77 SS

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 _Eagle_

_Eagle_
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2005 - 02:38 PM

Just brought myself a very nice original '77 SS the other day :D Just wondering if anyone can help me on the the colour of the bumpers, door handles & wipper arms. This little beastie has chrome bumpers & door handles as well as wipper arms. I used to own one years ago but it had painted bumpers, black door handles & wipper arms. Can someone tell me if this one has the original bumpers etc?

#2 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2005 - 06:23 PM

As far as I know it should have body colour bumpers (with rubber) and chrome door handles.

#3 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:04 PM

as above, colour coded bumpers, with rubber inserts and overiders, chrome door handles and black wiper arms. Black door handles are on the LX SLR5000

#4 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,291 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 25 December 2005 - 09:13 PM

Hi Folks

Ditto all of the above also with black front spoiler and black running along front to back below the door line. Also chrome mirror stems with black heads. Headlight trims 'painted out' in black with black grill. All the black paint was the low sheen type.

Bazza

Previously original owner of a '77 5 litre SS hatch.

#5 _Eagle_

_Eagle_
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2005 - 09:37 AM

Thanx for the info, that's what I thought. I'm going to restore it back to orginal & there's a few minor things that need doing.

#6 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 December 2005 - 09:52 AM

Make sure you show us some photos because SS resorations are always great. If you have any troubles getting them on the site, e-mail them to [email protected]

#7 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 09:57 AM

Hi Folks

Ditto all of the above also with black front spoiler and black running along front to back below the door line. Also chrome mirror stems with black heads. Headlight trims 'painted out' in black with black grill. All the black paint was the low sheen type.

Bazza

Previously original owner of a '77 5 litre SS hatch.

front spolier on an SS is NOT Black. LX SLR5000 is however black.
This car has the wrong front spoiler and no stripes, but the paint is 100% correct.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by REDA9X, 26 December 2005 - 10:00 AM.

#8 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,291 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 26 December 2005 - 10:36 AM

Hi

Well RedA9X - I don't know what to say other than my 5 litre SS Hatch (pre RTS) had approx 40km on the clock when I bought it new from Ballan Holden in Werribee Vic in 1977. I still have some photos that clearly shows a black front spoiler. Perhaps the dealer ordered a custom paint job - who knows?

Cheers Bazza

#9 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 10:48 AM

Could of come like that as a "paint test" car or the dealer more then likely painted the lower spoiler black.

We had a HT GTS V8 Monaro here with the stripes on it, original paint, the stripes only go over the bonnet and bootlid, but this had them over the roof as well, it was a dealer thing.

Must of been in the yard a few weeks so they try sprouce a car up so it stands out, we do it in our yard all the time. If a car sits around for a while we put some nice big rims on them, lowered springs, sports exhaust etc.

Edited by LS1LX, 26 December 2005 - 10:49 AM.

#10 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:30 PM

more than likely bazza, or they broke the original front spoiler and fitted a new one.

#11 CI 0308

CI 0308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:77 LX SS, VX SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:26 PM

Whats the go with the white SS different plates on the front and back.

#12 myss427

myss427

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Car:427 hatch, CV8 Monaro, Ve SSV ute. Was part owner A9X sedan until he sold it without telling me!
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:41 PM

Different cars or rebuild, the interior seats are different.

#13 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:16 PM

Trust me, it's the same car and it's not after a rebuild, i just got new plates for it and photgraphed it on a few different days. It's not white, it's chamois. Yes I also fitted Recaro seats trimed up to match the original trim as close as posible.

#14 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:42 PM

SS front spoiler definitely body colour, one piece, and no-where near as deep as the conventional ones, plus dummy brake ducts. Did have a pic here somewhere.

With the wiper blades, all wiper blades on the torries are stainless steel, then painted black. You'll prolly find that somebody has just polished the original ones.

#15 CI 0308

CI 0308

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:77 LX SS, VX SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:13 PM

sorry, Chamois, but it looks white in the pic. nice car but. cheers.

#16 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:04 AM

G'day Eagle

Good luck with the rebuild. I am in the process of a complete resto on my SS as well. Ah the fun that's about to start... or is that headaches.. :banghead:

Mate, as Yella said, the front spoiler is definately th ebody colour and is very different to the A9X/ L34, etc ones.

Anyway, if you decide to replace the SS Stripes let me know

BTW, what colour is your SS?

cheers
Mick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users