race seat style material

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:18 AM

hello i want to get my back seats reupholstered and i want to put that black felt type material that they use on race seats on them but i need to know the exact name of the material so i can chase some up, any one able to tell me what its called and maybe even where to get it from?

cheers adam

#2 Guns n roses

Guns n roses

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:13 AM

depends what seats.diff brands,diff range,diff material.prob would be black velour.you could get it from the company that makes the seats or if not,go to a motor trimmer and buy it from him..or take the seat to the motor trimmer with 1 of your raceing seats and say u want the rear done the same.cheers

#3 _Monkey_

_Monkey_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 01:46 AM

sounds like you could be talking about suede.if you are i would imagine that would be pretty expensive.

#4 _stinky_

_stinky_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:33 AM

The easiest way is to find out who made the seat and ask them.
Otherwise you will need to take a sample to a Motor Trimmer or Motor Trimmer supplier. The best way to get a sample is using a head rest or clipping a small piece off from an unseen area at the bottom of the seat.

In Adelaide the main suppliers are :
Daley's - Richmond
Winner Products - Richmond
UDA - Holden Hill
Nolan Shannon - Ridleyton

All sell direct to public, UDA sell the same price to trade and public, Daley's add a premium if you don't have an account, not sure about the others.

And yes, real suede is pretty expensive, but I think there are cheaper "fake" suedes out there.

#5 Guns n roses

Guns n roses

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:55 AM

wats suede look like??i used to work at a motor trimmer and never seen it!!all i ever saw was velours,many different clothes,vinyls and leathers!

#6 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:06 AM

real suede is leather with the fur on !! :D

#7 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:14 PM

Hahaha. So true....

I love suede.

RIM

#8 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:36 PM

Piss off suede. If you want proper "Race Seat Material" You can't go past Alacantra Leather (yes I spelt that right). It's like suede but more has more stretch, more durable and has heaps of grip. They use it on Sparco race steering wheels and on Recaro seats (Especially the ones in Honda Integra Type R's). That material is way better than suede and undoubtedly more expensive too! lol

#9 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:56 PM

jbird i know the material you are talking about, thats the stuff i want to cover my steering wheel with but im not putting that on my back seats, especially considering they are only there for appearance (i have harnesses so nobody will be sitting in the back) stuff im talking about is the material that covers race seats like whats on dangerous' seats in his LC for those in SA and any one else that owns race seats that arent covered in leather or suede or any other good materials forum members like!

#10 _stinky_

_stinky_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:05 PM

You could also try places like Revolution Racegear and Autosport(?Magill) that sell those seats, they might be able to source material from the manufacturer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users