A9X in my street

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:40 PM

Hey all,
Saw what I think is an A9X hatch in the front yard of a house in my street, it was painted in malboro colours with no wording or decals, it had the name Grinstead on the rear window. Does anyone know anything about this car???
I have not seen it before, I think it had a cage, I could only look from in my car on the road so not sure.....I seem to remember a Steve or Tony Grinstead driving hill climb cars but not sure where or when..

Any info would be good!!

Regards
Duck05

#2 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:19 PM

Tony Grinstead was a very good Super Seadan driver in Speedway. I remember the purple Iroc Z that he won the Australian title in very well.

#3 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:18 PM

Yeah that's right,
it is Steve Grinstead that does the hill climb stuff, I Googled his name and got hill climb entry lists with his name and A9X torana so i supose that answers my question however when I clicked to enter the sites they were no longer working.
So if anyone one knows this car or it's driver please fill me in???

Regards
Duck05

#4 bryanw

bryanw

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:44 AM

mate, have you tried knocking on the front door?

#5 _nemo_

_nemo_
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:49 AM

mate, have you tried knocking on the front door?

You beat me to it

Was about to say EXACTLY same thing lol

#6 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:28 PM

Yeah I have thought about knocking on the front door but I mite wait until I am driving past and see someone out the front and pull up for a chat. I have found out that it is an A9X and he does race hill climb events "wingnut" has photo's of the car at the Rob Roy hill climb in 2005...When I have had a chat I will let you all know about the car..

Regards
Duck05

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users