LX front calipers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _heppy_ss_76_

_heppy_ss_76_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:48 PM

Hi,

just wondering if any one can tell me if there were 2 different types of front calipers on lx's.

i have a 1-78 sedan and a 6-76 hatch and the calipers are different shapes, they look to be the same size but alot different shape, is there a diference between 6 cylinder and v8 calipers?

Any help greatly appreciated, Cheers

#2 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:08 PM

there are at least 2 different types, theres the standard PBR calipers that i believe came out on earlier toranas ( i think although as i write this im having doubts about that bit) and theres also the girlock calipers that are similar looking to early VB - VL commodores. dont ask which are better as it will start another shit fight similar to asking which model torana is better, ive had cars with both and (different calipers on different cars, not on the same car) and personally i prefer the PBR calipers because they cover more of the disc

#3 _heppy_ss_76_

_heppy_ss_76_
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:06 PM

thanks for that, both these different types i have are PBR.

#4 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:13 PM

On the left in the first pic LH to mid LX
On the right in the first pic UC after 7/1979
The second pic is mid LX to 6/1979 UC

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 _heppy_ss_76_

_heppy_ss_76_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:22 PM

cheers dattoman, exactly what i was after, my hatch has the first ones and my 1-78 sedan has the bottom ones, so which ones are better, i have been told that the later lx ones in the 2nd picture are easier to change the pads on??

#6 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:03 PM

The UC ones have a much larger range of pads available, as the pads are the same as Commodores prior to VT, excluding HSV. For that reason, they would be my choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users