LX UC Interior

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _inbloom_

_inbloom_
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:54 AM

I'm currently in the middle of restoring/modifying my LX hatchback and my question is:

I've found someone who is selling UC Hatchback parts with excellent condition interior, I am mainly looking at door cards and front seats. Does anyone know how hard it will be to fit the UC interior in the LX, or if it is sized totally different?

I understand that I can fit the UC seat rails in, but I don't want to do that and find the centre console doesn't fit anymore. My centre console was broken when the car was re-wired, what's the chances of fitting a UC Console in an LX?

Any information or general LX-UC part swapping information would be greatly appreciated

Jess

#2 _Chamois hatch_

_Chamois hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:29 AM

door cards and seats are the same inLX/UC, as for the center console thats another story, it should fit......but the LX has no handbrake (its got the foot brake) yet the UC does.......im also not 100% sure but the rear seat should be a straight over swap as well.

cheers

#3 _inbloom_

_inbloom_
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:57 AM

door cards and seats are the same inLX/UC, as for the center console thats another story, it should fit......but the LX has no handbrake (its got the foot brake) yet the UC does.......im also not 100% sure but the rear seat should be a straight over swap as well.

cheers

Thanks so much for that! I just read after I posted that the UC had a floor mount handbrake except for the bench seat.. I am not interested in a bench seat so I guess that's something I'd have to ask about. My torana was fitted with custom metal plate dash and doors before I bought it. It creates a terrible atmosphere in the car, as if you're actually sitting on the bonnet steering the headlights.

It looks good, but it's not practical. I've bought an original WB HQ steering wheel and various bits and pieces. So I'm going for something different, but something that actually suits the age and the beauty of the torana.

#4 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:06 PM

you cant use the dash out of the UC, everything else other than the console should be OK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users