Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:49 AM

I'm not the one making a point either, I'm simply using the correct terminology, and am incorrectly being told I'm wrong by others.

Ian, Byron's quote here ^, is the way I have been seeing this argument all along. My opinion is that he is right and a lot of people are incorrect. (I can't use the word "wrong " here)

You are both valuable members of this community and it would be a real shame if either of you disappeared.

#52 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,539 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:02 AM

Not sure what that image is all about, shows all cars as 1900 and the same Monaro 3 times, which is the only Holden car there. The 5-10 Fords there aren't Holdens either. The rest are either Holden branded or a facsimile of the real car.

Looks to me like the wall chart actually has 1000 (in reference to 1000km) below each picture not 1900. The 1972 LJ XU1 win pictured is incorrect, it should have 500 (miles) or 804km.

#53 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:21 PM

Ian, Byron's quote here ^, is the way I have been seeing this argument all along. My opinion is that he is right and a lot of people are incorrect. (I can't use the word "wrong " here)

You are both valuable members of this community and it would be a real shame if either of you disappeared.

Cheer's Laurie....  Yes I agree with most of that too.   But not the part where it says "he is being told he is wrong by others"    I don't believe people are telling Byron he is wrong..     I am just saying that his way of thinking is not the only way of looking at the topic...  Sure some cars had HOLDEN written on them, and others have a Lion logo instead..  But the Lion logo is all that needs to be associated with a vehicle to identify it as a Holden, always has always will.....

And to me,   just to add a little more....  I believe the only correct name of a car called Holden, was the 48/215, because it's only name given was the "Holden"   everything after that was identified by more than just "Holden"    As in FJ Holden in 1953, FB, EK , HR, HZ.. ect..   

But I definitely concede that after HZ, things did change a bit in how we describe a Holden..  before then, I believe most would say "a HR Holden Premier". or "a HZ Kingswood Wagon.    And after that I believe most would describe a Commodore as a VB Commodore S, SLE ect. or Commodore SS,  and not state the Holden name as such..    

So while not saying i'm right, I just don't see what is wrong with calling Australian made GM-H products Holden's??  sure a fridge might push the term,   :) 

I'm not trying to change history, I just have my views on the way I see things......  

PS....  Laurie,   I am not going anywhere (unless you know something I don't)   :)     It's a discussion, nothing more ........    getting cranky doesn't prove anything....  cheers Ian..  Holden fan for 50 years ........  :spoton: 

#54 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,123 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:26 PM

No offence Ian but how about given it a rest for a while hey i for one am sick of this stupid arguement
seriously get on life ffs
not saying your wrong either

#55 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:30 PM

No offence taken Gene....   I respect your opinion on this,  as I do everyone elses..   people can make there own minds up in the end..      I know what I choose to believe are Holden's..   The rest of you will too.....   

I have owned many Holden's, Kingswoods, Premier, Berlina, Acclaim, LX Torana, LJ Torana, HX 1 tonner........    And to me, They were all Holden's, and I loved everyone of them...  Well the VL Berlina had a few problems ...

Alternatively.........   You could choose not to look at the thread......   just a thought..   :)

#56 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:48 PM

Jeez, I just found this........   1969 Holden Monaro  GTS Bathurst HT ..........  link  https://www.carsales...3/?Cr=2         Any thoughts welcome.........................   anyone's ..  :Buddy: 

cp5687462441684196699.jpg?aspect=FitWith

#57 RallyRed

RallyRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC GTR etc

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

Hi,

No argument here....but still finding interesting stuff in this thread....lots of stuff  I'd never thought of..

What do you reckon regarding this doco (admittedly from sales). i.e. Holden Vcar

It was from mid 1978 getting ready for the ""un-named"" yet, Commodore ( probably named, but secret).

Attached Files

#58 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:07 AM

Cheers Col....   I find it interesting too....        I also found this really interesting..    Hope you do too .. 

