Wish List

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#26 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 12:52 PM

How about the 6 x rubber cup/grommet thingy's that go under the windscreen cowl stubs on LH (hope that all makes sense), are these avail?

Mick is correct they are part number 2823932 and I am sure I have seen them somewhere or at least something that looks very close. Are they made of rubber or plastic and does anyone have a sample
Les

Where do you want me to send the sample to?

#27 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:12 PM

Les

looks like You have your sample^^^^^

And yes, they are made of plastic.

cheers
Mick

#28 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:15 PM

LEs

years ago, you guys had the LH/ LX Grilles, but without the "chrome" strip. Any chance of getting the Grilles with the strip remade??

cheers
Mick.

#29 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:25 PM

How about the 6 x rubber cup/grommet thingy's that go under the windscreen cowl stubs on LH (hope that all makes sense), are these avail?

Mick is correct they are part number 2823932 and I am sure I have seen them somewhere or at least something that looks very close. Are they made of rubber or plastic and does anyone have a sample
Les

Chopper thanks could I get 2 samples, they can be sent to
Les McVeigh
C/O RSP
PO Box 10 Somerton MDC
Vic 3062

#30 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:35 PM

LEs

years ago, you guys had the LH/ LX Grilles, but without the "chrome" strip. Any chance of getting the Grilles with the strip remade??

cheers
Mick.

Mick
It�s something we would love to do, but unfortunately it comes down to cost. Not only is the grille tooling expensive so is the chrome, if we could make chrome mouldings economically the first ones would be HQ Monaro wind screen followed by roof gutter for most models and then wheel arch. I will put them on the list you never know, a few years ago we would not have thought that one day we would be making GTS mirrors and a lot of the other parts we make.
Les

#31 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 06 May 2006 - 05:23 PM

Les I am after an interior light surround and lense for a LX hatch
I know you do the lense
It has been suggested that the base Commodores VB-VH had the same surround as the Torana
Any chance you can confirm ?
I stuffed my surround pulling it off to get the hoodlining out....... it was in sad nick anyway.
I'd like to replace the whole unit when the cars painted and put back together

#32 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:02 PM

Les I am after an interior light surround and lense for a LX hatch
I know you do the lense
It has been suggested that the base Commodores VB-VH had the same surround as the Torana
Any chance you can confirm ?
I stuffed my surround pulling it off to get the hoodlining out....... it was in sad nick anyway.
I'd like to replace the whole unit when the cars painted and put back together

I believe the lenses to be the same as the description on my computer says Torana and Commodore, unfortunately I do not have a Commodore book at home to check the surround, ask the question on Fastlane http://www.fastlane.com.au someone there may know
Les

#33 jpxu1

jpxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 10:48 PM

Hi Les,
There has been comment that some of the items on peoples wish lists probably aren't commercially viable to do.

Presumably there are parts where all the homework is done on whether the part can be reproduced and then the numbers crunched and the decision made not to proceed due to anticipated ratios of unit sales/unit cost being unrealistic.

However if you watch eBay auctions consistantly, there are plenty of occasions where very unrealistic prices are paid for unobtainable/rare items - and there are plenty of bidders fighting to be the winner and part with their hard earned cash!

It would be good if some mechanism could be worked out whereby any part that falls into the category of not to proceed, could have a 'this is the case' scenario put to the buyers (us) to see whether there were enough people still interested to pay a higher price to get the item. Maybe a limited run could still eventuate on a firm order/pay in advance basis.

Obviously if a limited run on an item did eventuate it would mean the tooling would have been done and the ability to continue to make the item at a cheaper price would exist. This would give rise to the problem of does a person jump in early and pay a premium to get the item early or sit back and wait and possibly still end up getting the item on the 2nd production run at a cheaper price. I'm sure with a bit of thought some solutions could be suggested. One that springs to mind (and I haven't given much thought to it!) is still retain the inflated price and have a kick back donation to member clubs.

Well there's another can of worms opened and my two cents worth - shame I've got little else to do on a Saturday night!

