how you go about it. I also have 9" rear with vs commodore rear disks all set with the cables from a sedan but have not gone any further as yet (other things to do first )
if you can please keep me imformed.

mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users