I will paste the whole thing, sorry but it's not crazy long..... :<_<:  

List of Holden vehicles
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
30px-Commons-logo.svg.png Wikimedia Commons has media related to Holden vehicles.

Holden, officially GM Holden Ltd is the Australian subsidiary of General Motors (GM), the world’s second largest automaker.[1] Since its automotive beginnings, Holden has offered a range of locally manufactured vehicles, either of their own or foreign design. Imported vehicles from within GM have supplemented these Australian-made cars, providing Holden with a full range of models. In the past, third party automakers have fulfilled this responsibility.

Holden vehicles by nameplate[edit]
For a more comprehensive list, see List of Holden vehicles by nameplate.

Since Holden’s inception as an autonomous automaker (within GM), the vast majority of their vehicles have been designated a nameplate, for example, the Holden Kingswood and Holden Commodore, with "Kingswood" and "Commodore" representative of this. The exceptions to this trend are the 48-215 series "Holden sedan" (1948–1953), the Holden Standard-based utility and panel van body styles (1951–1968), and the Holden Belmont-based utilities and panel vans from 1974 through to 1984. For this reason, these cars are excluded from this list, and are instead covered in the list of Holden vehicles by series.

Contents Notes

2. The Sandman and SS nameplates were option packs over the Belmont and Kingswood, and are not considered separate models. Sandman and SS listings can be found at list of Holden vehicles by series.

Holden vehicles by series[edit]
For a more comprehensive list, see List of Holden vehicles by series.
200px-2002-2003_Holden_VY_Commodore_Exec 200px-2003-2004_Holden_VY_II_Berlina_sed Holden VYs: Commodore (left) and Berlina (right). Both VY models are essentially identical; hence the shared "VY" model code. The only considerable difference between the "Holden Commodore" and "Holden Berlina" is the luxury level, and in the case of the examples illustrated, body style; the Commodore pictured is a station wagon, the Berlina a sedan. However, both body variants are available on either model.

Holden vehicles, in addition to nameplate, are designated by a series code. For example, the 1971–1974 Holden Kingswood has been assigned the series code "HQ", and the 2002–2004 Holden Commodore, "VY". Often these series codes are not arbitrary. In the case of the VY above, the "V" stands for the GM V platform that underpins it. The letter "Y" is not however significant; it is simply a logical successor to the previous "VX" Commodore model. Meaning can be found in other codes. The TX Gemini and MB Barina for example, where the "T" and the "M" denote the GM T and M platforms that underpin each vehicle, respectively. While the majority of Holden cars follow this double-letter format (not necessarily based on platform), anomalies exist. The "V2" code applies to the 2001–2004 Holden Monaro, with "V" indicating the V platform architecture and the "2" possibly referring to its two-door body style. Similarly, the 1998–2001 Holden Suburban designated "K8". The three-letter codes assigned to the WFR series Holden Shuttle and UBS Jackaroo are the remaining incongruous designations. These codes are simply those carried over from the original Isuzu models that the Shuttle and Jackaroo derive from.

The VY series of Holdens were not restricted to the Commodore; VY Berlina and Calais cars were also marketed. All three are essentially identical, except in terms of level of equipment and luxury and have therefore been separated using different nameplates. Holden’s record of separating fundamentally identical cars by nameplate to occupy different niches applies mainly to their locally made "large" cars, for example, the Holden Belmont/Kingswood/Premier, Commodore/Berlina/Calais and Statesman/Caprice. Derivative versions with unique body styles, like the Monaro coupe often share the series code with their donor model. Outside of "large" cars, the only other Holdens to have operated in a similar manner are the UBS Jackaroo/Monterey twins and the LX and UC Sunbird/Torana. Generally, only the "large" Holdens are referred to by series code, thus this list is confined to listing only these models. List of Holden vehicles by nameplate covers these excluded cars, with the "large" Holden models occupying both lists.