Cheers,

jpxu1 :D

#34 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:49 PM

Hi Les,
There has been comment that some of the items on peoples wish lists probably aren't commercially viable to do.

Presumably there are parts where all the homework is done on whether the part can be reproduced and then the numbers crunched and the decision made not to proceed due to anticipated ratios of unit sales/unit cost being unrealistic.

However if you watch eBay auctions consistantly, there are plenty of occasions where very unrealistic prices are paid for unobtainable/rare items - and there are plenty of bidders fighting to be the winner and part with their hard earned cash!

It would be good if some mechanism could be worked out whereby any part that falls into the category of not to proceed, could have a 'this is the case' scenario put to the buyers (us) to see whether there were enough people still interested to pay a higher price to get the item. Maybe a limited run could still eventuate on a firm order/pay in advance basis.

Obviously if a limited run on an item did eventuate it would mean the tooling would have been done and the ability to continue to make the item at a cheaper price would exist. This would give rise to the problem of does a person jump in early and pay a premium to get the item early or sit back and wait and possibly still end up getting the item on the 2nd production run at a cheaper price. I'm sure with a bit of thought some solutions could be suggested. One that springs to mind (and I haven't given much thought to it!) is still retain the inflated price and have a kick back donation to member clubs.

Well there's another can of worms opened and my two cents worth - shame I've got little else to do on a Saturday night!

Cheers,

jpxu1 :D

jpxu1

That is an interesting proposition but it is not the way we like to work, we would be in fact penalising the very people that helped us make the parts, our customers, and customer to us are the most important people for our company to prosper. We have in the passed offered deals on products that are marginal but at a cheaper rate and it�s worked in most cases, if we can get a small immediate return on investment and a return over future years we usually proceed
Les

#35 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:04 PM

Les

Chopper thanks could I get 2 samples, they can be sent to
Les McVeigh
C/O RSP
PO Box 10 Somerton MDC
Vic 3062

No problem. Just need to locate a 50 cent stamp and they are on their way.

With the LH - UC battery tray, I will be unpicking mine at the factory spot welds. Is it possible to make them so they can be replaced that way for those of us who are super fussy about things? In reality, it would only require a small amount of extra metal, which could easily be trimmed off for those only requiring a patch. BTW, I have a sample for the battery tray as well. Don't expect me to post that.

#36 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:23 PM

With the LH - UC battery tray, I will be unpicking mine at the factory spot welds. Is it possible to make them so they can be replaced that way for those of us who are super fussy about things? In reality, it would only require a small amount of extra metal, which could easily be trimmed off for those only requiring a patch. BTW, I have a sample for the battery tray as well. Don't expect me to post that.

Chopper
I am not familiar with the battery tray but I have been told that we may need to make the piece under it. We will have to look at a car and see what is needed
Les

#37 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:01 PM

My only wish.........the cotter pin removal tool for steering couplings.
Would pay up to $100 to get one.

#38 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:09 PM

Chopper
I am not familiar with the battery tray but I have been told that we may need to make the piece under it. We will have to look at a car and see what is needed
Les

I have a sample with the section of chassis rail still connected. Do you want me to drop it into the warehose reception @ Campbellfield marked ATT: Les along with the other bits? I'm a courier, so I get up that way a few times a week.

#39 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:10 PM

I use a brick and a hammer. Does the job and the parts are still useable afterwards.

#40 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:46 PM

We looked at that and put it on the back burner and forgot about I will put it on the wish list and see what happens
Les

#41 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:55 PM

I have a sample with the section of chassis rail still connected. Do you want me to drop it into the warehose reception @ Campbellfield marked ATT: Les along with the other bits? I'm a courier, so I get up that way a few times a week.

Chopper
That would be great, ask for me and I will show you around, not Monday or Friday as I am not usually in or Wednesday between 11am and 3pm as I am in meetings . Tuesdays and Thursday are usually fine or you can ring me on 93054000 and we can work something out
Les

#42 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:46 AM

I use a brick and a hammer. Does the job and the parts are still useable afterwards.

