_curlys torana_
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:57 PM

hey is any one going to the clipsal 500 next year

#2 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:48 AM

I'd like to, and have wanted to for the last 5 or 6 years ...

#3 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:13 AM

i go almost every year

#4 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:50 AM

HTC will have a club display at Clipsal. Watch club events later on for more info. :rockon:

#5 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:38 AM

I am sorta arranging this and need some info on this please local or experinced peoples before I go ahead with the planning.

1. If I went and hired a car, are there places handy for parking nearby the race track. Map of circuit suggests there is. Is it easy enuff or are there congestions hassles etc. Taxis for a few days may work out cheaper/more convenient?

2. Is the general admisson into track adequate for viewing?
I have been to Indy and stayed in units on the track, also sat in stands and done general viewing which I thought fairly well sucked. Is Adelaide similar being a street circuit - am I better off in the stands, if so which one ? I am thinking the stand on turn 8 sounds like the pick.

3. How many single women in Adelaide ?

#6 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:40 AM

p.s. If they not single - thats OK aswell, hehe.

#7 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:18 PM

p.s. If they not single - thats OK aswell, hehe.

OMG look out adelaide :clap:

Parking can b a prob. Traffic conjestion is a bitch around city due to road closures.

what area are u staying in as this will help in regards to access to city.

I have only been to the track once, as a worker. I reckon stands are the go, pit straight the best. But anywhere close to the beer tents works :rockon:

Now for the women. The after race parties in the city go offffffffff and there will b more than enuf eye candy cause not only do u get the adelaide girls out but all the tourists as well.

XXKAZXX

#8 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:11 PM

I've been 4 of the last 5yrs. General viewing is ok but turn 8 grandstand is the pic of the places to view from. Tickets also include 4 free concerts at night and the nearby streets are blocked off for 3 days and holden and ford put on live bands. You can get parking even tho there is a thousand cars there. I catch the tram to downtown and then walk the 7 blocks ( you can wait for the free bus if you like). There is no congestion its adelaide :D its so easy to get around its not funny. There are so many women and excellent gentleman clubs there you should be well and truly entertained. Bathurst is the best race but the Clipsal is the best event.

#9 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:23 PM

hey im going on sunday my cousin brought me a ticket for xmas. so see ya there maybe. yea just park in the U-Park on rundle st and walk to the track, just trying to get out can be a bitch, oh and make sure ur windscreen is clean before u go, coz the sun glare in the morning is blinding, i had to stick my head out the window to see what colour the traffic lights were, not a good thing.

If ur coming from afar then i would sugest grandstand tickets in the shade, but for us locals we just get general admision, does the job. oh some locals have hired a bloody platform thing on stands (forgot the name) that raise and lower so they can see the track, they had that out the front of their place so there lucky buggers. umm yea alot of sunscreen a hat and a camera u should be right. have fun....

#10 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:24 PM

my mate is gonna be doing the airforce display there, so i might fly there for a few days, well see!

A1

#11 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:37 PM

I go every year, but I might have to go especially for the HTC display.
who knows I might even be part of it by then..
the banda aren't as good this year.
oh well It's always an awesome day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users