Contents Notes[edit]
  1. Jump up ^ Bunkley, Nick (2009-01-21). "Toyota Ahead of G.M. in 2008 Sales". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved 2009-05-15. 
[hide]
Holden, a marque of General Motors, automobile timeline, 1948–present
Type 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s Type 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6

Subcompact               Barina Spark (MJ) Spark (MP) Subcompact           Barina (MB/ML) Barina (MF/MH) Barina (SB) Barina (XC) Barina (TK) Barina

Compact           Astra (LB/LC) Astra (LD) Nova (LE/LF) Nova (LG) Astra (TR) Astra (TS) Viva (JF) Cruze (JG/JH) Compact       Torana (HB) Torana (LC/LJ/TA) Gemini (TX/TC/TD/TE/TF/TG) Gemini (RB)       Astra (AH)   Volt (EV) Astra (PJ)

Mid-size         Sunbird/Torana (LH/LX/UC)   Camira (JB/JD/JE) Apollo (JK/JL) Apollo (JM/JP) Vectra (JR/JS) Vectra (ZC) Epica (EP)   Malibu (EM) Mid-size Standard/Business/Special (48/FJ) Standard/Business/Special (FE/FC) Standard/Special (FB/EK) Standard/Special/Premier (EJ/EH) Standard/Special/Premier (HD/HR)     Commodore/Calais (VB/VC/VH/VK/VL)         Insignia (GA)

Full-size       Belmont/Kingswood/Premier (HK/HT/HG) Belmont/Kingswood/Premier/GTS (HQ/HJ/HX/HZ)   Commodore/Berlina/Calais (VN/VP/VR/VS) Commodore/Berlina/Calais/Adventra (VT/VX/VY/VZ) Commodore/Berlina/Calais (VE/VF) Full-size       Brougham (HK/HT/HG) Statesman (HQ/HJ/HX/HZ/WB)   Statesman/Caprice (VQ/VR/VS) Statesman/Caprice (WH/WK/WL) Statesman/Caprice (WM/WN)

Sports               Tigra (XC)     Sports           Piazza (YB)     Calibra (YE)     Astra (TS) Astra (AH)     Cascada (CJ)       Monaro (HK/HT/HG) Monaro/Limited Edition (HQ/HJ/HX)         Monaro (V2/VZ)    

Utility           Rodeo (KB) Rodeo (TF) Rodeo/Colorado (RA/RC) Colorado (RG) Utility     Utility (50/FJ) Utility (FE/FC) Utility (FB/EK) Utility (EJ/EH) Utility (HD/HR) Belmont/Kingswood (HK/HT/HG) Belmont/Kingswood/Utility/One Tonner (HQ/HJ/HX/HZ/WB)   Utility/Commodore (VG/VP/VR/VS) Ute/One Tonner/Crewman (VU/VY/VZ) Ute (VE/VF)

Van         Gemini (TD/TE/TF/TG) Scurry (NB)     Combo (SB) Combo (XC)   Van     Panel van (FJ) Panel van (FE/FC) Panel van (FB/EK) Panel van (EJ/EH) Panel van (HD/HR) Belmont (HK/HT/HG) Belmont/Kingswood/Panel van (HQ/HJ/HX/HZ/WB)                   Shuttle (WFR)     Zafira (TT)    

Subcompact SUV           Drover (QB)       Cruze (YG)     Trax (TJ) Subcompact SUV

Compact SUV             Frontera (UT) Frontera (UE)   Captiva MaXX/Captiva 5 (CG) Compact SUV

Mid-size SUV               Captiva/Captiva 7 (CG) Mid-size SUV           Jackaroo (UBS-1) Jackaroo/Monterey (UBS-2)     Colorado 7/Trailblazer (RG)

Full-size SUV             Suburban (K8)     Full-size SUV

List of Holden vehicles
HQ–WB Statesmans not marketed under the "Holden" brand, but rather the separate "Statesman" brand. &lt;img src="//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:CentralAutoLogin/start?type=1x1" alt="" title="" width="1" height="1" style="border: none; position: absolute;" /&gt;

#59 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

What do you reckon regarding this doco (admittedly from sales). i.e. Holden Vcar

It was from mid 1978 getting ready for the ""un-named"" yet, Commodore ( probably named, but secret).

