whats this box??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _oikurtman_

_oikurtman_
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:57 PM

pretty sure this is a T5, but not sure if its a v8 model or a 6 cyl model, and which sort of commy it came from... (i pulled it out of my SLR).

https://cache.gmh-to...o159/oikurtman/

anyone know how to ID it? i want to sell it, along with an aussie pattern dellows bellhousing, cross member and tailshaft...

cheers.

Edited by oikurtman, 26 October 2006 - 03:59 PM.

#2 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:49 PM

I can see borg warner cast into the box..sO I would say its a T5...but I can't say I've seen one in the flesh..one way to ID it is to find the part number of the bellhousing and check to see what the bellhousing suits (even though when i last checked Dellow didn't have a website)

#3 _oikurtman_

_oikurtman_
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

i got these numbers off the box...

0552 066901AC (Passenger side, just under the shifter)

13-52-065-914 (Driver side, on the main case)

can't find any info on the net. Can anyone ID it yet or maybe point me in the right direction?

Cheers.

#4 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:17 PM

Maybe email Mal Wood or Dellow or CRS.

#5 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:55 AM

OK firstly Yes it is a T5.

Next thing is (But I cannot verify yet as I cannot see the mount but if it is what I think I can sort of see then it is either a Ford 6cylinder box or a Holden v6 box. Reason for the is the Ford extension housing bolts on differently to the mount than a commodore one. and second that bellhouing is not a Holden one, it is aftermarket. Now from what I understand, the ford input is the shortest (and does go behind a holden 6 with the right bellhousing [celica bellhousing with a redrill :P) The v6 box will bolt up to a trimatic pattern v8 (ie your bellhousing) and lastly the V* box (longest input of them all.) may I suggest jumping on Dellows website and downloading their PDF, this has the lengths in it and also the box differences (mounting) listed.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users