spoiler fitting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _levis_

_levis_
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2005 - 01:45 AM

ey... im 16 and have been restoring an LX 4 door ready to be my first car and have manage to do most of the panel work myself and just got it home from the painters yesterday and have been fitting the flares but i cant work out how to attatch the rear spoiler. any information on how to do it would be great help.

thanx...

sorry if this is in the rong section i wouldent have a clue

#2 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 24 December 2005 - 05:41 AM

does the rear spoiler have an inner panel as well as the outer, if so normally there is either a thread or bolts glassed to this to fit through boot skin. If not you can either glass in some cross pieces to screw into or unfortunately like a lot of mock ups you may just have to rivet through the outer into the boot but it doesn't look as classy.

#3 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 December 2005 - 08:31 AM

unfortunately like a lot of mock ups you may just have to rivet through the outer into the boot but it doesn't look as classy.

Couldn't agree more. There are some pretty awesome glues around on the other hand; there is bound to be people that have just glued and clamped their spoilers on but I suppose that would require fibreglassing in another section to give a nice flat surface. Could anyone tell us if it's been done before because the only downside I can see is removing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users