That's a rare bit of memorabilia Col. Maybe at the time, they were thinking of calling the V-Car the Holden VB SL.

#60 a9x868

a9x868

maurice mead of hatchbacks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  • Name:facebook dave
  • Car:valencia holden torana a9x hatch ultimate improvement on the barbados L34

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:33 PM

Cheers Col....   I find it interesting too....        I also found this really interesting..    Hope you do too .. 

I will paste the whole thing, sorry but it's not crazy long..... :<_<:  

List of Holden vehicles
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
30px-Commons-logo.svg.png Wikimedia Commons has media related to Holden vehicles.

Holden, officially GM Holden Ltd is the Australian subsidiary of General Motors (GM), the world’s second largest automaker.[1] Since its automotive beginnings, Holden has offered a range of locally manufactured vehicles, either of their own or foreign design. Imported vehicles from within GM have supplemented these Australian-made cars, providing Holden with a full range of models. In the past, third party automakers have fulfilled this responsibility.

Holden vehicles by nameplate[edit]
For a more comprehensive list, see List of Holden vehicles by nameplate.

Since Holden’s inception as an autonomous automaker (within GM), the vast majority of their vehicles have been designated a nameplate, for example, the Holden Kingswood and Holden Commodore, with "Kingswood" and "Commodore" representative of this. The exceptions to this trend are the 48-215 series "Holden sedan" (1948–1953), the Holden Standard-based utility and panel van body styles (1951–1968), and the Holden Belmont-based utilities and panel vans from 1974 through to 1984. For this reason, these cars are excluded from this list, and are instead covered in the list of Holden vehicles by series.

ContentsNotes

2. The Sandman and SS nameplates were option packs over the Belmont and Kingswood, and are not considered separate models. Sandman and SS listings can be found at list of Holden vehicles by series.

Holden vehicles by series[edit]
For a more comprehensive list, see List of Holden vehicles by series.
200px-2002-2003_Holden_VY_Commodore_Exec 200px-2003-2004_Holden_VY_II_Berlina_sed Holden VYs: Commodore (left) and Berlina (right). Both VY models are essentially identical; hence the shared "VY" model code. The only considerable difference between the "Holden Commodore" and "Holden Berlina" is the luxury level, and in the case of the examples illustrated, body style; the Commodore pictured is a station wagon, the Berlina a sedan. However, both body variants are available on either model.

Holden vehicles, in addition to nameplate, are designated by a series code. For example, the 1971–1974 Holden Kingswood has been assigned the series code "HQ", and the 2002–2004 Holden Commodore, "VY". Often these series codes are not arbitrary. In the case of the VY above, the "V" stands for the GM V platform that underpins it. The letter "Y" is not however significant; it is simply a logical successor to the previous "VX" Commodore model. Meaning can be found in other codes. The TX Gemini and MB Barina for example, where the "T" and the "M" denote the GM T and M platforms that underpin each vehicle, respectively. While the majority of Holden cars follow this double-letter format (not necessarily based on platform), anomalies exist. The "V2" code applies to the 2001–2004 Holden Monaro, with "V" indicating the V platform architecture and the "2" possibly referring to its two-door body style. Similarly, the 1998–2001 Holden Suburban designated "K8". The three-letter codes assigned to the WFR series Holden Shuttle and UBS Jackaroo are the remaining incongruous designations. These codes are simply those carried over from the original Isuzu models that the Shuttle and Jackaroo derive from.

