LOW v8 springs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:35 AM

Im looking for low v8 springs new, i know kings only do 2" lower which is not good enough. where can i get low springs, or do i buy new kings and cut an 1" off with a hacksaw. :rolleyes:

im in bris, anyone know of a good shop??

cheers,
nathan

#2 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:18 PM

Ever though they don't go lower for a reason? Toranamatt has been doing plenty of research, ask him about it.

#3 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:55 PM

there lowest springs are high in my mind :tease: i wanna be low as it looks awsome, handleing is better, i like being close to the ground... it is a sports car.

look at my gf's car, there lowered kings. short as! dont need a compressor by far to install and it sits like a 4WD.

Im going out tomorow in search of getting Super lows :spoton:

if i find anything ill let you guys know :spoton:

#4 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:01 PM

They generally handle worse if you go lower than 1.5" This is advice I was given many years ago. However, you feel free to modify your car as you see fit.

#5 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:26 PM

im using 2 inch lowered king springs for a 6 cyl in my V8 and they are perfect and still legal although i do have flares so clearancce isnt an issue

#6 Guns n roses

Guns n roses

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 11:38 PM

pedders can get springs reset.they charge bout $40 a spring to get it reset and you can go what ever height you want!!my mate has to do it to his car cause pedders lowest just arnt low enough!!

#7 _torana_

_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:09 PM

dont cut your springs, bad move.
Youll change the rebound rate, and your car will handle like shit. I did a similar thing when I first got my 253 torana. Cut 1.5 loops out and it looked awesome. I had issues though.

Steering geometry went out and was always scrubbing out tyres.
Cracked the front chassis on both sides from hitting the bump stops. ( Luckily girlfriends dad was a boiler maker )
Punctured the sump once, and ripped out the drain plug on another excursion.
Once I had a puncture and couldnt get a jack under the car, it was that low. The only remedy is to run big diameter wheels.
#@$^%& my front shocks as they bent and bottomed out. You need to get really short stroke shocks instead.
Couldnt get a trolley jack under the cross member either.

If you really want to lower your car go the drop spindle route

see my thread http://www.gmh-toran...wtopic=7144&hl=

Otherwise if you can live with this kind of shit, I have a real short set here. Dont know who made them, but they are low, lower than superlows i Suspect ( 25.5cm's ) and havent been cut. I suspect they may have been for a racing torana, and appear to be some kind of variable rate , but Im no spring expert ( tighter turns at the bottom ) . When I bought my ss the chap I bought it from gave them to me and said they where in his car when he bought it and where to low for him so he replaced them. They are thicker by a couple of mm as well than normal, They are sitting in my shed and I will never use them.

If you are keen for them pm me and we can work something out.
cheers julian

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by torana, 07 November 2006 - 03:14 PM.

#8 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:06 PM

Hey thanx for all the spring info ^^ :D:D

I went out looking for superlows today and king recomemded i use there lowered 6cy springs which would drop the car 50mm (this was there lowest option), So i just got the normal V8 low springs from king (30mm).
There in overnight postage and will be here tomorow, :rockon:

A high car is nice, im am kinda sick of bottoming out! lol ill need to do something about my rears now, it will be like a boat... Again!

Thanx guys!

,nathan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users