front spring help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:31 PM

hi ive been given a near new set of lowered king springs for my LX from another forum member ( thanks josh your a bloody legend, ill repay the favour one day) that he took out of his 6 cyl hatch, i want to put them in my V8 SLR is there any reason why i shouldnt do it, will they be able to handle the extra weight ok? is there any safety concerns i should be worried about? or any thing ive over looked

cheers adam

#2 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:02 PM

anyone know any thing about this?

#3 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:07 PM

Lowered springs are GENERALLY heavy duty, so they should be OK. However, without knowing a part number, wire thickness or any other details an accurate answer is impossible. Without the further info, the obvious problem is that it will sit lower with a V8 than with a 6. As they are already lowered springs, this could be a problem.

Getting back to the wire thickness, stock 6 cyl springs have 0.600" thick wire in the front. Stock V8 springs have 0.604" thick wire in the front. 6 and V8 SLR's and L34's have 0.642" thick wire in the front springs. These are GMH specs.

#4 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:17 PM

the front will sit lower if the springs are standard and a standard shock may have problems controling it.
if they are H/D you should have no problems but may still sit a bit lower to your mates car if it had a six in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users