Wish List

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#76 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:26 PM

G'day Les, how about a run of the full color, illustrated parts catalogue you had at the FastLane member's night??
And any idea what's happening with the 30yr promo dvd's? Was promised one ages ago and Leith isn't returning my e-mails... Grrr....

Dick

Dick
The DVD�s are a no go legal reasons. Cya at Roxy Park.
Les

#77 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:13 PM

Les, I finally was sent in the Campbellfield area this afternoon. I left the samples with somebody at reception and told them they are bits you requested.

#78 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:14 PM

Les, I finally was sent in the Campbellfield area this afternoon. I left the samples with somebody at reception and told them they are bits you requested.

Thanks Chopper I had a doctor�s appointment today, Next time you are around the area drop in and I will show you around
Les

#79 _Swampy_

_Swampy_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:05 AM

I desperately need a Choke Knob (not cable) for my UC. Any chance?

#80 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:27 PM

Swampy
The knob is part of the choke cable and not a separate part, if you are desperate and do not care about originality you could cut down a bonnet cable. We do have plans to make choke and bonnet cables for Torana�s but a few months away (possibly 9 mths)

#81 _Swampy_

_Swampy_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:57 PM

Swampy
The knob is part of the choke cable and not a separate part, if you are desperate and do not care about originality you could cut down a bonnet cable. We do have plans to make choke and bonnet cables for Torana�s but a few months away (possibly 9 mths)

I've coped since I've had it so another year won't hurt. Put me down for one.

#82 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:37 PM

Les, what about the clear plastic lenses for the instruments in, well, everything from LC/LJ, LH/LX, HK/T/G etc? I know a few of mine are old and scratched.

#83 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:31 PM

^that would be a good seller, I'm up for 3 to suit a LH-X. and I could probably supply some if you need some to make them

#84 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:55 PM

Les, what about the clear plastic lenses for the instruments in, well, everything from LC/LJ, LH/LX, HK/T/G etc? I know a few of mine are old and scratched.

Just a few questions on the lenses
Are they all plastic or is the XU-1 oil/temp glass?
Are the LH LX ones the same?
Is there a call for the warning lamp lenses like brake hi beam?

#85 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:10 PM

I'm going to be doing a custom dash very shortly, and i'd like to be able to get some lenses or something that shows the icons for the different areas of the vehicle.

It's not something ive looked in to yet, but if there was something available i'd say i'd buy some!

Cheers

#86 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:14 PM

I'm going to be doing a custom dash very shortly, and i'd like to be able to get some lenses or something that shows the icons for the different areas of the vehicle.

It's not something ive looked in to yet, but if there was something available i'd say i'd buy some!

Cheers

Sorry Tiny
We are only interested in original type lenses, genuine Rare Spares, I like that might use it in our advertising

#87 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:37 PM

Hi les what about lc-lj wheel trims i know the hq ones arent doing so well but i think the lc-lj ones would sell like hot cakes

#88 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:12 PM

Hi les what about lc-lj wheel trims i know the hq ones arent doing so well but i think the lc-lj ones would sell like hot cakes

try http://www.gmh-toran...?showtopic=4925

#89 antelopeslr5000

antelopeslr5000

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Car:1977 LX SL/R 5000

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:10 PM

Hi Les,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but I was thinking of something that would be fairly easy to re-produce and you'd might sell a few.

The decal for the demister switch in the LX Torana. Most that I've seen are faded and are in pretty average condition. Also you might consider the decals for the power antenna and driving lights switch.

#90 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:30 PM

antelopeslr5000

do you mean these..

Posted Image

I already do them..

PM me if you are interested

cheers
Mick

#91 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:16 PM

Just a few questions on the lenses
Are they all plastic or is the XU-1 oil/temp glass?
Are the LH LX ones the same?
Is there a call for the warning lamp lenses like brake hi beam?

It would be for the three identical plastic lenses on the LH/LX range - one each for (1) speedo, (2) blank/clock/tacho, and (3) fuel gauge/combined gauges. Where fitted, the clock one has a small hole in it, but this can be drilled if required by the purchaser. For the LCLJ/TA range, two identical ones in the LC/LJ dash, for (1) speedo and (2) tacho/fuel gage + idiot lights. In other words, one style for all LH/LX, with three needed per dash, and one style for LC/LJ/TA with two needed per dash. I reckon they would sell well.

The oil/fuel/temp/amp gauge in the GTR dashes have integral glass lenses which can't easily be removed, which I don't think would be a high volume seller. Ditto for the high beam/brake lenses - not a high volume seller.

#92 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:56 PM

I have put them on the list and we will see what happens.

#93 _dannylxss_

_dannylxss_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:04 PM

hay les how about lc tail light lens i think they will sell great as good ones are very hard to find cheers :spoton:

#94 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:37 PM

hay les how about lc tail light lens i think they will sell great as good ones are very hard to find cheers :spoton:

We have been down the road and they were decline due to lack of interest and high costs

#95 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:59 PM

Hi les i remember reading in a post when i asked you about the lc-lj gtr wheel trims you said someone else had the rights have they made them or are you still looking at making them im hanging out bad man

#96 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:41 AM

Hi les i remember reading in a post when i asked you about the lc-lj gtr wheel trims you said someone else had the rights have they made them or are you still looking at making them im hanging out bad man

Last I heard they where a couple of weeks away but I have heard that for months now. We do not want to make them until we are sure that no one else is making them so yes at this stage we are still hanging out.

#97 goxu1

goxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:4/73 Cyan Metallic GTR XU-1

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:25 PM

Hi Les
You mentioneda while ago that you were going to put up some sample pics. Did this happen ?
Paul

#98 _HB1200_

_HB1200_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:35 AM

Hi Les,

The manual winscreen washer pumps from HB, LC, and LJ often die as the small rubber parts inside (valves?) perish. There are two types of pump that I have seen, The one that can be pulled apart has Holden Part No. 2818768. Both pumps were manufactured by Trico. If you could make a service kit for these pumps that would be great.

I haven't found a source for new pumps and/or kits yet but if anyone out there knows of someone doing repair kits, let me know and if so, Les please ignore this request.

HB1200

#99 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:09 PM

Hi Les,

The manual winscreen washer pumps from HB, LC, and LJ often die as the small rubber parts inside (valves?) perish. There are two types of pump that I have seen, The one that can be pulled apart has Holden Part No. 2818768. Both pumps were manufactured by Trico. If you could make a service kit for these pumps that would be great.

I haven't found a source for new pumps and/or kits yet but if anyone out there knows of someone doing repair kits, let me know and if so, Les please ignore this request.

HB1200

That shouldn�t be to hard to do I will put it on the list

#100 _Torana/Fan_

_Torana/Fan_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:44 PM

We have been down the road and they were decline due to lack of interest and high costs

Thats a shame as a good set just sold on ebay for $240 :cry:

Im sure people would buy them :D

Ash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users