If anyone has a technique that doesnt involve brute force to remove the pins from a tight space on a car , ie swinging a sledge hammer etc..........ive tried everything in that regard......then please post..........
Ive also tried using heavy duty G clamps and only ended up bending the clamp.

Edited by devilsadvocate, 10 May 2006 - 05:48 AM.

#43 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:34 PM

Chopper
That would be great, ask for me and I will show you around, not Monday or Friday as I am not usually in or Wednesday between 11am and 3pm as I am in meetings . Tuesdays and Thursday are usually fine or you can ring me on 93054000 and we can work something out
Les

I could be sent to any part of Melbourne at any time, so an appointment would be impossible to make. I shall keep the parts in the van and hope for the best.

#44 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:13 PM

Hi Les just an idea on the LC/LJ 2 door door skins, which i brought up earlier, would it be more economical to make a one piece/one length door skin, that is enough for 4 door LC/LJ, intead of two pieces for a four door have it one length,(front to back door), this means it can be cut to length by the purchaser for a 2 door and cut in half approx for a 4 door. The back half can be used as a repair panel for a 2 door quarter panel also.
What do you think??
Kind regards

#45 Toranamat69

Toranamat69

Forum R&D Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:42 PM

What's the big drama? - if you want to make one like the one shown in the GM workshop manual, it would be dead easy.

A chunk of steel, a drill, a tap, a high tensile bolt and access to a mill is about all you'd need. (you could probably even use the old supercheap angle grinder if you were patient and had nothing better to do)

We're not talking rocket science here.

M@

#46 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:24 PM

I find your post ^ very offensive toranamat69 and not particularly helpful.
I dont have any experience in tool making or access to a machine shop, so yes....rocket science its not......but its a 'drama' for me not being able to replace any of the couplings on my torries.
Perhaps someone might like to take up my offer of $100 to supply me with the genuine tool or equivalent or suggest a toolmaking shop that could do it for me.

#47 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:44 AM

Hi Les just an idea on the LC/LJ 2 door door skins, which i brought up earlier, would it be more economical to make a one piece/one length door skin, that is enough for 4 door LC/LJ, intead of two pieces for a four door have it one length,(front to back door), this means it can be cut to length by the purchaser for a 2 door and cut in half approx for a 4 door. The back half can be used as a repair panel for a 2 door quarter panel also.
What do you think??
Kind regards

Bart
Interesting idea but it would cause a lot less drama if we made the 4 door and the 2 door skins separately. I did forget to mention that we do have lower door skin repair sections for both 4 door and 2 door
Les

#48 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:34 PM

Hi Les just an idea on the LC/LJ 2 door door skins, which i brought up earlier, would it be more economical to make a one piece/one length door skin, that is enough for 4 door LC/LJ, intead of two pieces for a four door have it one length,(front to back door),  this means it can be cut to length by the purchaser for a 2 door and cut in half approx for a 4 door. The back half can be used as a repair panel for a 2 door quarter panel also.
What do you think??
Kind regards

Bart
Interesting idea but it would cause a lot less drama if we made the 4 door and the 2 door skins separately. I did forget to mention that we do have lower door skin repair sections for both 4 door and 2 door
Les

Yeah i was aware of the door repair sections i must say they are great, but as i mentioned before if the whole door skin is rooted, ie bog/rust a full door skin would be nice, anyway see what you can do i have confidence in your abilities, unfortunatly it depends on demand/amount for the skin ay.
Kind regards :spoton:

#49 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:56 PM

Les, did you go ahead with the plastic battery trays that you brought out to that criuse last year?
As toranamat69 said, anyone with half an idea could make a cotterpin removal tool, i just did it with a hammer and a brick, and thats with a V8 in the way.
Les, did you go ahead with the plastic battery trays that you brought out to that criuse last year?

#50 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:39 PM

As toranamat69 said, anyone with half an idea could make a cotterpin removal tool, i just did it with a hammer and a brick, and thats with a V8 in the way.

Yes we did part number 9933264

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users