76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:27 AM

Just a question about the UC that had the int. wipers fitted , was the int. function a "switched" position on the stalk that enabled the
int. wiper function to work rather than the spring loaded one shot on the others ?...or did they use the same one shot spring loaded switch to trigger some sort of latchable circuit that was then de-latched by doing the same as if to turn the int. on again ?

Someone will tell me if I'm wrong but pretty sure its the same as early Commodore - the stalk has nothing to do with it. You switch the intermittent on and off (and adjust the delay) with the separate knob. You still switch them on full time using the stalk (or whatever normal switch) whether the intermittent is on or off.

#27 Bigfella237

Bigfella237

Socially Distant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:(s) not as many as I'd like but more than I've got space for!

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:40 AM

Basically I think the intermittent box just injects momentary power into the low speed wiper circuit, just long enough to trigger a sweep and then lets the motor park itself.

I've never used a Torana one but the intermittent wipers in a HZ I had years ago worked completely independent of the main wiper switch, you turn the system on with the first click of the knob and then adjust the frequency from there. The early Commodore ones are the same in operation.

#28 axistr

axistr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:27 AM

I just used a UC wiper dwell system, I also use the UC blinker only to have the headlight dipper at hand rather than on the floor and run decent HI & Low headlight relay circuits,  

The intermittent system doesn't run or operated through this stalk switch. The unit only has four wires to connect. power wire, earth and in & out for the wiper motor intermittent feed. I cut and joined the in & out wiper dwell wires to the high speed circuit so it will do a quick sweep or you can hook it up on low speed if desired. I put the dwell switch in the hatch console and look factory fitted.

Edited by axistr, 11 July 2015 - 09:28 AM.

#29 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

Well its all done and working.

Its a very easy installation process that should you take around 15 to 20 minutes, it took me around 40 minutes tho only because I thought you needed the wiper on low speed for it to work but then realised its totally separate from your main wiper switch and just works off the dial.

I located my dial switch where the choke cable would go as I have an auto choke set up on my Hatch.

Again thanks for everyone's input on this subject.

cheers Dane

Edited by sunburst73-xu1, 11 July 2015 - 01:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users