The VY series of Holdens were not restricted to the Commodore; VY Berlina and Calais cars were also marketed. All three are essentially identical, except in terms of level of equipment and luxury and have therefore been separated using different nameplates. Holden’s record of separating fundamentally identical cars by nameplate to occupy different niches applies mainly to their locally made "large" cars, for example, the Holden Belmont/Kingswood/Premier, Commodore/Berlina/Calais and Statesman/Caprice. Derivative versions with unique body styles, like the Monaro coupe often share the series code with their donor model. Outside of "large" cars, the only other Holdens to have operated in a similar manner are the UBS Jackaroo/Monterey twins and the LX and UC Sunbird/Torana. Generally, only the "large" Holdens are referred to by series code, thus this list is confined to listing only these models. List of Holden vehicles by nameplate covers these excluded cars, with the "large" Holden models occupying both lists.

ContentsNotes[edit][hide]Holden, a marque of General Motors, automobile timeline, 1948–present
Type 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s Type 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6

Subcompact               Barina Spark (MJ) Spark (MP) Subcompact           Barina (MB/ML) Barina (MF/MH) Barina (SB) Barina (XC) Barina (TK) Barina

Compact           Astra (LB/LC) Astra (LD) Nova (LE/LF) Nova (LG) Astra (TR) Astra (TS) Viva (JF) Cruze (JG/JH) Compact       Torana (HB) Torana (LC/LJ/TA) Gemini (TX/TC/TD/TE/TF/TG) Gemini (RB)       Astra (AH)   Volt (EV) Astra (PJ)

Mid-size         Sunbird/Torana (LH/LX/UC)   Camira (JB/JD/JE) Apollo (JK/JL) Apollo (JM/JP) Vectra (JR/JS) Vectra (ZC) Epica (EP)   Malibu (EM) Mid-size Standard/Business/Special (48/FJ) Standard/Business/Special (FE/FC) Standard/Special (FB/EK) Standard/Special/Premier (EJ/EH) Standard/Special/Premier (HD/HR)     Commodore/Calais (VB/VC/VH/VK/VL)         Insignia (GA)

Full-size       Belmont/Kingswood/Premier (HK/HT/HG) Belmont/Kingswood/Premier/GTS (HQ/HJ/HX/HZ)   Commodore/Berlina/Calais (VN/VP/VR/VS) Commodore/Berlina/Calais/Adventra (VT/VX/VY/VZ) Commodore/Berlina/Calais (VE/VF) Full-size       Brougham (HK/HT/HG) Statesman (HQ/HJ/HX/HZ/WB)   Statesman/Caprice (VQ/VR/VS) Statesman/Caprice (WH/WK/WL) Statesman/Caprice (WM/WN)

Sports               Tigra (XC)     Sports           Piazza (YB)     Calibra (YE)     Astra (TS) Astra (AH)     Cascada (CJ)       Monaro (HK/HT/HG) Monaro/Limited Edition (HQ/HJ/HX)         Monaro (V2/VZ)    

Utility           Rodeo (KB) Rodeo (TF) Rodeo/Colorado (RA/RC) Colorado (RG) Utility     Utility (50/FJ) Utility (FE/FC) Utility (FB/EK) Utility (EJ/EH) Utility (HD/HR) Belmont/Kingswood (HK/HT/HG) Belmont/Kingswood/Utility/One Tonner (HQ/HJ/HX/HZ/WB)   Utility/Commodore (VG/VP/VR/VS) Ute/One Tonner/Crewman (VU/VY/VZ) Ute (VE/VF)

Van         Gemini (TD/TE/TF/TG) Scurry (NB)     Combo (SB) Combo (XC)   Van     Panel van (FJ) Panel van (FE/FC) Panel van (FB/EK) Panel van (EJ/EH) Panel van (HD/HR) Belmont (HK/HT/HG) Belmont/Kingswood/Panel van (HQ/HJ/HX/HZ/WB)                   Shuttle (WFR)     Zafira (TT)    

Subcompact SUV           Drover (QB)       Cruze (YG)     Trax (TJ) Subcompact SUV

Compact SUV             Frontera (UT) Frontera (UE)   Captiva MaXX/Captiva 5 (CG) Compact SUV

