lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:46 PM

All starter when I snapped a leg on my 450, going to fast in the bush. So I went to buy a orig 308 ss, and the bloke wasn't home. So I end up buying a 12sec lc gtr to put my 308 in. Then the 202 broke the crank and cutch, no worrys putting a 308 in anyway. Pulled engine out, found green paint. Wrong colour and trim. Then the shit started. People telling don't wreck a gtr and put a 8 in it. Bought a lc 2dr S, orig 80,000, in same colour trim, and all orig for parts for gtr (donor car). Sit there for 3mths kept lookig at it, too good to wreck, so I dragged in shed.

Got the rails in, then notice something not right at front of lc. It is 5mm out somewhere, Three panel beaters looked told me 5mm, don't worry (5mm is factory), so I didn't and went on doing what I was doing. I had done 1/2 a inner guard and were 5mm short at the top (top of support only). I have done windows, floors pans, bare metal and 2pac inside and out floorpan and engine bay. I was sending to be paint soon. Went to Boronia to look at some cars. I seen some nice toranas. But one of the nice one wasn't right. I kept looking at it and could work out were it wasn't right. So i went home to fix my 5mm problem. Fix it now, I just need a new nose. I have pulled the support back and cut the nose cone off my car today.

If I just done what I wanted and not listened, I would have a 10sec lc gtr and shit loads of room. Went back and got the SS308 was too cheap MY TORANA'S

#2 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 December 2005 - 04:46 PM

Crickey, you've put a lot of work (and dosh) into those cars mate, you should be very proud of yourself. Hey i'm very interested in those articles about the Violet LJ T04 and the Red LC Supercharged 2-doors. Do you have them in a higher res coz I'd love to see them in better detail.

#3 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:13 PM

slow down a few paces.

yep you should of just done the gtr, its only a gtr. Its no xu1.

#4 _gstar_

_gstar_
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:11 PM

gday Lakeside,

Youe E bay username wouldnt happen to be Lakesidegtr?

Anyway i had a look at all your lovely pics on slideshow, took around a hour due to the dial up.

Let me get this right, you have three cars? a monza blue gtr, used to be green, a red "s" that you are putting a v8 into and a lx coupe?
for a hour i was jellous of you for not only having a gtr, but you have two 2 doors! smart ass! i have a few questions for you

what do you find the best way to bare metal is?
and what could i expect to pay for a lc two door?
a green lc gtr has always been my dream car, if i cant afford a gtr ill make one from a "s"

#5 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:45 PM

RoryM's LJ 2-door SL or something was just sold for $3500 in completely unmolested condition. Under 3k is rare for a 2-door

#6 MODNIZD

MODNIZD

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Car:4 Door LC RB25DET

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:47 AM

Hey mate, I really like what you have done with the back of the engine bay, covering the heater holes. Have you done the firewall yet? Wouldn't happen to have the plans and messurements?

Cheers,

Phil

#7 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:41 AM

looks like your doing a great job with the lc mate.. dont worry about what people are saying, build the car how u want it.

A1

#8 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:18 AM

Heath

Hey i'm very interested in those articles about the Violet LJ T04 and the Red LC Supercharged 2-doors. Do you have them in a higher res coz I'd love to see them in better detail.

Will email oneday

LS1LX

yep you should of just done the gtr, its only a gtr. Its no xu1.

Pocket wise, yes. Have you seen a lakeside green with sandelwood trim, I havn't. The only one i have seen is this one, and know 5 gtr's in same colour. LAKESIDE GREEN

gstar

gday Lakeside,

Youe E bay username wouldnt happen to be Lakesidegtr? what do you find the best way to bare metal is?
and what could i expect to pay for a lc two door?
a green lc gtr has always been my dream car, if i cant afford a gtr ill make one from a "s" 

I'm not Lakesidegtr on Ebay. Best way to bare metal is paint stripper, water and steel woool (coase) and it falls off. What's a lc 2door worth, too much. Tried to give it away 6mths ago after the SS came home. No one want it. One bloke from Bris, want it, to busy it get rolling. Been trying to give to Ferg for 12mths and I mean giveaway, didn't want it. It's not the price of the car of shell, it's how much rust that matters. Heaps for a good one.

#9 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:45 AM

MODNIZD

Hey mate, I really like what you have done with the back of the engine bay, covering the heater holes. Have you done the firewall yet? Wouldn't happen to have the plans and messurements?

I made a few of them, about 10 of them. They all fitted good around the back of the wall, expert the first one. Change my mind a few times how to make. And different people would fold them and they would be wrong. Still have one more of them, through the rest away.

draglc

looks like your doing a great job with the lc mate.. dont worry about what people are saying, build the car how u want it.

too late now. This will be a better one, I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users