installing engine

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _bronjak_

_bronjak_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:21 PM

hi im about to install my 308 into my lx torana but i havnt put my flex plate on yet would it be a issue to install it once the moters in the car

#2 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:57 PM

Just means you would be crawling around underneath it.

#3 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 04:09 AM

if you could wait till your ready to bolt the box on it would be a lot easier with the motor out.

#4 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:42 AM

Agreed, if you can it will be easier to fit with the trans and engine bolted together, lift the back up high and that will give you the angle of the dangle and it should sit down nicely.

Just check and make sure your extractors will fit once its bolted down, my pipes dont allow me to fit em once the engine is sitting on its mounts, be careful not to hit your heater box on the passenger side if u have tall rocker covers.

Cheers
JNR_ATE

#5 _bronjak_

_bronjak_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:41 PM

yeah that would be easyier but im paranoid about hitn my new paintjob so ive left alot of parts of to avoid any damage to the car

#6 LHEFI

LHEFI

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:04 PM

The other way to do it is unbolt the front crossmember, jack front of the car up and roll the crossmember out. Bolt motor onto crossmember, roll back under, lower car bolt cross member back in. I find this why much nicer.\

Cheers

Greg S

#7 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:43 PM

yeah that would be easyier but im paranoid about hitn my new paintjob so ive left alot of parts of to avoid any damage to the car

Blankets.

#8 _DocDamage_

_DocDamage_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:31 PM

Both together is easier, if your using a typical engine crane,rope it off to help prevent it swinging. Use rope to angle up the engine too, the ropes make it easier to go slow, steady & controlled. And of course blankets and a mate or 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users