Mid-size SUV               Captiva/Captiva 7 (CG) Mid-size SUV           Jackaroo (UBS-1) Jackaroo/Monterey (UBS-2)     Colorado 7/Trailblazer (RG)

Full-size SUV             Suburban (K8)     Full-size SUV

List of Holden vehicles
HQ–WB Statesmans not marketed under the "Holden" brand, but rather the separate "Statesman" brand. &lt;img src="//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:CentralAutoLogin/start?type=1x1" alt="" title="" width="1" height="1" style="border: none; position: absolute;" /&gt;

mate

you should contract to the government 

as a really high paid research assistant

youv,e got my vote

#61 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for the support Dave......   means a lot...

Did you know that the V8 supercars are on in Newy ....    Place for you here my friend  :)

#62 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,123 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

I thought that was my spot
bloody turn coat

#63 a9x868

a9x868

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

Thanks for the support Dave......   means a lot...

Did you know that the V8 supercars are on in Newy ....    Place for you here my friend  :)

thanks ian

really looking forward to this weekends clipsal

and the new Newy event should be fantastic

so glad they got rid of that crap track at homebush

don,t worry too much about gene

he,ll get over it :spoton:

#64 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:09 AM

I thought that was my spot
bloody turn coat

Listen to you, ya back stabber ......   :bliss:          

#65 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:37 AM

The closer it comes the sader it feels ...........  https://www.facebook...hc_ref=NEWSFEED

#66 Tyre biter

Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:Should have gone with Palais...

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

...But the Lion logo is all that needs to be associated with a vehicle to identify it as a Holden, always has always will.....

Or a Peugeot - their lion emblem dates circa 1847 or thereabouts I think...

Just being cheeky Chaos - nothing more.

I see your argument however and I don't disagree - the variables as you have put up are too many to say definitively and contrasting evidence is all around.

I don't get the whole argument and angst throughout - it's as meaningless, entirely subjective and I wonder whether Holden, GM-H, GMH, Holden Ltd or whoever the bloody manufacturer was/is actually had/has a policy and definitive set of rules or if shit just happened and that here some forty years later folks are arguing over a system that was random and haphazard as opposed to planned and intentional.

The argument (from perspective) is meaningless and of no consequence at all - bit like asking someone to name their most favorite child - pointless.

Cheers, TB 

#67 a9x868

a9x868

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

I see your argument however and I don't disagree - the variables as you have put up are too many to say definitively and contrasting evidence is all around.

I don't get the whole argument and angst throughout - it's as meaningless, entirely subjective and I wonder whether Holden, GM-H, GMH, Holden Ltd or whoever the bloody manufacturer was/is actually had/has a policy and definitive set of rules or if shit just happened and that here some forty years later folks are arguing over a system that was random and haphazard as opposed to planned and intentional.

The argument (from perspective) is meaningless and of no consequence at all - bit like asking someone to name their most favorite child - pointless.

Cheers, TB 

TB

i,ll bite

my favourite child was me

but i grew up

or did i ?

just kidding!

#68 _ChaosWeaver_

_ChaosWeaver_
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:02 AM

Cheers, TB 

lol.....   This is spot on.  It is exactly how I feel after looking and reading half the stuff I have..     If anything they are both.  Car & Brand .. (if that makes sense) ..

The angst thing seems to creep into most threads..     I think it has something to do with people's dislike of having their deeply held views questioned,  by other people with differing views..

The argument (from my perspective) is weather their kids are known by only one name, or if they are identified by their family name as well     lets say Ian.    means nothing much on it's own.  But link it with a family name, say like Chaosweaver. Then you have a unique character :blink: ..   well you know what I mean, you all know who is being referred too.

