Very stiff front doors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _johndefender_

_johndefender_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:25 PM

I have an LX and take my 80 year old aunt shopping each week. Of the four doors on the car, the front passenger door is almost impossible to open. I've taken just about everything out of the door and cleaned and oiled it, but it still is the hardest door to open. I've replaced the rubber weather stripping and was told that the door might be abit stiff for awhile, but that was last year I think. Option "B" is to replace the inner assembly. Can anyone throw me some idea's of what would make the door easier to open. Thanks

#2 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:27 PM

have you tried maybe adjusting the striker..the round thing on the pillar that the door shuts onto, its a long shot but it may help

Edited by boomfunk, 25 October 2006 - 06:27 PM.

#3 _johndefender_

_johndefender_
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:24 AM

I know what you are talking about, I'll give it a try. thanks

#4 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:10 AM

Over a period of time the hindges can dry out of lube. Most people use oil or wd40 which will either work for a period or not at all. WD40, as the name suggests, is a water dispersant not a lubricant. try a silicon lube this will make sure that the hinges are lubed properly. do not forget to use it on your runnign springs (these are the ones that hold the door open, the other thing is check the alignment of the hinges. if they point in different directions then this will not help the cause.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users