5 replies to this topic

#1 turbotrana

turbotrana

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:51 PM

I know that this is a Tory forum but I am just stabbing in the dark with this one on the off chance.

VN V6 transmission is laggy going into reverse when cold (like a few second delay). The transmission works fine in every other way.

I am just hoping that this is a simple problem that could be cured with dropping the pan or replacing an easily replacable seal.

Anyone with any what is the culprit.

Its gotta be a 50c seal somewhere

#2 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:06 PM

Check out streetcommodores.com, there is a thread in there about this very symptom. However after reading it and consulting a few different auto trans shops they all say the same thing.. Hardened/cracked seals. Whether its in the valvebody or the main body I don't know.

#3 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:36 AM

pretty much knackered, time for an exchange box, it will only get worse, had mine do it a couple of times, no shop would tell me what it was, just wanted $1800 to fix it.

#4 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:10 PM

Heh that's a bit steep, Stoney only charged me $1600 for a complete auto (outright) with a 2800 Dominator converter.

Had to wait 4 months for it but hey... That's Stoney.

#5 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:13 PM

my vl used to do the same thing i put one of those tranny treatments in it and its all good now, give it a go it sounds like youve nothing to lose

#6 turbotrana

turbotrana

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:43 AM

Thanks for the advice.

I have asked around and it seems it might be the leaky worn seals witin the transmission and the only way to fix is a strip down.

An option may be a can of that transmission stuff. I know that stuff is meant to swell the seals but I remember using a can of that stuff in a trans nearly 15 years ago and it made the trans slip.

Does anyone know of a good trans additive to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users