Same too with cars, its just the names are back the front..   as in Holden Torana, Holden Gemini, Holden Kingswood, Holden Commodore...  Holden is their family name.....   Just being my cheeky self too  ...  cheers TB..  :spoton: 

#69 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:46 PM

Ian

You still don't get it. That Statesman on its compliance plate is EXACTLY how I described it, by its proper name: Statesman HJ Sedan (no HOLDEN mentioned). Go and look at any other HJ that isn't a Statesman, the word STATESMAN is replaced by HOLDEN. The car has the correct wording at the top too, it was manufactured by the COMPANY called GENERAL MOTORS-HOLDEN'S PTY. LTD. It is the small amount of HQ Dandenong examples that have this stuffed this up, where they forgot to not put HOLDEN on the compliance plate. I have a feeling it may well be because Dandenong used to pre-punch a lot of info into the plates - you see this on Dandenong HX and LX that show chassis numbers like AHX0   xxxxM, the AHX0 or ALX0 are clearly pre- stamped and the other info comes later. As I said if you don't understand it that is OK, but I know I am correct, so there is no need to go trying to make it look otherwise as there is only one correct answer, especially with regards to a Statesman.

GENERAL MOTORS-HOLDEN'S PTY LTD was the Company name. They made Holden, Torana, Statesman etc. Simple. Until they started to confuse themselves and others today by using the Holden brand.

That HT is an interesting car. It was built (as in hard trimmed and painted) way back in early 1969. 1-A actually had a GTS327 engine in it when the car was assembled as there was no 350 engines here yet. This one sat around as a hard trimmed and painted body until it was finally assembled in May 1970. As the chassis number went on the body straight after paint it still wears its 28A chassis number, but 5/70 compliance. 

Windows 10 simply doesn't work with this site. I cannot attach files. I cannot copy and paste text or links. When I use the link button it locks up Explorer and I have to use Task Manager to force it to shutdown. This is on 4-5 x different PC's I've tried it on. I'm also not typing in 100 character links. It simply is not worth the hassle.

Are you sure you're not using Edge?

That is the new modern secure browser that comes with Windows 10 and tends to block/not work with a lot of stuff.

If you are just clicking the dark blue e icon in the task bar or on the start menu, that is Edge, try typing Internet Explorer (or ideally Chrome) into the search bar.

Not suggesting you don't know what you're doing, but it is an easy mistake to make because Microsoft want you to make it  :D

Edit: I tried to PM you  but you can receive no more PM's. I guess your box is full.

Edited by Potta, 14 June 2017 - 09:47 PM.

#70 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:14 PM

GMH also made Pontiac, Chevrolet, Vauxhall, Bedford etc. All of those tags had GMH on them too and many General Motors-Holden's Pty Ltd as well.

They also made boats...
And

The Fridigaire refrigerator

Edited by TerrA LX, 14 June 2017 - 10:15 PM.

#71 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

Are you sure you're not using Edge?

It is just the website Craig. I am rarely able to post pics when I'm home, but if I take the computer to town where I can get 4G it works better. It only happens on this site and I know there are others on here that have the same issues. I have actually started perusing the Aussie V8 forum because I don't have any issues over there and I can still ask for Byrons advise when I need it.  p.s. When i say issues, I mean with the software, not the users. I'm sure that most forums would have the odd idiot hanging around.

#72 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,034 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:26 PM

They also made boats...
And

The Fridigaire refrigerator

They also made guns.  I was going to put up a picture here but once again the site won't allow it.

#73 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

Frigidaire lol

#74 cameron

cameron

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Car:LX SS Hatchback

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

Who would have thought that even at 71yrs old you learn something new every day. Before reading this thread I thought only Trump could dribble to such extremes while making such dumbass waste of oxygen statements. No wonder Holden went bust they forgot to spell out and attach holden badges on all the cars they manufactured. My Holden Commodore and Holden Torana may in fact be something not disclosed. Class action law suit anyone?

Cameron

#75 Potta

Potta

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:45 PM

This just reminded me of another similar issue.

Saw a 90's Holden Ute the other day and guess what badge was on the front quarter panel?

COMMODORE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users